• Dec 8th, 2014 12:25 pm
Tags:
None
Jul 23, 2009
911 posts
434 upvotes
Ireland

Direct Canada NOT shipping my order even though I paid

Ordered an Intel 730 SSD off of them on Thursday and it is now Tuesday (4 days later...) and they still have not marked my item as shipped even though I paid with Paypal and they now have my money. I usually buy my computer parts online on either Canada Computers or NCIX and they usually ship their items out within 2 business days.

Has anyone bought from Direct Canada before? How long do they usually take to ship their products? Is this ordinary practice for them?
15 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
7675 posts
10978 upvotes
Scarbs
Today marks the end of the 3rd business day. I'd start worrying at the end of this week.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2005
1518 posts
164 upvotes
Directcanada = bestdirect = NCIX hope I'm not mistaken

PS: did you phone direct Canada Customer service I think they are very good

Beside Four days are not too much of the times to Consider it a delay

perhaps your item not currently in stock, and do not worry your will not lose your

money.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2013
2078 posts
2140 upvotes
Buenos Aires/Monaco
Your thread title is misleading. Sometimes you get stuff quickly and other times there are unforeseen delays. You have nothing to worry about, just be patient.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
4809 posts
1803 upvotes
Patience patience
Mar 23, 2013
706 posts
130 upvotes
Kitchener
You appear to have been scammed. Good luck recovering your funds.
Jul 23, 2009
911 posts
434 upvotes
Ireland
I'll call them if it doesn't ship by Friday. I have heard of cases where they ship the item without updating the status online.
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2009
13885 posts
1368 upvotes
I would certainly call them before making a thread on RFD about it.
In a perfect system, corporations would fear the government and the government would fear the people. - David Wong

Check out caRpetbomBer's picks in this thread.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 26, 2006
5614 posts
1078 upvotes
Toronto
savercanuck91 wrote: I'll call them if it doesn't ship by Friday. I have heard of cases where they ship the item without updating the status online.
Yup. Ordered 2 separate orders a day apart and both got delivered with the shipping notice email a day after.
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
25310 posts
2536 upvotes
Markham, ON
don't order anything from China...cause you might get a heart attack from the wait
Jan 11, 2008
467 posts
125 upvotes
dont worry, i buy parts from direct canada for as long as i can remember. give them a call to find out the status, most of the time they just didnt update the status on the website
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11641 posts
2620 upvotes
Montreal
Direct Canada is often a bit slow, but I always looked the other way because shipping is free most of the time.

Their status update is also slow, so your item might have been in transit (shipped) for a while already before you get a status update.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
7441 posts
4191 upvotes
Moncton, NB
thelefteyeguy wrote: don't order anything from China...cause you might get a heart attack from the wait
Lol good one.
Jul 23, 2009
911 posts
434 upvotes
Ireland
alkizmo wrote: Direct Canada is often a bit slow, but I always looked the other way because shipping is free most of the time.

Their status update is also slow, so your item might have been in transit (shipped) for a while already before you get a status update.
I think it has to do with how limited their stock is in comparison to Canada Computers and NCIX. Ordered a GTX 970 from them last week and they need to wait for the next shipment before they can ship it out to me. Often times they have less than 10 of a particularly hot item in stock and many people end up buying it and then they have to wait to restock.
Dec 7, 2014
2 posts
1 upvote
Guelph
I'm not impressed with Direct Canada's shipping to say the least. I ordered four parts that were in stock 8 days ago, and it's still not marked as shipped. I realize it was black Friday weekend, but seriously this is a bit ridiculous. I ordered a couple things from Newegg the same day and those came the day after.. Like, a week ago.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)