Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2013
1149 posts
689 upvotes
Toronto

Dishwasher Purchase Advise

Hi All, I rarely post in this Forum but I'm in need of some help. Does anyone know of a good dishwasher to buy and/or of any good deals on dishwashers for black friday? I'm really looking to spend no more than $600 but am open to more if it really makes sense

thanks
10 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
1293 posts
384 upvotes
Gatineau
Interested in this as well
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
3252 posts
3029 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
Ychanceit wrote: Hi All, I rarely post in this Forum but I'm in need of some help. Does anyone know of a good dishwasher to buy and/or of any good deals on dishwashers for black friday? I'm really looking to spend no more than $600 but am open to more if it really makes sense
Check out your local BF sale flyers to get some ideas, then look online for reviews of the models that interest you. I recommend going to the library as most have subscriptions to the Consumer Reports Buying Guide which has a great comparison listing of a lot of different models and brands. You can see which is right for you in your price range.
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
1775 posts
823 upvotes
Bummer's Roost
We bought a low end dishwasher 10-12 years ago and have not had a single problem with it.
Apr 14, 2015
580 posts
175 upvotes
Tsuu T'Ina, AB
ALLCAPS wrote: Check out your local BF sale flyers to get some ideas, then look online for reviews of the models that interest you. I recommend going to the library as most have subscriptions to the Consumer Reports Buying Guide which has a great comparison listing of a lot of different models and brands. You can see which is right for you in your price range.
And you'll get more up to date info on Consumer Reports online. A lot of libraries have a subscription so you can access it free from your computer. I just wanted to mention that because some people don't know.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
38392 posts
12018 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
I purchased a Bosch and I'm not really happy with it.

I don't think I would be happy with any dish washer. They will never clean as well as a person doing it by hand

The only advantage for me is the water temperature. The hot water will santise your dishes
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
3252 posts
3029 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
Gee wrote: I purchased a Bosch and I'm not really happy with it.

I don't think I would be happy with any dish washer. They will never clean as well as a person doing it by hand

The only advantage for me is the water temperature. The hot water will santise your dishes
I got a Bosch. I'm happy with it. ;-)
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2014
1739 posts
960 upvotes
Newton Brook, ON
Gee wrote: I don't think I would be happy with any dish washer. They will never clean as well as a person doing it by hand
You're using the wrong detergent.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
38392 posts
12018 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
nmclean wrote: You're using the wrong detergent.
I'm using Finish with the little red ball. It scratches my dishes

What should I be using. I've tried Cascade and it was worse.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
3252 posts
3029 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
Gee wrote: I'm using Finish with the little red ball. It scratches my dishes

+1 for the Cascade issue. I'm using Finish and I don't have any issues with it. If your dishes aren't being cleaned, you're not packing correctly.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
13462 posts
4621 upvotes
GTA
Gee wrote: I'm using Finish with the little red ball. It scratches my dishes

Add a teaspoon of white vinegar.