Parenting & Family

Dirty looks when taking my daughter to the public restrooms.

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 12th, 2018 11:30 am
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
21783 posts
4903 upvotes
Toronto
roblombardi wrote: What do you mean by that?
There are men in there with hypnotic powers that will brainwash a kid into slavery in the time it takes to use a bathroom.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
7971 posts
9092 upvotes
Toronto
Piro21 wrote: There are men in there with hypnotic powers that will brainwash a kid into slavery in the time it takes to use a bathroom.
Oh, I thought he was referring to kids grooming, as in what the priests usually do with the altar boys
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
21783 posts
4903 upvotes
Toronto
roblombardi wrote: Oh, I thought he was referring to kids grooming, as in what the priests usually do with the altar boys
Grooming means gaining a kid's trust and teaching them that whatever criminal act the groomer intends is really a normal thing that people do. Abuse of education and trust. You can't do that if you've never seen a kid before and you're only around them for 2 minutes in a filthy bathroom. Priests can and do do that over a number of years though.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
7971 posts
9092 upvotes
Toronto
Poutinesauce wrote: They are looking for vulnerable children in order to molest them.
More like what the priests usually do with the altar boys... as they have more time and interaction for grooming them
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
9298 posts
10312 upvotes
roblombardi wrote: More like what the priests usually do with the altar boys... as they have more time and interaction for grooming them
That's a myth. Priests in nearly all cases have molested post-pubescent boys, not pre-pubescent ones. Effectively it is pederasty.

You never know who might be lurking in a public bathroom, so I'm especially wary of sending in a young impressionable child with little means to defend himself.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
7971 posts
9092 upvotes
Toronto
Poutinesauce wrote: That's a myth. Priests in nearly all cases have molested post-pubescent boys, not pre-pubescent ones. Effectively it is pederasty.

You never know who might be lurking in a public bathroom, so I'm especially wary of sending in a young impressionable child with little means to defend himself.
:facepalm:
If that's a myth... that means you have the actual facts... care to share your source?

A great idea for you is to keep buying diapers for your kids until they turn 18 (or 21 in some provinces), so they can relieve themselves on the diaper and you can avoid sending them to a public bathroom
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
9298 posts
10312 upvotes
roblombardi wrote: :facepalm:
If that's a myth... that means you have the actual facts... care to share your source?

A great idea for you is to keep buying diapers for your kids until they turn 18 (or 21 in some provinces), so they can relieve themselves on the diaper and you can avoid sending them to a public bathroom
Sure, here: https://www.newsweek.com/sex-and-church ... nge-145559
The great majority of cases now before the church involve not pedophilia but "ephebophilia," an attraction to post-pubescent youths.
And here: https://www.churchmilitant.com/news/art ... dly-cancer
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
7971 posts
9092 upvotes
Toronto
This Newsweek article is from 2002... a little bit outdated, considering it was written 16 years ago; since then, there has been a lot of child abuse... and even the Pope is dealing right now with it during his visit in Ireland
Sorry, but this "Church Militant" article is just pure religious fanatic homophobic garbage... you can keep that to yourself
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
21783 posts
4903 upvotes
Toronto
Poutinesauce wrote: That's a myth. Priests in nearly all cases have molested post-pubescent boys, not pre-pubescent ones. Effectively it is pederasty.

Priests molest both little boys, girls, and other defenseless people under their power like adult nuns. The recent cases from Pennsylvania, Ireland, Australia, Germany, Chile, Poland, Malta, England and Scotland have documented this extensively. The church actively defends the molesters in every case.
Do you really think the church will give accurate information after working for centuries to cover this up?
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
1253 posts
245 upvotes
Toronto
greg123 wrote: Under 3 it's fine, but after that age they should be able to go by themselves.
I don’t care what at age ppl think my child should go to the public bathroom by himself. He’s 5.5 years old and I still insist on taking him to the ladies room with me as public washrooms are super gross and the last thing I want is him touching the filthy toilet seats...
Deal Guru
Mar 31, 2008
13010 posts
3095 upvotes
Toronto
kayceedee wrote: I don’t care what at age ppl think my child should go to the public bathroom by himself. He’s 5.5 years old and I still insist on taking him to the ladies room with me as public washrooms are super gross and the last thing I want is him touching the filthy toilet seats...
I'm guessing around 7 he'll be completely independent.
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
21783 posts
4903 upvotes
Toronto
kayceedee wrote: I don’t care what at age ppl think my child should go to the public bathroom by himself. He’s 5.5 years old and I still insist on taking him to the ladies room with me as public washrooms are super gross and the last thing I want is him touching the filthy toilet seats...
Men's washrooms are cleaner than women's in nearly every case.
Deal Addict
May 12, 2014
3487 posts
3894 upvotes
Montreal
Piro21 wrote: Men's washrooms are cleaner than women's in nearly every case.
How have you been able to compare a statistically significant number of them?
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2012
2151 posts
382 upvotes
Toronto
I notice this happens frequently. Never have given a dirty look. If fact, I actually avoid looking as I know it may not be the most comfortable situation.
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
21783 posts
4903 upvotes
Toronto
FrancisBacon wrote: How have you been able to compare a statistically significant number of them?
I had to clean them as a teenager when working at a restaurant and a retail store.
Feb 7, 2018
155 posts
54 upvotes
Toronto ON
Well, whoever told you "the ladies washroom is on the other side" is not a parent. I agree situation is little awkward and I personally feel uncomfortable seeing a girl in the mens washroom, but I am a parent and I get the situation and ignore it as much as possible and try to look the other side. Especially when I am with my son, it's not a problem, he is also small kid and I am way too busy with him to pay attention to others.

What I hate is when the changing station is in the washroom out of the big toilet, so people who wash hands could watch my baby. I used to be quick as a lightning back then. You never know who's watching. My son is way past this period now.

Sometimes it is my wife going with him in the ladies washroom. So far no problems, at least that I know of. But yeah, I hear you too.
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2014
1691 posts
1029 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I have 3 daughters. When the oldest was too young to go by herself or supervise the younger ones, I took her into the men's bathroom/changeroom. At the pool this was a problem because in order to get to the toilets you have to pass by the showers and I had to rush my daughter along because I didn't want her to stop and stare at naked men.
A few weeks ago I was changing in a men's room at a water park. A man came in with his young daughter. I felt uncomfortable even though I understand the situation.
Last edited by Sievert on Sep 26th, 2018 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2014
1691 posts
1029 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
radeonboy wrote: People these days aren't like what they used to be.
The future ain't what it used to be.