Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2006
4798 posts
880 upvotes
Toronto

Dishwasher Repair (GTA or Vaughan)

Anyone know of any reliable appliance repair person/company that can fix dishwashers?

I would prefer one that doesn't charge a looking fee to assess the problem first.

Thks
Last edited by Pochacco on Oct 11th, 2017 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
5 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
24844 posts
2572 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Pochacco wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 10:38 pm
I would prefer one that doesn't charge a looking fee to assess the problem first.
Would you spend 30 minutes to drive to someone’s house and 30 minutes to drive back and pay the gas for free?

How much is an hour of your time worth?

Repair men will charge you to look at it because they spent money to get there. Especially if you don’t like his quote and decide to go with someone else.

If you give him the job, I’m sure they will waive the consult fee.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2006
4798 posts
880 upvotes
Toronto
Gee wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 10:58 pm
Would you spend 30 minutes to drive to someone’s house and 30 minutes to drive back and pay the gas for free?

How much is an hour of your time worth?

Repair men will charge you to look at it because they spent money to get there. Especially if you don’t like his quote and decide to go with someone else.

If you give him the job, I’m sure they will waive the consult fee.
There are places that won't.. anyhow, thks Thinking Face
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
24844 posts
2572 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Pochacco wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 11:01 pm
There are places that won't.. anyhow, thks Thinking Face
If they exist, they will eventually start charging. It is unreasonable to expect them to pay expenses to asses the problem with your dishwasher without getting the job to repair it.

Good luck.

FYI. It will be easier to get a reply if you indicate what part of Toronto you’re located at.