• Nov 9th, 2018 2:05 am
Tags:
[OP]
Aug 21, 2004
143 posts
5 upvotes
Moncton

Dinnerware set

Just moved into a new place and left all of my old stuff in Europe. Looking for a decent dinnerware set for at least 4 people. I like the Corelle stuff if anybody knows where the best deals might be. Open to anything though, honestly. Wife and I just want something decent to eat off of.
9 replies
Nov 29, 2017
990 posts
769 upvotes
Have you looked at Ikea marketplace?
[OP]
Aug 21, 2004
143 posts
5 upvotes
Moncton
Omakase wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 9:38 pm
Have you looked at Ikea marketplace?
Nope. We're in Moncton and I'm not sure how that works.
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
13685 posts
6102 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Try a thrift shop. They'll have lots of housewares, including dinner ware and Corelle. Moreover they'll easily have matched stuff for at least 4 people since most new sets have 6 or 8 place settings.
veni, vidi, Visa [!Brim]
[OP]
Aug 21, 2004
143 posts
5 upvotes
Moncton
Gee wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 2:52 am
I like Corning (Corelle) as well. You can find them at Walmart.
I saw that Walmart had a lot of the Corelle stuff, I was just curious if maybe there were some deals at another housewares store that might be better, if anyone knew of any. What I was looking at was around $40-50 for a 4 person set, with a bowl, two plates and a mug for each.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
29059 posts
4189 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
MonChoon wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 5:08 pm
I saw that Walmart had a lot of the Corelle stuff, I was just curious if maybe there were some deals at another housewares store that might be better, if anyone knew of any. What I was looking at was around $40-50 for a 4 person set, with a bowl, two plates and a mug for each.
The only way to get Corning deals is to go to their warehouse in New York.

Either that or look for old patterns. If you don’t mind mix and matching.
[OP]
Aug 21, 2004
143 posts
5 upvotes
Moncton
Gee wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 5:12 pm

Either that or look for old patterns. If you don’t mind mix and matching.
Alright, good to know then. Thank you.
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
13685 posts
6102 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Gee wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 5:12 pm
FWIW I was at the Corning store at Waterloo NY Outlet Mall last month. The prices weren't all that great. I was looking for a covered casserole. IIRC dishes were something like $10 for 4 items (plates, bowls, mugs), so ~US$40 for a 4 person place setting. In my case I was driving to Syracuse so it was a small detour. But going there, let alone to Corning, NY, just for this makes no sense--even if their factory warehouse has better prices.
veni, vidi, Visa [!Brim]
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
29059 posts
4189 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
bylo wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 9:59 pm
In my case I was driving to Syracuse so it was a small detour. But going there, let alone to Corning, NY, just for this makes no sense--even if their factory warehouse has better prices.
You’re right. It doesn’t make sense. I was on a weekend bus tour and one of the stops was the Corning Museum. Everything was cheaper at the factory.