Expired Hot Deals

[Disney] Canadians Save 25% on Walt Disney World Park Tickets - Deal Extended to May 20th, 2017

• Last Updated:
  • May 28th, 2017 12:47 pm
Feb 3, 2010
104 posts
22 upvotes
Charlottetown
countysat wrote:
May 17th, 2017 9:43 am
It can be done online as well if you have an account with "My Disney Experience" or the app.
I was able to combine the summertime room discount offer with the Canadian park discount offer for a stay the first week of June. You also have the option of adding paid dining programs at the same time. Free dining is excluded.
Good to know
Apologies I think our issue was that rooms weren't available in January for January 2018 so that's why we had to call
Feb 10, 2009
2 posts
Kitchener
cbrunett wrote:
Sep 17th, 2016 7:46 pm
Also should point out that the tickets don't expire. So buy the tickets today and use them 5 years later. Tickets are good until you enter a park and activate the tickets.

Once you enter the park, the tickets expire 14 days after that.

The two dates sometimes confuse people.
Are you referring to the date in this paragraph of the fine print? If so, how should people interpret this? It sounds like these tickets are only good for dates between May 21-July 14, 2017.

"Plus, when you book a select 4-day or longer Walt Disney Travel Company room and ticket package at a select Walt Disney World Resort hotel between May 21 through July 14, 2017, the package price will reflect specially discounted ticket prices for Canadian residents."

Thanks
Mar 20, 2012
10 posts
1 upvote
Is there a way to link Will Call tickets to your online account to use the 30 day in advance Fastpass? Or do you need to pay the $25 USD to have them mailed?
Sep 19, 2016
2 posts
Great deals! Just want to take my daughter to travel. Walt Disney World will be a good choice. Thanks op.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2003
3197 posts
953 upvotes
Edmonton
andrewonice wrote:
May 19th, 2017 3:50 am
Is there a way to link Will Call tickets to your online account to use the 30 day in advance Fastpass?
Yes, you can link your will call tickets to your online account through the My Disney Experience website.

After your tickets have been linked, you will be able to begin making your FP selections.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2008
3447 posts
449 upvotes
Windsor
So tomorrow is the last day for this deal? Are they likely to extend it again?
Dec 6, 2012
420 posts
209 upvotes
North
I think we're going to end up buying tickets, with the 35% off regular prices and inflation i guess it makes sense to buy them now even if we're not going to use them for 6 years
2013 - 7 Wins - $6850 - Trip to NC/Drove NASCAR
2014 - 4 Wins - $525
Feb 12, 2017
6 posts
I bit the bullet and bought 6 tickets for my family. This will be our first family vacation on this scale.

I'm going to buy the flight, accomodations and rental car using BMO travel points. The plan for now is to go Feb 10 -17, 2018. I'm wondering, is it best to buy those things now and secure them, or should I wait till later? Will the prices (in points) be higher as the date draws nearer?
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8507 posts
12864 upvotes
Scarborough
G77 wrote:
May 19th, 2017 10:40 am
So tomorrow is the last day for this deal? Are they likely to extend it again?
I haven't seen anything hinting towards them extending it but you never know. If you want this deal buy it ASAP.
Compgod wrote:
May 19th, 2017 11:30 am
I think we're going to end up buying tickets, with the 35% off regular prices and inflation i guess it makes sense to buy them now even if we're not going to use them for 6 years
The only way you'd lose out is if you never used them. I don't imagine them releasing a better ticket deal than this.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Mar 2, 2017
41 posts
8 upvotes
Hi All,

So I think I might actually jump on this deal after going through this thread. I was hoping some veteran disney goers can give me some advice. Here is my current plan:

-Family of 4, 6 day pass + hopper + water slides.
-Stay in one of the All-star Resorts

My questions are:

Food. What's the best thing to do? Is there a meal plan? A la carte? Does the resort give free breakfast?

Travel. If I'm staying inside Disney, I'm guessing Free shuttle is available? Would there be a reason to rent a car?

Best time to go? I'm guessing off season.

Fastpass? Worth it?

Ok, Sorry I'm bit hyped that we might actually be doing this. Thanks for the answers!

Cheers,
Jan 22, 2017
2 posts
I'm no expert on Disney travel, but here is some information that may be helpful to you. This is mainly advice for Disneyworld, but most of it should apply to Disneyland as well.

1) Food - There is a meal plan, but for the most part, it's cheaper to just eat à la carte; this allows for better flexibility. Keep in mind though, as a general rule of thumb, any sit-down restaurant at Disney that isn't a Quick Service restaurant (i.e. Fast Food-esque) will need a reservation. You can make these reservations up to 180 days in advance (which is a must for highly popular restaurants like Be Our Guest).

2) Travel - If you stay at a Disney Hotel, you get free bus service from the airport to the resort, as well as transportation to and from any of the parks. You may choose to rent a car if you decide to spend more time in the area to visit other locations, and should you stay at a Disney Resort, your parking is included (hotel and parks). Another alternative to renting a car to explore outside of Disney (e.g. Universal), there is also Uber, which makes for a cheap & easy mode of getting around.

3) Time - Best time to travel is definitely off-season for both crowds and cost. Instead of repeating information, here is a crowd calendar from WDW Prep School that shows a good estimate based on past years when the best time might be for your trip: Click Here

4) FastPass - There is no extra cost to this, so a definite YES. It is a must-do that will save you lots of time unless you enjoy waiting in lines. For Disneyworld, you can book up to 3 Fastpasses per day (per person) online. You can book up to 30 days in advance if you are NOT STAYING at a Disney hotel and 60 days (+ the length of your stay up to 10 days) if you ARE STAYING at a Disney Hotel.

5) "...we might actually be doing this." - Just go and visit the mouse!

Edit: Spelling
Jul 3, 2003
95 posts
4 upvotes
meateater5000 wrote:
May 19th, 2017 3:15 pm
Hi All,

So I think I might actually jump on this deal after going through this thread. I was hoping some veteran disney goers can give me some advice. Here is my current plan:

-Family of 4, 6 day pass + hopper + water slides.
-Stay in one of the All-star Resorts

My questions are:

Food. What's the best thing to do? Is there a meal plan? A la carte? Does the resort give free breakfast?

Travel. If I'm staying inside Disney, I'm guessing Free shuttle is available? Would there be a reason to rent a car?

Best time to go? I'm guessing off season.

Fastpass? Worth it?

Ok, Sorry I'm bit hyped that we might actually be doing this. Thanks for the answers!

Cheers,
Food: Do not go with Dining plan. Too expensive, you are pretty much paying in advance for too much food. Tons of restaurants to choose and fast food options (worth its own discussion). Do your research – Problem is that I find the restaurants are very inconsistent. What was great one time becomes mediocre 6 months later. Do diligent research that is recent and choose what suits you the best.
Some of my favourites (Buffet restaurants: Boma, Crystal Palace, Biergarten –--- Sit Downs: California Grill, Via Napoli (wicked pizza), Liberty Tree Tavern, Restaurants at the Polynesian Resort).

Travel: Higher end hotels tend to have the best shuttle service and are less crowded. Value hotel buses are much busier/packed. Once I took a taxi back because the lineup was so long to get on the bus. Personally I enjoy renting a car because parking is free if you are staying in DW and the convenience of being able to take a trip out the park is nice. Also you can drive over to Disney Springs and the water parks quickly.

Best Time to Go: Middle of November (after Halloween - before Thanksgiving). Crowds minimal weather is still really nice and the staff are really great.

Fast Passes: Definitely worth it for the rides that have ridiculous wait times (7 Dwarfs, Mine Ride, Toy Story Ride, Peter Pan Ride, Yeti Ride, Splash Mountain, Thunder Mountain, Soaring, Test Track, Frozen). Go in the morning first thing and you can get on most rides in the first hour.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4168 posts
485 upvotes
Toronto
Got a question guys....

So my daughter is 6 right now, and I am not sure what ticket I should buy as I don't know when I'll go. I decided to go with the Adult (10+) ticket for her in case I go in 4-5 years. Will they honor it if I end up going within the next 3 years (so she is still less than 10?)

I called their customer service, but hung up after waiting for over 20 minutes.
Board games!!!!
Dec 24, 2009
487 posts
124 upvotes
Quebec City
projectmoonlightcafe wrote:
May 19th, 2017 7:02 pm
Got a question guys....

So my daughter is 6 right now, and I am not sure what ticket I should buy as I don't know when I'll go. I decided to go with the Adult (10+) ticket for her in case I go in 4-5 years. Will they honor it if I end up going within the next 3 years (so she is still less than 10?)

I called their customer service, but hung up after waiting for over 20 minutes.
Use the chat button within their website, you'll get your answer faster.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4168 posts
485 upvotes
Toronto
MercadorHG wrote:
May 19th, 2017 7:42 pm
Use the chat button within their website, you'll get your answer faster.
Chat button doesn't work ---> all of our Cast Members are busy assisting.....
Board games!!!!