• Jul 29th, 2021 2:38 am
Tags:
None
17 replies
Apr 7, 2015
250 posts
35 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Horrible idea. Just horrible. This whole franchise should have ended after the one with Sam Jackson. Anything after that is just a silly action film.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19313 posts
2764 upvotes
YVR
Bruce Willis talks about Die Hard 6 / Year One.
http://www.etonline.com/movies/174392_b ... _about_it/
"It's a very good idea, a really tricky idea, and I'm very happy about it," Willis shared. "It's a really cool idea, because it's the origin story. It's gonna happen at the beginning of this. We're going to bounce back and forth."
It won't be the first time Willis will share a screen with a younger version of his character. He did it in Looper with Joseph Gordon-Levitt.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19536 posts
2260 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
I thought looperating was a decent movie but lacked Polish and a bug budget. It could have been a $150 million blockbuster like minority report but instead turned out to be a decent movie but will be forgotten like the movie Bruce did with Thomas Jane about synthetics remembering their past or some turdturd.

Bruce Willis, Thomas Jane and John Cusack have been in one of each other's movies for the last few projects. It's like they have the same crappie agent who pushes thwere shifty roles and they just want a paycheck.
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2009
4770 posts
210 upvotes
Guelph
looper was awesome. this movie will be worse than die hard 5 which was the weakest of all the movies.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19313 posts
2764 upvotes
YVR
brandonl wrote: looper was awesome. this movie will be worse than die hard 5 which was the weakest of all the movies.
Can it get worse than Die Hard 5? It was pretty terrible.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2006
4042 posts
1202 upvotes
Kingston
I don't know how this is suppose to work? John McClane was a nobody prior to the Nakatomi Plaza terrorist plot in LA. It wasn't until his heroics of that day/night that he made a name for himself that set up all the other movies. This prequel would be a snorefest as McClane would be just a desk pushing cop, struggling to make ends meet, arguing with Holly which eventually leads to their separation in DH 1. So what exactly is this movie going to be about? Bad idea and it's clear that the studio is simply milking this franchise for all they can, though they have destroyed this franchise already.

This franchise should of ended after DH 3 with SLJ. DH 4 and 5 were beyond brutal and I don't have high hopes for this one if it gets made.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19313 posts
2764 upvotes
YVR
kcorscadden wrote: This franchise should of ended after DH 3 with SLJ. DH 4 and 5 were beyond brutal and I don't have high hopes for this one if it gets made.
Live Free or Die Hard was pretty good. It even got an 82% on RT.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2009
4770 posts
210 upvotes
Guelph
Haz wrote: Live Free or Die Hard was pretty good. It even got an 82% on RT.
agreed. the last good die hard movie.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
Yeah, I really enjoyed Live Free or Die Hard....best one after the first two Die Hard movies in my opinion.
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19536 posts
2260 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
Scorpionsy wrote: Yeah, I really enjoyed Live Free or Die Hard....best one after the first two Die Hard movies in my opinion.
That's the one that Kevin Smith directed, right? I thought it was ok but I agree that the story has been beaten to death. The saying beating a dead horse would be beating the bones of that dead horse. This franchise is past its use by date long ago. I could forgive them for Live Free Or Die Hard due to the tenuous daughter connection but seriously, that was pretty weak. Let's just wrap it up, boys.

I'll take RED3 before another Die Hard lame sequel.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19313 posts
2764 upvotes
YVR
Supercooled wrote: That's the one that Kevin Smith directed, right? I thought it was ok but I agree that the story has been beaten to death. The saying beating a dead horse would be beating the bones of that dead horse. This franchise is past its use by date long ago. I could forgive them for Live Free Or Die Hard due to the tenuous daughter connection but seriously, that was pretty weak. Let's just wrap it up, boys.

I'll take RED3 before another Die Hard lame sequel.
Kevin was in it but Len Wiseman directed it.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
Oct 1, 2003
849 posts
656 upvotes
Vancouver
It can't be any worse than Cosmic Sin , a movie with Bruce Willis in it.
Deal Expert
Jun 27, 2004
15214 posts
4404 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Die Hard Year One.
Sounds like he turns into Batman :D .
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2007
10206 posts
1465 upvotes
Mississauga
Die Hard became trash after Vengeance
RFD 43-0-0
Ebay 39-0-0
|Dance.Flirt.Music.Chill|
Dec 14, 2016
914 posts
948 upvotes
GTA (not the game)
^ I know Live Free gets a lot of hate, but I rather enjoyed the Willis pairing with Justin Long and thought the Fire Sale premise was a good way to bring the franchise into the 21st century.

As for A Good Day to Die Hard, that one is painful to sit through. I know Bruce Willis is in it, but he wasn't playing John McClane. And it was made during the period when Hollywood was convinced that Jai Courtney should be an action hero...which was a big mistake.
If you're delivering a pizza to a guy, and he comes to the door naked, don't ask for a tip.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)