Expired Hot Deals

[Disney] Canadians Save 25% on Walt Disney World Park Tickets - Deal Extended to May 20th, 2017

• Last Updated:
  • May 28th, 2017 12:47 pm
Jan 16, 2007
622 posts
103 upvotes
Toronto
anotherbargainhunter wrote:
May 3rd, 2017 2:01 pm
where can I get the cheapest option for airfare from Toronto to Walt Disney? Which airport in Orlando is the closest and has free shuttle?
Not sure of the cheapest flights. There's only MCO that I know of. As for free shuttle, there's Disney's Magical Express for free Disney onsite shuttle. Is there any other free shuttle to other hotels to and from MCO?
Apr 22, 2014
771 posts
179 upvotes
, ON
Ok. I think we are going to go to the one in California despite they don't have promotion any longer since the one in California has more modern characters such as Cars, and etc. Since there are no promotion for Canadian, are 2 days enough to explore Disneyland Park & Disneyland Adventure park in California? It will be 2 adults and a six years old son.

Also, is LAX airport the best airport to arrive in? I am planning to rent a car as well.
Aug 22, 2001
680 posts
217 upvotes
Vancouver
anotherbargainhunter wrote:
May 11th, 2017 2:13 pm
Ok. I think we are going to go to the one in California despite they don't have promotion any longer since the one in California has more modern characters such as Cars, and etc. Since there are no promotion for Canadian, are 2 days enough to explore Disneyland Park & Disneyland Adventure park in California? It will be 2 adults and a six years old son.

Also, is LAX airport the best airport to arrive in? I am planning to rent a car as well.
It would be difficult to experience the majority of the attractions in both parks with only two days. You would need to be there before opening and leave at closing time and go on a quiet day (weekdays during non-school holidays). That's pretty difficult with a Kindergartener. I would recommend at least three days unless you don't mind only seeing a few attractions.

Depending on your specific criteria, LAX is not actually the best airport for Disneyland. John Wayne aka Santa Ana aka SNA is the closest airport to Disneyland. It is a much smaller airport. Car rental there involves walking across the street as opposed to getting on a shuttle that goes through a construction mess to a rental car office in a not-so-nice industrial neighbourhood which is what you'll find at LAX. Security lines are usually minimal to non-existent, depending on when you travel. However, flights to SNA are more limited (especially from Canada) and tend to cost more than flying through LAX.

Hope the information helps. Happy travels!
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
2346 posts
384 upvotes
Vancouver
AEmgee wrote:
May 11th, 2017 5:15 pm
It would be difficult to experience the majority of the attractions in both parks with only two days. You would need to be there before opening and leave at closing time and go on a quiet day (weekdays during non-school holidays). That's pretty difficult with a Kindergartener. I would recommend at least three days unless you don't mind only seeing a few attractions.

Depending on your specific criteria, LAX is not actually the best airport for Disneyland. John Wayne aka Santa Ana aka SNA is the closest airport to Disneyland. It is a much smaller airport. Car rental there involves walking across the street as opposed to getting on a shuttle that goes through a construction mess to a rental car office in a not-so-nice industrial neighbourhood which is what you'll find at LAX. Security lines are usually minimal to non-existent, depending on when you travel. However, flights to SNA are more limited (especially from Canada) and tend to cost more than flying through LAX.

Hope the information helps. Happy travels!
Could not have summarized it better, though I would add that, if you're only doing 2-3 days, you should get a park hopper. I think California closes a little earlier than Disneyland, so you can get a bit more time there each day and spend more time at what you like.
Feb 16, 2005
746 posts
262 upvotes
Is this deal dead? Link does not work.
Hey you! Stop! This is the TIV POLICE get down on your hands and knees and let go of that stack of Fallout New Vegas NOW!
Jan 3, 2017
38 posts
14 upvotes
I called the number to Disney directly for booking online and they said the promotion ended. Still seeing if AMA offers any discounts, the link on their site takes you to standard priced disney tickets so I might have to go to a center to check.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
6703 posts
491 upvotes
Waterloo
U could take amtrak to Disney family of 4 is 500 from Niagara Falls new York we haven't purchased yet
Nov 3, 2014
6 posts
3 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
When you suggest that; you may want to qualify that the trip is approx. 31 hours and the price doesn't include a sleeping berth. I don't think a family of four is going to spend 30+hrs on a train in a train seat...
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
2787 posts
245 upvotes
IceFishingLad wrote:
May 12th, 2017 8:44 am
When you suggest that; you may want to qualify that the trip is approx. 31 hours and the price doesn't include a sleeping berth. I don't think a family of four is going to spend 30+hrs on a train in a train seat...
good lord, pray your souls if you have any young children.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2010
1291 posts
186 upvotes
How does FastPass+ work?
I don't quite understand it.
What's the point of it if it's available to everyone...?
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2007
2068 posts
587 upvotes
London
reyoasian wrote:
May 12th, 2017 10:11 am
How does FastPass+ work?
It gives everyone an opportunity to skip lines a few times a day. Disney has allotted amounts per hour so you get a window of opportunity to use your fast pass for a given ride.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
1192 posts
279 upvotes
Markham
reyoasian wrote:
May 12th, 2017 10:11 am
How does FastPass+ work?
It's as tickyboy described but to go a little further:

If you stay at a Disney resort, you can book up to 60 days in advance. I believe people who just buy tickets ahead of time can book at the earliest 30-days if not staying at Disney. Anyone who buys a ticket at the gate obviously only gets that one day.

So, if I stay at a resort, I have an advantage where I can secure a spot earlier than somebody who doesn't stay at Disney or who buys a ticket same-day. While there is more than 1 spot per time slot available, it is limited. I will assume it depends on the ride, but let's say the new Avatar Flight of Passage ride only has 50 Fastpass+ slots at 10AM. If there are 50 Disney resort guests book it 60-days in advance, that puts you at a disadvantage. Now, the reality is there are more than 50 slots but again it depends on the ride. Looking at My Disney Experience now, when I check spots for Avatar Flight of Passage on June 5th, there looks to be no more Fastpass+ slots. Anyone who wants to go that day will have to wait in the usual line.

Another thing about Fastpass+ slots, they are tiered at some parks. So at Animal Kingdom for example, you can only Fastpass+ either one of the Avatar rides (in your first 3), but not both. So I can't book the banshee ride and the Navi river one after the other. I forget if you can do that AFTER you burn up your 3 Fastpass+. Maybe somebody can answer that. One thing I do know is you get 3 Fastpasses to start. Once you burn them up, you can Fastpass+ one ride at a time, effectively making this unlimited. There are tricks which you can Google as explaining them here would make this an essay, but in short, you can sign up for timeshare tours to get more Fastpasses and there used to be other loopholes which goes beyond the scope of this explanation (but before you think about gaming the system, I think these loopholes are closed).

That said, time for my mini-rant. I feel given how much the resorts cost, Disney really should give resort guests a few more Fastpasses. Yes, I realize there are some perks, like magic hours and access to the shuttlebus, but is it too much to ask resort guests get at least 6 Fastpasses (to start)? I'm fine with the 60-days, but 3 Fastpasses is really nothing considering how much it costs to stay at their resort. I believe Universal is unlimited to most rides, so I don't think at least 6 is too much.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2010
1291 posts
186 upvotes
HDawg wrote:
May 15th, 2017 4:06 pm
It's as tickyboy described but to go a little further:

If you stay at a Disney resort, you can book up to 60 days in advance. I believe people who just buy tickets ahead of time can book at the earliest 30-days if not staying at Disney. Anyone who buys a ticket at the gate obviously only gets that one day.

So, if I stay at a resort, I have an advantage where I can secure a spot earlier than somebody who doesn't stay at Disney or who buys a ticket same-day. While there is more than 1 spot per time slot available, it is limited. I will assume it depends on the ride, but let's say the new Avatar Flight of Passage ride only has 50 Fastpass+ slots at 10AM. If there are 50 Disney resort guests book it 60-days in advance, that puts you at a disadvantage. Now, the reality is there are more than 50 slots but again it depends on the ride. Looking at My Disney Experience now, when I check spots for Avatar Flight of Passage on June 5th, there looks to be no more Fastpass+ slots. Anyone who wants to go that day will have to wait in the usual line.

Another thing about Fastpass+ slots, they are tiered at some parks. So at Animal Kingdom for example, you can only Fastpass+ either one of the Avatar rides (in your first 3), but not both. So I can't book the banshee ride and the Navi river one after the other. I forget if you can do that AFTER you burn up your 3 Fastpass+. Maybe somebody can answer that. One thing I do know is you get 3 Fastpasses to start. Once you burn them up, you can Fastpass+ one ride at a time, effectively making this unlimited. There are tricks which you can Google as explaining them here would make this an essay, but in short, you can sign up for timeshare tours to get more Fastpasses and there used to be other loopholes which goes beyond the scope of this explanation (but before you think about gaming the system, I think these loopholes are closed).

That said, time for my mini-rant. I feel given how much the resorts cost, Disney really should give resort guests a few more Fastpasses. Yes, I realize there are some perks, like magic hours and access to the shuttlebus, but is it too much to ask resort guests get at least 6 Fastpasses (to start)? I'm fine with the 60-days, but 3 Fastpasses is really nothing considering how much it costs to stay at their resort. I believe Universal is unlimited to most rides, so I don't think at least 6 is too much.
Thank you, great explanation.
Do you know if purchasing this online "ticket" counts towards the 30-day FastPass+ thing, or do we still have to exchange in person for the actual ticket before being able to use FastPass+?
Aug 24, 2011
65 posts
20 upvotes
Southwest Ontario
reyoasian wrote:
May 16th, 2017 7:58 am
Thank you, great explanation.
Do you know if purchasing this online "ticket" counts towards the 30-day FastPass+ thing, or do we still have to exchange in person for the actual ticket before being able to use FastPass+?
Download and register with the "My Disney Experience" app. From there you should be able to link your online ticket purchase and make FastPasses for the number of days purchased once you reach the 30 day window.