Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Sears

Diono Radian R100 car seat $215.24 all in

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 5th, 2016 8:28 am
Tags:
Nov 17, 2013
7 posts
15 upvotes
Vancouver

[Sears] Diono Radian R100 car seat $215.24 all in

Just ordered a Diono radian R100 from Sears.ca--on sale for 254.99 till October 12-- then I was able to use the supposedly expired discount code:

For an additional $50 off bringing the total to $204.99 plus gst. I just missed the last shop.ca deal on the diono car seats before they shut it down, so I'm pretty happy I came across this one! I have received a confirmation email from Sears, I'm hoping it won't get cancelled ...
26 replies
Feb 1, 2012
762 posts
423 upvotes
Montreal
coupon code is not working :(
Jun 29, 2013
143 posts
81 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks OP! I jumped on this as soon as I saw it and the coupon still worked. I've been waiting for a decent deal for Diono car seats for a while now. I actually bought the more expensive RadianRXT though. Seems like there's no padding for the R100 and wouldn't be as good for my 10 month old.

Edit: I should note that I used OP's code within an hour of his post. I only replied to this thread this morning.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2005
4446 posts
2133 upvotes
Toronto
DAMNIT! I've been waiting for the seat to go back on sale! Coupon Code in OP didn't work!!

On the checkout page it says:
[QUOTE]
941612487: $50 OFFER Unresolved
[/QUOTE]

Anybody else have a code?!
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2005
4446 posts
2133 upvotes
Toronto
Eisenhorne wrote: Edit: I should note that I used OP's code within an hour of his post. I only replied to this thread this morning.
Damnit... well it's certainly not working anymore.

I already have 3 of these seats (all bought from previous RFD posts)... needed a 4th one
Jun 29, 2013
143 posts
81 upvotes
Vancouver
Repooc wrote: I already have 3 of these seats (all bought from previous RFD posts)... needed a 4th one
Which model did you get? R100 or RXT? How well does it fit into your car? I'm afraid of the seat being too big for rear facing and the front seat will need to be on a 90 degree angle to fit. Since you got 3 of them and are looking for a 4th, I assume you are pretty satisfied with the purchases.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 8, 2002
5038 posts
504 upvotes
Eisenhorne wrote: Which model did you get? R100 or RXT? How well does it fit into your car? I'm afraid of the seat being too big for rear facing and the front seat will need to be on a 90 degree angle to fit. Since you got 3 of them and are looking for a 4th, I assume you are pretty satisfied with the purchases.
I have an RXT and a Hyundai Santa Fe (2009). The RXT fits well with the angle adjuster (also currently on sale for 25% off at Sears). The front seat is one click away from being all the way to the front, but the angle of the seatback is "normal". Without the angle adjuster, the front seat is all the way at the front and pretty much fully upright.
Jun 29, 2013
143 posts
81 upvotes
Vancouver
Brandon wrote: I have an RXT and a Hyundai Santa Fe (2009). The RXT fits well with the angle adjuster (also currently on sale for 25% off at Sears). The front seat is one click away from being all the way to the front, but the angle of the seatback is "normal". Without the angle adjuster, the front seat is all the way at the front and pretty much fully upright.
I also have a Santa Fe (2013). How old does your child need to be to use the angle adjuster?
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2008
1576 posts
697 upvotes
Eisenhorne wrote: I also have a Santa Fe (2013). How old does your child need to be to use the angle adjuster?
There should be no age restriction on the angle adjuster.... it's purpose is to ensure that the seat is installed safely. So if your child meets the requirements for the seat itself, you will be fine.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2005
4446 posts
2133 upvotes
Toronto
Eisenhorne wrote: Which model did you get? R100 or RXT? How well does it fit into your car? I'm afraid of the seat being too big for rear facing and the front seat will need to be on a 90 degree angle to fit. Since you got 3 of them and are looking for a 4th, I assume you are pretty satisfied with the purchases.
I have 3 R100's

Have one installed in both of our cars, a 2010 VW GTI (4 door) and a 2011 Hyundai Tucson for our 3 year old.

Haven't installed the 3rd one yet because our 1 year old is still in his Graco Snugride 35 carrier seat.... I bought the 3rd one (should have bought 2) the last time the sale was on, because I knew we'd eventually need it.
Jul 29, 2007
153 posts
55 upvotes
Ordered the rxt but the code didn't work
Aug 15, 2014
14 posts
2 upvotes
Calgary
majikstic wrote: There should be no age restriction on the angle adjuster.... it's purpose is to ensure that the seat is installed safely. So if your child meets the requirements for the seat itself, you will be fine.
Actually, it is recommended that baby have complete head control and can sit well unassisted before you should use the angle adjuster rear facing. It's just too upright for a baby if the baby has not reached those milestones. Before the recommendation was 1 year, but Diono has updated it recently.
Aug 15, 2014
14 posts
2 upvotes
Calgary
Eisenhorne wrote: I also have a Santa Fe (2013). How old does your child need to be to use the angle adjuster?
Sorry for jumping in, but it is actually recommended that baby have complete head control and can sit well unassisted before you should use the angle adjuster rear facing. Anything before that, it's too upright for baby.
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2003
4644 posts
741 upvotes
We have the R100 and love it. I've seen this seat go as low as $187 + tax, but stock is always low, so this is a very good deal.
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
13184 posts
7570 upvotes
Kanata
Very good seat. We have 4 of them. Never used them rear facing though.
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2011
1809 posts
1450 upvotes
Toronto
Have R100,R120, Pacifica

They all fit very well in the
Venza, odyssey, Honda fit.

All used angle adjuster when it's rear facing, now that I put it in front facing, the super latch tie down locks the seats very easily!

Good price for R100!
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2015
2101 posts
2930 upvotes
Roxboro, QC
Looking to buy this one as we are travelling next month. Kid is 20 pounds so still rear facing. When do I need to buy the angle adjuster?
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2014
1165 posts
979 upvotes
Ottawa
superxxxstud wrote: Looking to buy this one as we are travelling next month. Kid is 20 pounds so still rear facing. When do I need to buy the angle adjuster?
You never need the angle adjuster (i assume you mean the piece of foam they sell). It gives you a bit more room in the front seat. I avoided it and just lived with it rather than push the seat up
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2011
1809 posts
1450 upvotes
Toronto
bobbyz101 wrote: You never need the angle adjuster (i assume you mean the piece of foam they sell). It gives you a bit more room in the front seat. I avoided it and just lived with it rather than push the seat up
i had angle adjuster on all 3 cars,
without the angle adjuster,
it's almost impossible to install the DIONO properly
in the seat behind the driver seat.
i'm 5'-9", i don't set my seat all the way back,
but still very tight right behind.