Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Directv Now

[INCLUDED STEPS FOR CANADA] Apple TV 4K 32GB for $73 USD (After BeFrugal Credit - includes 3 months of Directv Now)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 27th, 2019 9:40 am
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2008
15584 posts
7024 upvotes
Gatineau

[INCLUDED STEPS FOR CANADA] Apple TV 4K 32GB for $73 USD (After BeFrugal Credit - includes 3 months of Directv Now)

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
Directv Now
www.directvnow.com/appletv

Prepay for 3 months of DirecTV Now online streaming service (cheapest plan is $35 USD/month) and get a free Apple TV 4K 32GB.

- The Directv Now signing up requires you to mask your Canadian IP Address (Recommend Using SmartDnsPRoxy.com which has a 14 day trial)
Hernani81 wrote: For you and everyone interested! This coupon has 2 years old, but still works for 2 years $24.90USD

https://www.smartdnsproxy.com/sdppromo/Discount-70

I've Just use it and activated the plan Smiling Face With SunglassesSmiling Face With SunglassesSmiling Face With Sunglasses
- Requires a credit card/US paypal account with a US Billing address
- Will only be shipped within the US

EDIT: Signup for BeFrugal and visit this offer via BeFrugal to receive $10 signup bonus + $22 Directv Now = $32 Cash Back making the apple TV cost $73 USD!!!!!!!!!!!

---

Steps I took to order this for my use in Canada

1. I have an entropay.com account (free U.S. Virtual Visa Credit Card that you can top up with your Canadian Credit Card - 4.95% top up fee). Topped it up $105 USD (Total cost is $110.20 USD that I charged to my Canadian Credit Card). EDIT: See Other Options below...
2. I have a U.S. forwarding address in the state of Delaware with mymallbox.com (free account, you get a $5 credit for sign up if you use someone's referral :)). You just pay them when your item arrives to have them ship it to Canada. Reasonable shipping rates.
3. Enabled my SmartDnsProxy.com Smart DNS. Went through the Directvnow sign up process. Selected the Apple TV 4K offer. Inputted my Entropay Visa Card info and used the mymallbox provided address as Billing/Shipping address

EDIT: Other options instead of using Entropay that may work with your existing Canadian Credit Card
Cameraguy23 wrote: Yes you can use your Canadian credit card. You do the zip code trick.
https://tools.usps.com/go/ZipLookupActi ... fresh=true Only put in the numbers of your postal code then 01 and the end. You will see what state and city your in, put that info when signing up with direct tv now. For address put 123 happy lane or whatever.
djino wrote: If the USPS site gives you an error, then you need to keep trying by increasing your zipcode number by 1.

Example: If your Canadian Postal code is K7Z 9B8, then you would head over to the USPS zip code site to get the City and State that the numbers in your zip code followed by 00 belong too:

You would try 79800 at the USPS website. If it gives you an error, you would then try 79801. If that gives you an error, then you'd try 79802..and so on and so forth...

Once the USPS website finally provides you a valid City/State that the zip code corresponds too, then you would head over to directv now to place your order. The Billing Address would need to be the City/State/Zipcode that you found from the USPS website (you can use any street address you want). The Shipping Address would be the mymallbox provided address.
Hernani81 wrote: For someone still buying it, there's one more trick to avoid state taxes!
The zip code trick for a friend of mine, placed him on Santa Monica, CA 90401! On DIRECTV billing he put like that and was charged an extra $10.50 for taxes! I've changed just the state to KY (Kentucky) and he was not charged and the payment accepted! That means that as long the zip code trick gives you a valid 5 digits, you can chose an exempt state and avoid the extra $10.50 Smiling Face With SunglassesSmiling Face With SunglassesSmiling Face With Sunglasses

Suggested, that you find an alternate location in the US to have your ATV shipped too:

Steps I will take once Apple TV arrives mymallbox

1. Tell mymallbox to ship it to me here in Ottawa using USPS (This should cost $12.18 USD)

---

Assuming you follow the BeFrugal method and purchase using the Canadian Credit card trick along with mailing to mymallbox and using a 0% Foreign Exchange Fee 1% Cashback credit card like the Amazon rewards Visa (using today's VISA USD -> CAD exchange rate):

$105 USD - Directv Now Service
$12.18 USD - Mymallbox cheapest shipping to Canada
-$5.00 USD - Mymallbox Referral Credit
----------
= $112.18 USD
= $140.67 CAD is what would appear on an Amazon Visa credit card statement.

Credits Received:
- $1.41 - Amazon Visa Rewards Credit (1%)
- $39.14 - Befrugal Credit ($32 USD with 2.5% conversion fee)
----
-$40.55 CAD total in Credits

APPROXIMATE TOTAL (with credits, taxes, and shipping fees included):

---

COMPARISON TO VISITING AN APPLE STORE IN ONTARIO

---

Expect to receive the following tracking information a couple of business days after your online order:

FedEx - 2 Day shipping

---

Once it arrives mymallbox...even with the cheapest USPS (non-tracking) option selected, you will still receive tracking information from Globegistics that can be used to track its progress to Canada (once it arrives Canada, you should be able to continue to get accurate tracking using the tracking number on canadapost).

---

Delivery to my local Canadapost came in exactly 6 business days after mymallbox shipped it.

djino wrote: FYI... These are my data points to delivery. Will add to the OP.

Friday February 9th @ 4:03pm
- Completed Directv Signup
- Immediately received an email from Directv indicating my account is active for streaming

Friday February 9th @ 4:30pm
- Received Directv email indicating my $105 purchase for 3 months

Monday February 12th @ 8:29pm
- Received Directv email indicating my Apple TV was shipped that included my Fedex Tracking number
- Signed up for FedEx email notification

Thursday February 15th @ 11:05am
- Received Fedex email indicating my package has been delivered

Thursday February 15th @ noon
- Received MyMallBox email indicating that I have received a package
- Stupidly told mymallbox to repackage

Friday February 16th @ 9am
- Found it cost $13 to ship to my Canadian address (USPS Airmail (non-tracking).
- Paid for the shipping using my mymallbox credit
- Immediately received Globegistics tracking number via mymallbox email

Tuesday February 27th @ 11:05am
- Received email from Canadapost about my Flex Delivery package being available for pick up which indicates the Globegistics tracking number (EXACTLY 6 BUSINESS DAYS LATER)

djino
Last edited by djino on Feb 9th, 2018 4:57 pm, edited 36 times in total.
Thread Summary
corrected link: http://www.directvnow.com/appletv

Website to find a USA zipcode - http://www.brainyzip.com

Step by step directions on how to cancel Directvnow - https://slickdeals.net/article/list/how ... scription/ - Your cancellation date will be 3 months from when you signed up. IT IS NOT IMMEDIATE!
2490 replies
Dec 17, 2015
144 posts
388 upvotes
Greenfield Park, QC
Oh gosh. I did this. Had it shipped to my folks' place in Florida.

I really hope it works, or else 140$ down the drain.

FYI, DirecTV won't let you sign up unless you fake your location to USA by using a VPN.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2009
1012 posts
150 upvotes
Dang, signed up for the 4 month offer the day it became available. Surprised this is still going on, and they even reduced it to 3 months. At least BOA had $35 cb to reduce the cost, not sure if that offer is still available. You can sign up at an AT&T store and you'll get 2 apple TVs because their system is a piece of junk and doesn't know what it's doing :lol:
"Because ten billion years' time is so fragile, so ephemeral... it arouses such a bittersweet, almost heartbreaking fondness."
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2009
1012 posts
150 upvotes
djino wrote:
Steps I will take once Apple TV arrives mymallbox

1. Tell mymallbox to repackage Apple TV into a shipping Bag (instead of the likely huge shipping box that will come from Directv) as to reduce shipping to Canada. This is a free service that mymallbox provides
2. Tell mymallbox to ship it to me here in Ottawa using USPS (This should cost $10-$15 - as it did when I went through the same process for Target's $21 Fire TV)

djino
The shipping box it comes in is tiny.
"Because ten billion years' time is so fragile, so ephemeral... it arouses such a bittersweet, almost heartbreaking fondness."
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2008
15584 posts
7024 upvotes
Gatineau
juldum wrote: Oh gosh. I did this. Had it shipped to my folks' place in Florida.

I really hope it works, or else 140$ down the drain.

FYI, DirecTV won't let you sign up unless you fake your location to USA by using a VPN.
Yup, I have a smartdnsproxy.com subscription that I have active on my router.

Djino
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2008
15584 posts
7024 upvotes
Gatineau
TidalDreams wrote: The shipping box it comes in is tiny.
Good to know

Djino
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2005
1604 posts
977 upvotes
djino wrote: 2. I have a U.S. forwarding address in the state of Delaware with mymallbox.com (free account, you get a $5 credit for sign up if you use someone's referral :)). You just pay them when your item arrives to have them ship it to Canada. Reasonable shipping rates.
Interesting as Delaware has no sales taxes
Can they combine shipments?
Koodo $45 60GB 5G + Unlimited Long Distance Perk (28 Countries)
Public $120 180GB + Canada Wide (90 Day plan; less rewards = $20 per month)
Freedom $35 North America Wide + 20GB + 1GB Roaming
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2008
15584 posts
7024 upvotes
Gatineau
kav2001c wrote: Interesting as Delaware has no sales taxes
Can they combine shipments?
Yup. You are correct. Delaware is a 0% sales tax state which means you pay 0% sales tax on any item you get shipped to mymallbox.

And yes mymallbox offers the free service to combine multiple shipments into one package or to repackage a single shipment into a smaller package.

Djino
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2004
1916 posts
1296 upvotes
Toronto, ON
good luck getting your apple tv from mymallbox these days..
Jan 15, 2018
4 posts
3 upvotes
Out of curiosity, why would you buy this if new TV's are smart? Disregarding if you TV isn't.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2014
1159 posts
726 upvotes
Toronto, ON
TidalDreams wrote: Dang, signed up for the 4 month offer the day it became available. Surprised this is still going on, and they even reduced it to 3 months. At least BOA had $35 cb to reduce the cost, not sure if that offer is still available. You can sign up at an AT&T store and you'll get 2 apple TVs because their system is a piece of junk and doesn't know what it's doing :lol:
Could you elaborate? Heading south next week....thanks
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2008
15584 posts
7024 upvotes
Gatineau
ericw wrote: good luck getting your apple tv from mymallbox these days..
I've used mymallbox over a dozen times over the past year and a half (most recent order received just after Christmas). Never had any problems receiving my packages. I personally don't see why receiving this would be any different.

Djino
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2011
1725 posts
1893 upvotes
WESTMOUNT
I have been a DirecTV Now customer since its launch in November 2016. The first days were pretty rough with more buffering than streaming. So a lot of people cancelled. I toughed it out because of the introductory offer of 100 channels for $35US. As a reward they gave me HBO free for a year. More recently, I have been participating in the beta version of the FireTV app which includes a PVR. Of course, you can expect a charge for this service when it goes live.

The service lately has been pretty rock solid. They allow you two streams. I share one with my dad. And he is pretty happy with it. They also have a large selection of On Demand content. Another cool thing is the DirecTV Now account allows you to use the apps from HBO (if you get HBO), Fox, Disney, ESPN, etc.

If you have any questions about the service, feel free to ask.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
4193 posts
2224 upvotes
Niagara
Very interesting option. I assume that to use DirecTV Now service in Canada you’ll have to connect via DNS proxy or VPN?
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2002
1263 posts
637 upvotes
Oakville
herrdude wrote: DirecTV Now account allows you to use the apps HBO (if you get HBO), Fox, Disney, ESPN, etc.

If you have any questions about the service, feel free to ask.
Does Disney network finally work? I could never get it to work.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2008
15584 posts
7024 upvotes
Gatineau
joey003 wrote: Very interesting option. I assume that to use DirecTV Now service in Canada you’ll have to connect via DNS proxy or VPN?
That's right. You will need a smart DNS or VPN option to take advantage of the streaming service.

I currently subscribed to smartdnsproxy.com $50 2 year package.

Djino
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2011
1725 posts
1893 upvotes
WESTMOUNT
PrimaryTech wrote: Does Disney network finally work? I could never get it to work.
When I use Private Internet Access VPN, none of the Disney channels (XD, ABC Family, etc.) work, However, I got the deal from StackSocial with lifetime Getflix. Now, I get all the Disney Channels.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2007
1729 posts
402 upvotes
Kitchener
On a semi-related note, Greeng0blin Jailbreak For The Apple TV 4 tvOS 10.2.2 is out. tvOS 11 is being hinted to be ready in the near future.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2002
1263 posts
637 upvotes
Oakville
herrdude wrote: When I use Private Internet Access VPN, none of the Disney channels (XD, ABC Family, etc.) work, However, I got the deal from StackSocial with lifetime Getflix. Now, I get all the Disney Channels.
Thanks for replying. That was the problem and reason I cancelled. Only reason why I got it was due to Disney network. I’ll check out getlix. Does getflix do DNS? I tried few vpn providers and Disney was always the problem.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2006
6560 posts
10849 upvotes
Comox Valley , BC
TidalDreams wrote: Dang, signed up for the 4 month offer the day it became available. Surprised this is still going on, and they even reduced it to 3 months. At least BOA had $35 cb to reduce the cost, not sure if that offer is still available. You can sign up at an AT&T store and you'll get 2 apple TVs because their system is a piece of junk and doesn't know what it's doing :lol:
off topic but how did you get a BOA card?
EZSAVE wrote: Could you elaborate? Heading south next week....thanks
It's ymmv - depends if store clerk checks the store pickup box during the in store process - there's a thread on SD about this deal as well - https://slickdeals.net/f/11252715-direc ... s-only?v=1

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)