Tags:
None
[OP]
Dec 9, 2006
817 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto

Didn't ask for references = hopeless?

went for a second interview earlier this week (don't know if this is considered as second interview it was an interview after a phone interview), the hiring manager explained everything from corporate structure/scope of the projects down to details like daily dress code/hours/background of some members in the team. Made few minor mistakes (didn't hear 2 questions clearly and asked him to repeat), but overall i did fine.

Throughout the interview, he didn't ask me to show any documents (uni degree/transcript, past projects, references), does this mean he's not interested in me as a candidate at all?
3 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2004
1861 posts
9 upvotes
joep wrote:
Nov 4th, 2009 11:37 am
Throughout the interview, he didn't ask me to show any documents (uni degree/transcript, past projects, references)
From my experience, the HR handles all the transcript/references stuff. you may get an email from the HR or recruiter once the manager makes his/her decision.

give it some time, I've had wait times up to 2 months before they contact me back.
Aug 20, 2006
59 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
I applied for some entry-level position before, did the phone interview and went for a physical interview. They didn't ask for references (only realized it when I left the building). Got a job offer the next week. If they don't ask for references/transcripts, don't stress yourself out. The last question in my interview was "what would your previous managers say about you, in relation to your reliability, punctuality, etc.?"
× < >