Expired Hot Deals

[Disney] Canadians Save 25% on Walt Disney World Park Tickets - Deal Extended to May 20th, 2017

• Last Updated:
  • May 28th, 2017 12:47 pm
Feb 10, 2007
914 posts
368 upvotes
Calgary, AB
jason26 wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2017 9:31 pm
Looks like the offer has expired even though it says valid til May 20th. To bad - I saw this a few months ago but didn't jump on it as I wasn't sure if we'd actually go. Just firming up the plans now and the offer is expired!
Looking at World or Land? Land ended in Feb or March, of course right before I booked flights and hotels to realized they stopped it. Not heading until October so hoping for a return!
Apr 22, 2014
771 posts
179 upvotes
, ON
jason26 wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2017 9:31 pm
Looks like the offer has expired even though it says valid til May 20th. To bad - I saw this a few months ago but didn't jump on it as I wasn't sure if we'd actually go. Just firming up the plans now and the offer is expired!
No it is not expired. When you click on the link on the OP first post, the Disney web clearly said offer has been extended to May 2017 in big letters.

For those went to Disney world or park, is August good time to go just before the school start?
Feb 10, 2007
914 posts
368 upvotes
Calgary, AB
anotherbargainhunter wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2017 8:27 am
No it is not expired. When you click on the link on the OP first post, the Disney web clearly said offer has been extended to May 2017 in big letters.

For those went to Disney world or park, is August good time to go just before the school start?
Only World is extended, Disneyland deal is dead.

August is very busy at both parks.
Apr 22, 2014
771 posts
179 upvotes
, ON
Fort McMurray wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2017 9:02 am
Only World is extended, Disneyland deal is dead.

August is very busy at both parks.
I wasn't aware that the OP talked about DL. The OP specifically says DW. I am more interested in DW since it is much bigger.
Is 10 days enough? Also, which months that is not too busy and not too cold?
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2011
3446 posts
408 upvotes
Apr 23rd, 2017 9:56 am
I wasn't aware that the OP talked about DL. The OP specifically says DW. I am more interested in DW since it is much bigger.
Is 10 days enough? Also, which months that is not too busy and not too cold?
10 days should be enough... I did DW last september for 10 days and it was just about right as it left us time to take a break
The crowds were not that bad at that time either as we waited until school started
Apr 22, 2014
771 posts
179 upvotes
, ON
shushwap wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2017 10:01 am
10 days should be enough... I did DW last september for 10 days and it was just about right as it left us time to take a break
The crowds were not that bad at that time either as we waited until school started
Which week that you went in September? How was the weather? How was the line ups for rides and attractions?
Sep 19, 2016
50 posts
7 upvotes
End of august is not too bust, thats when some schools in the US start back up. If you got last couple weeks of August you will be ok. But it is VERY hot.
Jul 23, 2011
109 posts
71 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Going to Disney world in either October or early November, is staying at Disney hotels worth it for early entry and dining plan? Or is it better to just rent a house? Family of 5. Kids 10, 8 and 8. Any info would be appreciated.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
10619 posts
1692 upvotes
Ottawa
staying off property should be more cost effective, especially for a large group. Cause you can cook food yourself. Suites to house a family of 5-6 will be in the neighbourhood of $300USD a night at DW resorts

Of course, you will have to pay for parking/car rental and you don't get early entry.
Honey, I can't go to bed yet. Somebody is wrong on the Internet!
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
3331 posts
295 upvotes
Vancouver
Apr 23rd, 2017 10:07 am
Which week that you went in September? How was the weather? How was the line ups for rides and attractions?
Weekday after school starts, the lineups will be much shorter. Obviously, weekends are going to be busier. For some idea, you can also check out this website which gives you many tips including a suggested crowd calendar.
https://www.undercovertourist.com/orlan ... -calendar/
Remember
1) to download their attraction/wait time app to use while at the park so you can plan your visit.
2) hit the popular rides first thing at opening
3) grab a fastpass for the popular rides and go to the less popular rides in the meantime.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2004
2998 posts
608 upvotes
Edmonton
Kaida9 wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2017 11:15 am
Going to Disney world in either October or early November, is staying at Disney hotels worth it for early entry and dining plan? Or is it better to just rent a house? Family of 5. Kids 10, 8 and 8. Any info would be appreciated.
It's always a balance of time vs money. It's cheaper to stay off site, but then you have to rent a car and pay for parking. If you're taking a late afternoon nap, you have to factor in travel time, walking to the car etc. But then, you're probably saving on breakfast/dinner if you cook in a rental house. The Dining plan savings get a bit tricky to calculate, depending on where you're eating, etc. I believe theres a few sites that discuss the pros and cons in more details. For a WDW property, you can take the free bus from the airport, and use WDW transportation if you're not leaving the park. Last time we did Disney, we did use one of the early morning magic, but otherwise went the opposite park each day because early magic can actually can actually make the park busier. Plus, not all rides are available during the early morning times.

For 5 people, it's hard to get a WDW room that would fit, and theres only a few family suites and a couple of rooms that can sleep 5. You can also look into various timeshares within the WDW area, such as Bonnet Creek. etc.
Jul 23, 2011
109 posts
71 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
U4IA wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2017 2:57 pm
It's always a balance of time vs money. It's cheaper to stay off site, but then you have to rent a car and pay for parking. If you're taking a late afternoon nap, you have to factor in travel time, walking to the car etc. But then, you're probably saving on breakfast/dinner if you cook in a rental house. The Dining plan savings get a bit tricky to calculate, depending on where you're eating, etc. I believe theres a few sites that discuss the pros and cons in more details. For a WDW property, you can take the free bus from the airport, and use WDW transportation if you're not leaving the park. Last time we did Disney, we did use one of the early morning magic, but otherwise went the opposite park each day because early magic can actually can actually make the park busier. Plus, not all rides are available during the early morning times.

For 5 people, it's hard to get a WDW room that would fit, and theres only a few family suites and a couple of rooms that can sleep 5. You can also look into various timeshares within the WDW area, such as Bonnet Creek. etc.
Thank you, I will look it up!
Jul 23, 2011
109 posts
71 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
warpdrive wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2017 11:27 am
staying off property should be more cost effective, especially for a large group. Cause you can cook food yourself. Suites to house a family of 5-6 will be in the neighbourhood of $300USD a night at DW resorts

Of course, you will have to pay for parking/car rental and you don't get early entry.
Thanks!
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
3331 posts
295 upvotes
Vancouver
For families, the value (motel) resorts are a good idea. The art of animation is the nicest one of the bunch and has larger family suites. There's also the others like all star sports, all star music, pop century. These are basically motel style accomodations, but still give you free access to the disney airport shuttle and park/hotel transportation.

To get an idea of what they're like, look them up on youtube.
Sep 17, 2007
106 posts
30 upvotes
Halifax
Kaida9 wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2017 11:15 am
We have stayed in Kissimmee and Bonnet Creek (through vacation upgrades) when we have been there. We are only a family of 4 but
Bonnet Creek is now our go to place. Lot so of pools, hot tubs and a couple of lazy rivers plus it is VERY close to Disney. We rent a 2 bedroom so we get our own space and the kids each get their own bed. Plus if you are going to be there for a long time it has laundry facilities in your suite to make that easier (last time we went we stayed 16 days).

We are going back in November for 6 days and staying there again. I think they have a shuttle service to Disney but we have rented a car each time we went so I can't describe what it is like.

Staying in Kissimmee would likely be a little less expensive but we found we lost a lot of time travelling.

Just my 2 cents. Feel free to direct message me if you want any extra info.