• May 23rd, 2012 2:37 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2006
3431 posts
281 upvotes
Downtown Canada
RunOrDie wrote:
Jul 14th, 2010 5:54 pm
... I would so love to pay an additional $5-10 than wait for 2 hours on the phone...life is WAAAYY more important than a couple of bucks
Please, don't give them any ideas! Next we'll hear a recording while on hold saying "Your call is important to us. To jump to the head of the line, please enter your credit card number now."
:cool:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2008
2213 posts
240 upvotes
North York
Update

Someone from the office of the president promptly contacted me around noon and perhaps the first person over at Rogers who is willing to thoroughly investigate my issue without cutting me off or keep insisting that there is nothing they can do. As noted, although I am connected - ROGERS have no idea that I am connected and / or what Standard Box that I have in possession which explains why I can't even exchange my box. This is a major screw up in their part and I still can't fathom how this could happen.

Although the rep is confident that she can resolve my issue - she have not disclosed any credit I will be receiving for all the frustration, rage and more than three hours of my time spent commuting to treasure hunt a HD Box and waiting endlessly on a telephone to speak with their CS only to be cut off twice. Let's see what she can come up with.

[QUOTE][...] Just having a couple people doing google searches for "Rogers sucks" and trying to put out a few fires won't fix the colossal customer service issues.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you here that this does not fix their fundamental customer service and definitely does not make me forget for the kind of treatment I've received. I was in a ROGERS Store at 9:00PM (as they closed) when the last rep hung up on me and I said in to the reps there -- "it's inhumane" and I still stand by that. No remedial process could justify the kind of treatment I was receiving.

However, at the same time, it would be unfair for me to not give ROGERS any credit for their effort to have dedicated online communications team who at the end of the day, have the genuine intention to resolve issues. This is to say that she provides "additional avenue" where unresolved issue can be escalated.

--Will continue to update when I know the final outcome of my situation--
Banned
May 12, 2004
9759 posts
4088 upvotes
Ottawa
Bah...churn rate is climbing and VP's are under pressure to bring it down. Create internet 'task-force' to level it off. Status quo ante in 3 months.

We've all seen it too many times.
Deal Guru
Dec 23, 2003
13007 posts
1679 upvotes
Toronto
Ethan15 wrote:
Jul 14th, 2010 10:56 pm
Update

Someone from the office of the president promptly contacted me around noon and perhaps the first person over at Rogers who is willing to thoroughly investigate my issue without cutting me off or keep insisting that there is nothing they can do. As noted, although I am connected - ROGERS have no idea that I am connected and / or what Standard Box that I have in possession which explains why I can't even exchange my box. This is a major screw up in their part and I still can't fathom how this could happen.

Although the rep is confident that she can resolve my issue - she have not disclosed any credit I will be receiving for all the frustration, rage and more than three hours of my time spent commuting to treasure hunt a HD Box and waiting endlessly on a telephone to speak with their CS only to be cut off twice. Let's see what she can come up with.

I agree with you here that this does not fix their fundamental customer service and definitely does not make me forget for the kind of treatment I've received. I was in a ROGERS Store at 9:00PM (as they closed) when the last rep hung up on me and I said in to the reps there -- "it's inhumane" and I still stand by that. No remedial process could justify the kind of treatment I was receiving.

However, at the same time, it would be unfair for me to not give ROGERS any credit for their effort to have dedicated online communications team who at the end of the day, have the genuine intention to resolve issues. This is to say that she provides "additional avenue" where unresolved issue can be escalated.

--Will continue to update when I know the final outcome of my situation--
My experience with the office of the president at rogers has been positive. they will resolve the issue and if you are polite but fair in your requests, they can accommodate this.

Just keep in mind that the other person on the phone who you are talking to DID NOT create the issue. I understand that frustration can be displayed but in my experience, politeness goes a long way and being fair will yield rewards.

Not sure if you are aware, but Bell offers an HD PVR free for 3 years, so you could get an HDPVR from Rogers free for 1 year.. that will make up for the hassles.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2008
2213 posts
240 upvotes
North York
Resolved

ROGERS Office of the President rep called me around the afternoon today and informed me that I can now exchange my box (albeit I have to go to the ROGERS store myself, which is fine by me). Rep offered 1 year free HDPVR and one month additional free on top of my three months free promotion. I would say it's a fair compensation for what I've been through although nothing stellar.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2010
6016 posts
574 upvotes
SW Ontario
Ethan15 wrote:
Jul 15th, 2010 10:55 pm
Resolved

ROGERS Office of the President rep called me around the afternoon today and informed me that I can now exchange my box (albeit I have to go to the ROGERS store myself, which is fine by me). Rep offered 1 year free HDPVR and one month additional free on top of my three months free promotion. I would say it's a fair compensation for what I've been through although nothing stellar.
That sounds fair for sure. hopefully you don't have more problems for a while. It should have never become such a hassle either. Glad they resolved it with you though.
Jul 14, 2010
179 posts
8 upvotes
Since Rogers is still privately owned by Rogers family, any discount/compensation they give you comes out from their own pockets. They've got a lot of dough, and with the dominant and protected business environment, they really don't care about losing customers here and there. Eventually, some other people will buy from them. It's just continuous losing and gaining, and money keeps on flowing into their pockets.

I defy putting anymore money into their pockets, so I have my internet with Tekksavvy, use skype, watch youtube, have prepaid cell phone and avoid Rogers at all cost.
Sep 27, 2003
9467 posts
2217 upvotes
Newmarket
maxsmith wrote:
Jul 17th, 2010 12:24 am
Since Rogers is still privately owned by Rogers family, any discount/compensation they give you comes out from their own pockets. They've got a lot of dough, and with the dominant and protected business environment, they really don't care about losing customers here and there. Eventually, some other people will buy from them. It's just continuous losing and gaining, and money keeps on flowing into their pockets.

I defy putting anymore money into their pockets, so I have my internet with Tekksavvy, use skype, watch youtube, have prepaid cell phone and avoid Rogers at all cost.
Rogers is a publically shared company: (TSX: RCI.A, TSX: RCI.B, NYSE: RCI)

Any losses comes out of their shareholders pockets...and the family does not own all the shares.
RFD Forums Moderator
Sep 27, 2003
9467 posts
2217 upvotes
Newmarket
It's a shame that the OOP needs to get involved in fixing a situation as simple as this.

The "online communications team", as useless as they are, always putting a PR spin on stuff, should do more than just resolve these individual issues or "letting their team know"...they should actually invoke change.

Reps need to be coached, team leaders need to be fired or there needs to be a severe improvement in training.
RFD Forums Moderator
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2002
2755 posts
481 upvotes
Ajax
robster77 wrote:
Jul 13th, 2010 11:09 am
So just got off the phone with Rogers Cable Retentions (these are supposed to be the nice ones for heaven's sake) as they tried to explain to me why the cable portion of my bill increased by $8 this month. So even with a business degree in finance, an arts degree in economics, a CMA designation and and MBA, I was told, and I quote,"You'll have to take your bill into a Rogers Video store and perhaps they can take out some markers and draw some picture or something to explain it to you."
Really LMAO?
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2005
1793 posts
40 upvotes
here's another rogers story. I just got off the phone with wireless client retentions and management. I was a loyal rogers client with wireless, cable and internet. Average well over 200/mo total. Now they tell me with a straight face that i have to pay $670 for ab iphone 4, where a new customer pays $160. I'm 3 months away from upgrade eligibility according to them. The funny part is that if I cancel and go to Bell or Telus, and get the Iphone there, I still end up saving $135 by quitting Rogers. What stupidity on the part of Rogers. This is just the latest rip off that Rogers had tried to pull on me lately and honestly Ive had enough. I think I willl try the office of the president but for all of you thinking of going with Rogers, DON'T!
Rogers is the most frustating company that I've ever had to deal with.
Dec 20, 2007
602 posts
47 upvotes
xstatik wrote:
Jul 29th, 2010 8:08 pm
here's another rogers story. I just got off the phone with wireless client retentions and management. I was a loyal rogers client with wireless, cable and internet. Average well over 200/mo total. Now they tell me with a straight face that i have to pay $670 for ab iphone 4, where a new customer pays $160. I'm 3 months away from upgrade eligibility according to them. The funny part is that if I cancel and go to Bell or Telus, and get the Iphone there, I still end up saving $135 by quitting Rogers. What stupidity on the part of Rogers. This is just the latest rip off that Rogers had tried to pull on me lately and honestly Ive had enough. I think I willl try the office of the president but for all of you thinking of going with Rogers, DON'T!
I wouldn't bother with the office of the president if you haven't already had EXTENUATING circumstances, that is if they actually put you through at all. Try calling in again with a different approach.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2010
6016 posts
574 upvotes
SW Ontario
xstatik wrote:
Jul 29th, 2010 8:08 pm
That's the way most hardware upgrades work though. Here's a crazy thought, why don't you just WAIT the three months and save the approx 500 dollars??