Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Disney] Canadians Save 25% on Walt Disney World Park Tickets - Deal Extended to May 20th, 2017

• Last Updated:
  • May 28th, 2017 12:47 pm
Sep 28, 2016
1 posts
Thanks. Are there any blackout dates for these discounted tickets?
cbrunett wrote: Just saw this posted. I haven't seen any Canada-specific ticket deals in a few years. This is a really good deal if you are thinking of going to Walt Disney World (WDW). Save 25% on 4 day or longer tickets. Also save more if you add park hopper and water park. I heard attendance was down this year at WDW. I guess they are trying to compensate for the exchange rate for Canadians. I am holding off a little bit as I am hoping that there might be a hotel-dining-ticket package for Canadians down the road.

For a family of 4 looking at 8 day ticket + park hopper/water park at WDW, you can save almost $450 US on the ticket package.

Here are the conditions:
-Tickets (unless upgraded with Park Hopper or Water Parks & More Fun Options) are valid for admission to one theme park per day.
-Tickets and any options purchased must be used within 14 days of first use.
-Items are priced for Canadian Residents only. Savings compared to the price of the same ticket sold at the Theme Park Ticket Window.
-All tickets and options are nontransferable and nonrefundable and exclude activities/events separately priced. Water parks subject to rehabilitation, seasonal and weather closures.
-Tickets will be sold as exchange certificates, which must be redeemed at the theme park Main Entrance for admission.
All Guests must present a valid Canadian passport to exchange the certificate for a valid ticket at the theme park ticket window or Guest Relations prior to first use.
-Residents of Canada who are not Canadian citizens must bring valid passport and valid proof of Canadian residency.
Offer is valid for advance purchase only and is not available at Walt Disney World Resort theme park ticket windows.

Basically if you take advantage of this offer, you get exchange certificates which you convert to tickets at the gate when you show a valid passport. From what I am hearing you can book fastpass+ with these tickets before you exchange (ie 30 or 60 days out depending if you are staying at a resort or not). However, I am not 100% sure about this, so if anybody can confirm that would be great.

If you combine these tickets with a discounted WDW hotel, it could be a really could do-it-yourself package.

Also there is something similar at Disneyland Disneyland Discounted Tickets.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2006
2467 posts
1082 upvotes
GTA
megawhatever wrote: Can someone please let me know if tickets purchased have to be shipped? If I pick up on the day of arrival? Can I still book the fast pass+? Really don't want to spend another $25 for shipping if I don't have to.

Any answer would be appreciated.
I believe you can add the tickets in your online Disney account (or they are added when you set up an account when ordering), I have not done this but that is my understanding, We are planning to go in November and I will be pre-booking fast pass this way.
Jan 14, 2010
94 posts
20 upvotes
megawhatever wrote: Can someone please let me know if tickets purchased have to be shipped? If I pick up on the day of arrival? Can I still book the fast pass+? Really don't want to spend another $25 for shipping if I don't have to.

If your trip is in the upcoming 30 days, it let you book the fastpass even without having the ticket, I did it last week. However, I don't know if you buys the tickets way before the 30 days if it let you book your fastpass when the 30 days countdown starts.
Jan 14, 2010
94 posts
20 upvotes
Thalus wrote:
mlarouche wrote:
starbelow wrote:

Update: Their Disney representative said no and they had to abide by the contract. They wouldn't give me the phone number of the department/rep so I could speak with them myself. Apparently there are a bunch of others asking for some sort of deal. Undercover Tourist voluntarily offered me a $100 credit (which I accepted). Hopefully Disney changes their minds after enough people ask about it.. but I doubt it.

I asked why are e-tickets non refundable vs the regular tickets... and they didn't have an answer besides the fact that it's on the contract.
FYI, UndercoverTourist accepted to refund my e-tickets and I was able to re-purchased the tickets through Disney. I didn't even lose my FastPass+ so it wasn't too much of an hassle. I only need to contact VISA since they charged me converting fee for every transaction.

Let me know how you make out with visa and adjusting the conversion fees. That's where i got screwed as well.
Update: It comes a few days later but I was able to get a refund from Visa. I initially contacted Visa directly and the answer was a clear no. But I contacted the bank from which I took my VISA card and I was able to get back the transaction fee for two out of the three transactions. I don't know if in the end it's VISA or my bank that refunded me. for the information, I'm with Desjardins.
Feb 11, 2007
205 posts
15 upvotes
mlarouche wrote:

If your trip is in the upcoming 30 days, it let you book the fastpass even without having the ticket, I did it last week. However, I don't know if you buys the tickets way before the 30 days if it let you book your fastpass when the 30 days countdown starts.
Yes I called in this morning. They said that I don't need to have the tickets to book the fastpass. All I need to do is link the confirmation with the mydisneyexperience app or link and I would be able to do. I will pick up the tickets when I arrive.
Mar 27, 2003
658 posts
18 upvotes
Did anyone happen to book with the travel agents? I read something in one of the facebook group that if booking with travel agent, discount is 30% instead of 25%.
I am not sure if there is any catch for this.
Mar 12, 2007
83 posts
46 upvotes
Ontario sucks
I called them and said "I dont need them. please cancel" and they cancelled it. no questions asked.
mind you, I also used Expedia for TD .
richmak wrote: I booked the disney tickets through expedia in late August as well, CAN$2180 for family of 4, 7 days with hopper. I couldn't really cancel the expedia reservation because it is non-refundable. Is your expedia reservation fully refundable? How did you cancel it?

Thanks!
00dinan3 wrote: Thanks OP! I had booked back in July for $1619cad through expedia for our trip next week.

I just called expedia, cancelled it, and paid $937usd. Saved us a couple bucks.
Sep 2, 2005
418 posts
98 upvotes
Toronto
GPS wrote:
jdt wrote: FYI - if you get the Rogers Platinum mastercard, you get 4% cash reward for foreign currency purchases, and until October 19, there is no 2.5% currency conversion charge. The 4% rewards can only be used in a few places like to pay Rogers bills, Rogers / Fido online stores, Blue Jays tickets, etc. After October 19 one still gets the 4% rewards, but there will be a 2.5% currency conversion charge. There is a $29 / yr fee for the card, which is waived for the 1st year, or waived as long as you pre-authorized your Rogers bill on the card. So this deal on Disney World tickets came just in time.
Are you sure the 4% is combined with no currency conversion fee until Oct 19? I thought it was a switch from 1.75% cashback and no currency fee to 4% cashback and you pay 2.5% conversion fee on Oct 19.
That's what Rogers customer service told me. I haven't tried calling again to confirm.
Sep 2, 2005
418 posts
98 upvotes
Toronto
GPS wrote: Anyone try CAA to see if they can sell you this offer plus get a CAA discount on top?
I called CAA just now but they didn't pick up; left a voicemail, expecting CAA to call back today or tomorrow. Has anyone been able to confirm one way or another?

Update: CAA called back, and they said they have the same discount as on Disney's web site (i.e., no additional discount).
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2003
1275 posts
404 upvotes
jdt wrote:
GPS wrote: Anyone try CAA to see if they can sell you this offer plus get a CAA discount on top?
I called CAA just now but they didn't pick up; left a voicemail, expecting CAA to call back today or tomorrow. Has anyone been able to confirm one way or another?

Update: CAA called back, and they said they have the same discount as on Disney's web site (i.e., no additional discount).
Thanks for checking. Then I'll just buy through Disney in USD and take advantage of Rogers MC 4% plus no forex fee.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
3580 posts
2985 upvotes
Markham
minimalist wrote:
cbrunett wrote: Also should point out that the tickets don't expire. So buy the tickets today and use them 5 years later. Tickets are good until you enter a park and activate the tickets.

Once you enter the park, the tickets expire 14 days after that.

The two dates sometimes confuse people.
The terms and conditions state that they expire Jan. 13, 2018 or 13 days from first use.
From the link in the OP:
The best part? You can use these discounted tickets at any time during 2016, 2017 and beyond—they won’t expire!

Tickets and any options purchased must be used within 14 days of first use.

Freedom Mobile $40/20GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB
Deal Fanatic
Feb 1, 2006
6494 posts
2490 upvotes
Ontario
HDawg wrote:
minimalist wrote:
cbrunett wrote: Also should point out that the tickets don't expire. So buy the tickets today and use them 5 years later. Tickets are good until you enter a park and activate the tickets.

Once you enter the park, the tickets expire 14 days after that.

The two dates sometimes confuse people.
The terms and conditions state that they expire Jan. 13, 2018 or 13 days from first use.
From the link in the OP:
The best part? You can use these discounted tickets at any time during 2016, 2017 and beyond—they won’t expire!

Tickets and any options purchased must be used within 14 days of first use.
The Disneyland tickets have the Jan. 2018 expiry and the Disneyworld ones do not expire until 14 days of first use.
Cards:HSBC WE MC 1.5%/3% travel 0 FX MC acceptance 31 day med AF $49
CTC WE MC 3% grocery, 3.54% CTC, RA, billpay, AF $0
MBNA RWE 5.4% grocery/resto
Bank: EQ (1.5%)
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2004
5083 posts
2804 upvotes
Edmonton
ginabobolee wrote: Did anyone happen to book with the travel agents? I read something in one of the facebook group that if booking with travel agent, discount is 30% instead of 25%.
We just booked disneyland through wesjet - the ticket prices in their bundle were cheaper than the new disney discounted rates. But, not sure if we would get the same rate if we just bought the tickets. I havent seen anything about travel agents having access to cheaper tickets. Last year we bought our WDW ones through flight center, and they PM'd a cheaper rate we found, but intially they werent any cheaper.

I doubt we're going to WDW next year if we hit Disney next month, but since the tickets dont expire we might still pick up a set for future use.
Feb 17, 2009
585 posts
921 upvotes
U4IA wrote:
ginabobolee wrote: Did anyone happen to book with the travel agents? I read something in one of the facebook group that if booking with travel agent, discount is 30% instead of 25%.
We just booked disneyland through wesjet - the ticket prices in their bundle were cheaper than the new disney discounted rates. But, not sure if we would get the same rate if we just bought the tickets. I havent seen anything about travel agents having access to cheaper tickets. Last year we bought our WDW ones through flight center, and they PM'd a cheaper rate we found, but intially they werent any cheaper.

I doubt we're going to WDW next year if we hit Disney next month, but since the tickets dont expire we might still pick up a set for future use.
Did you book through Westjet Vacations? Looked at the website tonight but it doesn't seem to offer any flexibility. We are planning to spend 10 days in Southern California but only 4 nights in Anaheim/Disneyland. We plan to spend the other 6 days in other parts of Southern California such as La Jolla and San Diego. But when we book four nights at Disneyland, the flights are scheduled to leave 6 days before we would like to leave. And if I book 10 days at Disneyland, we're stuck with Anaheim area hotels for the entire 10-day stretch. Surely we can't be the only ones who want to do more in Southern California than spend the entire time at Disneyland? Not sure if I'm explaining this correctly.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2004
5083 posts
2804 upvotes
Edmonton
snootchiebootchies wrote:
U4IA wrote:

Did you book through Westjet Vacations? Looked at the website tonight but it doesn't seem to offer any flexibility. We are planning to spend 10 days in Southern California but only 4 nights in Anaheim/Disneyland. We plan to spend the other 6 days in other parts of Southern California such as La Jolla and San Diego. But when we book four nights at Disneyland, the flights are scheduled to leave 6 days before we would like to leave. And if I book 10 days at Disneyland, we're stuck with Anaheim area hotels for the entire 10-day stretch. Surely we can't be the only ones who want to do more in Southern California than spend the entire time at Disneyland? Not sure if I'm explaining this correctly.
Yes, we used westjet vacations. We just needed a cheap getaway (well somewhat cheap lol) and Westjet was a decent deal. Unbundled it would have cost way more... You could try calling but their packages all seem pretty much pre-set. We did also book it a bit late, so we didnt have many options.

If you need more flexibility you'd probably need to build it yourself, or do it through a travel agent. If you're booking fairly far ahead you should be able to find some decent flights, etc. You can always combine ebates with expedia, etc for cash back.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2003
19893 posts
4113 upvotes
9347934 downvotes
Thanks, heading to Orlando in Jan, will probably take advantage of this.
Deal Addict
May 28, 2009
1544 posts
529 upvotes
Ottawa
Thanks for the deal and will be taking advantage of it.
I have a couple of related Q's and was wondering if anyone has any insights.

1. my cousin and his family will be joining us from the UK so he cant use this deal , is there any similar deals for non canadians or is undercover tourist the best option

2. reading through these pages i see that i could pre book the fast pass. if they end up buying through other channels can they also pre book fast pass or do we show up at the park and to get it done.

TIA
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2010
3262 posts
1220 upvotes
Looking for a 1 day pass do Disney Land (california) for 2 adults. Any suggestions on finding a decent price for this?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 3, 2006
5546 posts
3067 upvotes
Winnipeg
everylittlecent wrote: Thanks for the deal and will be taking advantage of it.

2. reading through these pages i see that i could pre book the fast pass. if they end up buying through other channels can they also pre book fast pass or do we show up at the park and to get it done.

TIA
2. You will get a code (ticket number) from the other channel which you can add to MDE (My Disney Experience). From there, you can create and manage Fast Passes the same as any other ticket purchased.
This isn't a blog.
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2011
3885 posts
666 upvotes
everylittlecent wrote: Thanks for the deal and will be taking advantage of it.
I have a couple of related Q's and was wondering if anyone has any insights.

1. my cousin and his family will be joining us from the UK so he cant use this deal , is there any similar deals for non canadians or is undercover tourist the best option

TIA
I purchased my tickets from park savers when we went in Sept and they were much cheaper then anyone else

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)