Disgusted by ROGERS Customer Service

• Last Updated:
  • May 23rd, 2012 2:37 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2002
2930 posts
621 upvotes
Ajax
robster77 wrote: So just got off the phone with Rogers Cable Retentions (these are supposed to be the nice ones for heaven's sake) as they tried to explain to me why the cable portion of my bill increased by $8 this month. So even with a business degree in finance, an arts degree in economics, a CMA designation and and MBA, I was told, and I quote,"You'll have to take your bill into a Rogers Video store and perhaps they can take out some markers and draw some picture or something to explain it to you."
Really LMAO?
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2005
1793 posts
41 upvotes
here's another rogers story. I just got off the phone with wireless client retentions and management. I was a loyal rogers client with wireless, cable and internet. Average well over 200/mo total. Now they tell me with a straight face that i have to pay $670 for ab iphone 4, where a new customer pays $160. I'm 3 months away from upgrade eligibility according to them. The funny part is that if I cancel and go to Bell or Telus, and get the Iphone there, I still end up saving $135 by quitting Rogers. What stupidity on the part of Rogers. This is just the latest rip off that Rogers had tried to pull on me lately and honestly Ive had enough. I think I willl try the office of the president but for all of you thinking of going with Rogers, DON'T!
Rogers is the most frustating company that I've ever had to deal with.
Dec 20, 2007
603 posts
47 upvotes
xstatik wrote: here's another rogers story. I just got off the phone with wireless client retentions and management. I was a loyal rogers client with wireless, cable and internet. Average well over 200/mo total. Now they tell me with a straight face that i have to pay $670 for ab iphone 4, where a new customer pays $160. I'm 3 months away from upgrade eligibility according to them. The funny part is that if I cancel and go to Bell or Telus, and get the Iphone there, I still end up saving $135 by quitting Rogers. What stupidity on the part of Rogers. This is just the latest rip off that Rogers had tried to pull on me lately and honestly Ive had enough. I think I willl try the office of the president but for all of you thinking of going with Rogers, DON'T!
I wouldn't bother with the office of the president if you haven't already had EXTENUATING circumstances, that is if they actually put you through at all. Try calling in again with a different approach.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2010
6112 posts
660 upvotes
SW Ontario
xstatik wrote: here's another rogers story. I just got off the phone with wireless client retentions and management. I was a loyal rogers client with wireless, cable and internet. Average well over 200/mo total. Now they tell me with a straight face that i have to pay $670 for ab iphone 4, where a new customer pays $160. I'm 3 months away from upgrade eligibility according to them. The funny part is that if I cancel and go to Bell or Telus, and get the Iphone there, I still end up saving $135 by quitting Rogers. What stupidity on the part of Rogers. This is just the latest rip off that Rogers had tried to pull on me lately and honestly Ive had enough. I think I willl try the office of the president but for all of you thinking of going with Rogers, DON'T!
That's the way most hardware upgrades work though. Here's a crazy thought, why don't you just WAIT the three months and save the approx 500 dollars??
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2008
1100 posts
577 upvotes
Ok - so here is my Rogers rant. I get a call - a solicitation call from one of the contests that I entered. I got all excited when she mentioned the contest but of course it was not a win. Anyway, back to my story. She asked me to call back. She mentioned that I am eligible for savings which I am not getting so of course I call back. Dumb me. They are trying to up sell me on getting a wireless plan and they have the audacity to say to me - btw you are getting more off than you should so I could adjust that. Wait - you mean - I call you back - and you are not only not offering me more discounts - you are threatening to take the discounts away from me. What wonderful customer service. They asked me questions for which I was not interested in answering -- like - do you have wireless - NOYB... I told them that if they decide to take discounts away - I will walk away. They said we know what people are saying about us - we check the blogs we read the stuff - well if you know all of that - why dont you just offer good customer service with decent rates - remember we live in a country with near the highest rates for wireless usage in the OECD countries. Ridiculous. Better service - happier users - less blogging. Makes sense to me. :twisted:
Sharonnelt @sharonnelt on twitter
13 Wins in 2013 for a total of $504
173 wins in 2012 for a total of $10057
Deal Fanatic
Aug 13, 2009
8501 posts
2496 upvotes
Toronto
sharonnelt wrote: Ok - so here is my Rogers rant. I get a call - a solicitation call from one of the contests that I entered. I got all excited when she mentioned the contest but of course it was not a win. Anyway, back to my story. She asked me to call back. She mentioned that I am eligible for savings which I am not getting so of course I call back. Dumb me. They are trying to up sell me on getting a wireless plan and they have the audacity to say to me - btw you are getting more off than you should so I could adjust that. Wait - you mean - I call you back - and you are not only not offering me more discounts - you are threatening to take the discounts away from me. What wonderful customer service. They asked me questions for which I was not interested in answering -- like - do you have wireless - NOYB... I told them that if they decide to take discounts away - I will walk away. They said we know what people are saying about us - we check the blogs we read the stuff - well if you know all of that - why dont you just offer good customer service with decent rates - remember we live in a country with near the highest rates for wireless usage in the OECD countries. Ridiculous. Better service - happier users - less blogging. Makes sense to me. :twisted:

this :arrowu: is just mind-boggling that they would act like this. ENCROYABLE! :mad:
No Signature
Deal Guru
Jun 28, 2003
12163 posts
5613 upvotes
Ottawa
I was on hold with Rogers for just a bit over 1 hour and I had to hang up because my wife needs to use the phone...thanks God for speaker phone!

I understand it's Saturday night and it's getting late but that wait time was simply astounding. I am already a Rogers customer so I only call when I have a concern or want to change something.

I am now #3 in the queue for chat support. We will see how long this takes.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2422 posts
794 upvotes
Rogers is Hell.

Enbridge is the Devil.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
4465 posts
426 upvotes
Toronto
gman wrote: That is nothing after you have deal with Bell. Only 5 incompetent reps? Only 3 hours? Try Bell and you will know the difference.
LOL, and that's an understatement. No company on this planet is even within a mile of Hell, sorry Bell.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2010
6112 posts
660 upvotes
SW Ontario
canabiz wrote: I was on hold with Rogers for just a bit over 1 hour and I had to hang up because my wife needs to use the phone...thanks God for speaker phone!

I understand it's Saturday night and it's getting late but that wait time was simply astounding. I am already a Rogers customer so I only call when I have a concern or want to change something.

I am now #3 in the queue for chat support. We will see how long this takes.

I hope Rogers chat is better than Bells. The bell one they don't even read the question (or understand it) even when I rephrase a simple question 3 different ways, then they take 10 minutes to give an answer that may or may not even pertain to the inquiry... lol
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2002
2037 posts
523 upvotes
'sauga
Beeg wrote: Rogers is Hell.

Enbridge is the Devil.

Then Bell must be purgatory, 'cause you go NOWHERE!
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2005
1528 posts
183 upvotes
Burnaby
I've only been a Rogers Wireless customer for about 3 weeks and have to say their wait times and obstacles to reaching live assistance are pretty ridiculous alright. That said, at least when I do finally get to talk with someone I can generally enjoy a reasonable enough conversation with someone who speaks clear English and has a reasonable level of intellect. I also have phones with Telus, and find that most of the CSRs in their Philippine call centre have accents so thick it's just about impossible to understand them. On top of that most of them are thick as bricks and seem to have virtually zero product knowledge.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2006
3481 posts
404 upvotes
Downtown Canada
sharonnelt wrote: Ok - so here is my Rogers rant. I get a call - a solicitation call from one of the contests that I entered. I got all excited when she mentioned the contest but of course it was not a win. Anyway, back to my story. She asked me to call back. She mentioned that I am eligible for savings which I am not getting so of course I call back. Dumb me. They are trying to up sell me on getting a wireless plan and they have the audacity to say to me - btw you are getting more off than you should so I could adjust that. Wait - you mean - I call you back - and you are not only not offering me more discounts - you are threatening to take the discounts away from me. What wonderful customer service. They asked me questions for which I was not interested in answering -- like - do you have wireless - NOYB... I told them that if they decide to take discounts away - I will walk away. They said we know what people are saying about us - we check the blogs we read the stuff - well if you know all of that - why dont you just offer good customer service with decent rates - remember we live in a country with near the highest rates for wireless usage in the OECD countries. Ridiculous. Better service - happier users - less blogging. Makes sense to me. :twisted:

Interesting that they asked you to call them back. I wonder if they count customer callbacks as some kind of performance metric? Or maybe they just needed you to log into their system voluntarily so they could confirm you're the owner of the account they were tampering with.
:cool:
Deal Fanatic
May 4, 2007
6903 posts
261 upvotes
I love Rogers. The Bi*ch slapped me when I was 17.... (prob the worst horror story on RFD).... now I bi*ch slap them. Its fun.
[external advertising and solicitation in signature is not allowed]
Oct 19, 2010
1 posts
i was Customer of Rogers wireless , before i renew my plan , they agree discount , but after i renew my plan , they removed all the discount , and even i make complain with office president , they just say my account can't have it , and say , if you call again , i will terminate my network.

they never keep their promise.

even i have reference number ,

this is a suck Company ,

they just a such lair.

i hear they applied something and then they can offer credit card , this is a joke , they mess up bill all the time , and they are the no never keep promise.
Nov 20, 2010
72 posts
1 upvote
Brampton
Rogers is the worst company I've ever dealt with in my entire life. unnecessary fees, high prices, the worst customer service you'll ever encounter, and much much more.
Banned
May 12, 2004
9756 posts
4136 upvotes
Ottawa
winstonwang wrote: i was Customer of Rogers wireless , before i renew my plan , they agree discount , but after i renew my plan , they removed all the discount , and even i make complain with office president , they just say my account can't have it , and say , if you call again , i will terminate my network.

they never keep their promise.

even i have reference number ,

this is a suck Company ,

they just a such lair.

i hear they applied something and then they can offer credit card , this is a joke , they mess up bill all the time , and they are the no never keep promise.

Wow! I know punctuation is a foreign concept to many RFD'ers, but you more than provided the next 10 yrs worth of missing punctuation. :razz:
Deal Guru
Jun 28, 2003
12163 posts
5613 upvotes
Ottawa
I was with Rogers for quite a long time and in the last 6 months have ditched them for VoiP.ms (home phone) and Teksavvy (Internet cable)

I am still with Rogers for the TV (will be interesting to see if the a-la-carte is coming to Ottawa) and cell phones (got a good enterprise deal).

I don't have a lot of complaints about Rogers except for the higher prices. I usually got some discounts by locking in for a period of time.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)