• Last Updated:
  • Aug 11th, 2011 9:32 am
Tags:
None
50 replies
Jul 23, 2005
27 posts
Good post.

The Buffalo Airport has had this deal running for years now. I never park at the airport without a coupon.
Oct 26, 2003
97 posts
what's the difference between "preferred long term" and "long term A"? thanks
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
1737 posts
132 upvotes
Not to hijack the thread but...

Almost free Hotel for 2 weeks at BIA
If your planning on spending up to two weeks parking at the Buffalo Airport a number of the Hotels offer free 'stay and fly' 14 day parking with 1 night hotel. I just booked 1 night for $119 +tax (~$135) for quad occ. You might want to also check for 24 hr 'free' shuttle to airport and rate incl. breakfast.

It ends up that you stay at the hotel for not alot more $ then the 2 week airport parking rate, plus you can do some outlet shopping the day before or it's great if you need to catch an early morning flight.

Just google -'stay and Fly' Buffalo Airport. Call the 1-800 hotel numbers and ask for a stay and Fly rate. I found addl nights parking are ~$5-6.
It used to be only death and taxes were inevitable. Now, of course, there's shipping and handling, too.
Oct 5, 2005
673 posts
14 upvotes
MJB wrote:
Aug 12th, 2007 1:15 pm

If your planning on spending up to two weeks parking at the Buffalo Airport a number of the Hotels offer free 'stay and fly' 14 day parking with 1 night hotel. I just booked 1 night for $119 +tax (~$135) for quad occ. You might want to also check for 24 hr 'free' shuttle to airport and rate incl. breakfast.

It ends up that you stay at the hotel for not alot more $ then the 2 week airport parking rate, plus you can do some outlet shopping the day before or it's great if you need to catch an early morning flight.

Just google -'stay and Fly' Buffalo Airport. Call the 1-800 hotel numbers and ask for a stay and Fly rate. I found addl nights parking are ~$5-6.
good advice....my neighbour does this twice a year.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2004
1194 posts
105 upvotes
Burlington
I flew in to Buffalo yesterday, and had some relatives pick me up. They parked in the short-term lot where it's about $3.00 per hour. Daily max of $20.00.

The agent leaving the lot stated that the long-term lot offers free parking for two hours - which is perfect for dropping/picking someone up from the airport.

I am not sure if this is always, but worth someone looking into if you need park for less than two hours.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
6323 posts
804 upvotes
MJB wrote:
Aug 12th, 2007 1:15 pm

Very nice. We'll probably be taking a 6am flight from Buffalo soon and will definitely do this. It looks like Sleep Inn has the best reviews. The customer reviews talk about getting a free breakfast at 4am, so that they could eat before their flight at 6am. And the reviews also say that it's only $100 taxes in. Basically, you get a night stay, free wifi and breakfast for barely more than the cost of 2 weeks of parking.
Jul 20, 2006
971 posts
10 upvotes
i need to book a flight to florida from buffalo, any good sites to look at? to help me with the booking

thanks.... will take advantage of the parking deal
Banned
Sep 2, 2006
5645 posts
2 upvotes
thanks
ItemFinder wrote:
Apr 13th, 2008 11:45 pm
Let me point out that the only people that like China are the mainlanders. Chinese from elsewhere refuse to be associated with China.
I always knew you were a genius.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2004
2944 posts
278 upvotes
s2kdarren wrote:
Aug 12th, 2007 6:04 pm
i need to book a flight to florida from buffalo, any good sites to look at? to help me with the booking

southwest.com, airtran.com, delta.com, aa.com, united.ca, usairways.com, continental.com, nwa.com, jetblue.com

should cover every airline that flys out of Buffalo iirc.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
6323 posts
804 upvotes
CorSter wrote:
Aug 12th, 2007 6:33 pm
southwest.com, airtran.com, delta.com, aa.com, united.ca, usairways.com, continental.com, nwa.com, jetblue.com

should cover every airline that flys out of Buffalo iirc.
Use sidestep.com and it'll check them all except southwest. Whenever I'm looking for a flight from Buffalo, I check sidestep and southwest.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2004
1194 posts
105 upvotes
Burlington
s2kdarren wrote:
Aug 12th, 2007 6:04 pm

I just flew Southwest out of Buffalo to Orlando for $64.19 each way. Makes for a total after taxes of $158.80 per person return. Which is a great deal when you factor in the exchange rate, and for those of us without a passport makes air travel in the US possible.

You can also get very similar rates flying into Tampa, Ft. Lauderdale, Ft. Myers, Jacksonville, and West Palm Beach from Southwest. It does vary on availability of course. When you book the trip select the Internet one-way rate.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2004
2944 posts
278 upvotes
LNahid2000 wrote:
Aug 12th, 2007 6:40 pm
Use sidestep.com and it'll check them all except southwest. Whenever I'm looking for a flight from Buffalo, I check sidestep and southwest.
i normally use Kayak.com, which i find slightly superior to sidestep because it still indexes southwest, although it can't show the cost of the flights.

sometimes these sites miss certain itinearies, going to the airline direct is always your best bet.
Jul 28, 2005
211 posts
36 upvotes
Mississauga
I just got back from Orlando yesterday via Buffalo (Southwest $59.00 each way - less then $400 CDN for 3 people - can't beat it). Parked in Long-term A - only thing I would note is that they do charge by the hour for every hour you are over the 1 week. I parked at approx. 10am on the 4th and left at approx. 7pm on the 11th - was $46.75 after taxes out the door. Almost cheaper then 2 days in YYZ. Shuttles are everywhere - took no more then 2 minutes for one to come by both times. Well worth it.

On another note - 2 years ago my wife and I did the same trip only we left at 6:30am - we stayed at the quality inn across the street and got a nights stay and 1 week parking for $80.00 - not sure if they still do that deal but you can call and ask.
× < >