Expired Hot Deals

[Disney] Canadians Save 25% on Walt Disney World Park Tickets - Deal Extended to May 20th, 2017

• Last Updated:
  • May 28th, 2017 12:47 pm
[OP]
Nov 23, 2013
49 posts
187 upvotes

[Disney] Canadians Save 25% on Walt Disney World Park Tickets - Deal Extended to May 20th, 2017

Deal Link:
Savings:
25% off
Expiry:
May 20, 2017
Just saw this posted. I haven't seen any Canada-specific ticket deals in a few years. This is a really good deal if you are thinking of going to Walt Disney World (WDW). Save 25% on 4 day or longer tickets. Also save more if you add park hopper and water park. I heard attendance was down this year at WDW. I guess they are trying to compensate for the exchange rate for Canadians. I am holding off a little bit as I am hoping that there might be a hotel-dining-ticket package for Canadians down the road.

For a family of 4 looking at 8 day ticket + park hopper/water park at WDW, you can save almost $450 US on the ticket package.

Here are the conditions:
-Tickets (unless upgraded with Park Hopper or Water Parks & More Fun Options) are valid for admission to one theme park per day.
-Tickets and any options purchased must be used within 14 days of first use.
-Items are priced for Canadian Residents only. Savings compared to the price of the same ticket sold at the Theme Park Ticket Window.
-All tickets and options are nontransferable and nonrefundable and exclude activities/events separately priced. Water parks subject to rehabilitation, seasonal and weather closures.
-Tickets will be sold as exchange certificates, which must be redeemed at the theme park Main Entrance for admission.
All Guests must present a valid Canadian passport to exchange the certificate for a valid ticket at the theme park ticket window or Guest Relations prior to first use.
-Residents of Canada who are not Canadian citizens must bring valid passport and valid proof of Canadian residency.
Offer is valid for advance purchase only and is not available at Walt Disney World Resort theme park ticket windows.

Basically if you take advantage of this offer, you get exchange certificates which you convert to tickets at the gate when you show a valid passport. From what I am hearing you can book fastpass+ with these tickets before you exchange (ie 30 or 60 days out depending if you are staying at a resort or not). However, I am not 100% sure about this, so if anybody can confirm that would be great.

If you combine these tickets with a discounted WDW hotel, it could be a really could do-it-yourself package.

Also there is something similar at Disneyland Disneyland Discounted Tickets.
Last edited by cbrunett on Sep 17th, 2016 7:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
741 replies
[OP]
Nov 23, 2013
49 posts
187 upvotes
Also should point out that the tickets don't expire. So buy the tickets today and use them 5 years later. Tickets are good until you enter a park and activate the tickets.

Once you enter the park, the tickets expire 14 days after that.

The two dates sometimes confuse people.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2004
3024 posts
615 upvotes
Edmonton
That seems pretty good - usually you can get a few dollars off from sites like undercouver tourist, but this is far better I think. The tickets dont expire, so might pick up a set regardless. The only way I think this will get better in the future is if our dollar goes back to par or close..

Still sucks its around $1300 for a family of 4 for 5 days.

These are also will call tickets, so it looks like you need to redeem them at the front gate. We've done this before, but you probably won't be able to pre-setup your fastpass selections because they arent electronic ones. We just did something similar last year (and we stayed at disney property) but fastpass+ wouldnt link to our tickets until we converted then at the gate. We didnt have too much trouble getting selections except for newer rides like the dwarfs mine cart.
Mar 29, 2007
75 posts
29 upvotes
Unbelievable, booked our trip in June for an Oct date. Might call and see if they can do anything won't hold my breath.

Attendance is down? Could have fooled me. Booked 4 months in advance and princess character dining and princess makeover is completely booked (I have 3 girls). Even the Disney operators were saying that the reservations were unusually high for that time of year. Did my FastPass+ selection 30 days in advance since we're not staying on the resort and the popular rides completely filled.

Lesson learned, when they say they take reservations 6 months in advance they really mean book 6 months in advance or you won't get what to you want. Have to hope for cancellation now.
Dec 20, 2011
277 posts
60 upvotes
Windsor, On
Thanks - We have up until Feb to buy. I'm going to see if the exchange rate goes down a notch. I want to go in Sept/17

wow looking at the prices, there really isn't too much of a jump from 4-10 day passes. If anyone has gone, is 1-day a park enough time?
Last edited by tflionsfan on Sep 17th, 2016 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2007
1897 posts
417 upvotes
Edmonton
how many free can's of "OFF" do they provide during the promo at Disney Orlando?????????
Last edited by frankmp on Sep 17th, 2016 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 17, 2014
434 posts
62 upvotes
A great deal. A co-worker with a family of 4 just got back from Walt Disney and he was griping about the cost of admission. Wish he was able to capitalize on this offer!
[OP]
Nov 23, 2013
49 posts
187 upvotes
tflionsfan wrote:
Sep 17th, 2016 8:53 pm
wow looking at the prices, there really isn't too much of a jump from 4-10 day passes. If anyone has gone, is 1-day a park enough time?
You could easily do each of the parks in a day. However, I find Magic Kingdom could be a 2-day visit to really see everything. Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom can be done easily in a single day (some people do each of these in a half day). Epcot is a single day but a lot of walking.

You can always upgrade your ticket in the park ie if you had a 4-day ticket and arrived in the park and wanted to add a day, it is easy to do. You only pay the difference between a 4-day and a 5-day ticket.
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2005
1180 posts
125 upvotes
London, ON
Thanks so much OP! This works so well with the flight/hotel package I ordered a few months back!

My thoughts on the fastpass+ is you have to choose the 'international shipping' to get your actual ticket and make the reservation in advance. But I could be wrong. From what I heard, making the fastpass reservation on the same day is almost impossible as most of the interesting stuff is all booked out.
[OP]
Nov 23, 2013
49 posts
187 upvotes
The disboards.com forums are saying that fastpasses can booked in advance (ie before ticket pickup) with this offer. One person mentioned that they called disney and tickets can be linked to MyDisneyExperience using the reservation number provided when booking. Once linked to the MyDisneyExperience you can book fastpasses 30 or 60 days out depending on whether you are staying at a Disney resort.
Last edited by cbrunett on Sep 17th, 2016 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 31, 2006
140 posts
8 upvotes
Thanks OP!!

Booked a trip is Disneyland in Nov and this is going to save me a few hundred dollars!

Hadn't bought the tix yet so this is super handy.

Thanks

Joon
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2006
1239 posts
225 upvotes
cbrunett wrote:
Sep 17th, 2016 7:46 pm
Also should point out that the tickets don't expire. So buy the tickets today and use them 5 years later. Tickets are good until you enter a park and activate the tickets.

Once you enter the park, the tickets expire 14 days after that.

The two dates sometimes confuse people.
The terms and conditions state that they expire Jan. 13, 2018 or 13 days from first use.
[OP]
Nov 23, 2013
49 posts
187 upvotes
howitzer wrote:
Sep 17th, 2016 8:50 pm

Attendance is down? Could have fooled me. Booked 4 months in advance and princess character dining and princess makeover is completely booked (I have 3 girls). Even the Disney operators were saying that the reservations were unusually high for that time of year. Did my FastPass+ selection 30 days in advance since we're not staying on the resort and the popular rides completely filled.
Attendance down 4% at Disney parks

Park attendance down