• Last Updated:
  • Sep 11th, 2018 1:07 pm
Dec 24, 2007
977 posts
953 upvotes
BC
tostaky wrote:
Sep 10th, 2018 8:20 pm
But since our vacantions are always at the worst time I eguss it means that my kid wont see Disney forever...at least with us ! We cant go at the end of august ,school start around august 23....
End of August may be the ideal time with respect to crowd sizes but don't let that deter you from going to Disney as you can still get some days in August where the park crowds will be lighter than usual for summer months. If you are spending 7 days at Disney World and need to be back by August 20, you still get days from Aug 13 to Aug 20 with lighter crowds. Here's the prediction for August 2019 from Undercover Tourist - a Disney authorized ticket reseller Crowd Calendar based on historical data.
Last edited by WetCoastGuy on Sep 10th, 2018 10:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
10082 posts
7396 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
tostaky wrote:
Sep 10th, 2018 10:41 am
Thanks to you for those answers.

Ive seen direct flight to Orlando for 335 by person....not so bad. We would have like to stay on the 500-600 $ range but I guess its not possible.

We are teachers, we can only go in Christmas, first week of march and in Summer.
tostaky wrote:
Sep 10th, 2018 8:20 pm
Ok, i'm not convince. We wont go to disneyland in christmas time. But since our vacantions are always at the worst time I eguss it means that my kid wont see Disney forever...at least with us ! We cant go at the end of august ,school start around august 23....

Thanks to everyone for the help, it's really appreciated.
Guessing with your school start date in August, that you guys are from Quebec.

As someone else said School Breaks (Winter - March - Spring - Easter... whatever they are called) are staggered. So it definitely is less crowded and better weather @ Disney than Christmas.

That’s what i’d do.

So don’t give up hope that your kids won’t ever get to experience Disney

And if you live in Montreal, and Quebec School Break is different from Ontario... look at flying out of Ontario or NY State. Spring Breaks send the price of airfare up locally due to demand... so switching locales can help in that regard.
Last edited by PointsHubby on Sep 11th, 2018 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Penalty Box
Apr 5, 2013
3948 posts
1259 upvotes
markham
PointsHubby wrote:
Sep 10th, 2018 9:46 pm

As someone else said School Breaks (Winter - March - Spring - Easter... whatever they are called) are staggered. So it definitely is less crowded and better weather @ Disney than Christmas.

That’s what i’d do.

And if you live in Montreal, and Quebec School Break is different from Ontario... look at flying out of Ontario or NY State. Spring Breaks Spend thebprice of airfare up locally due to demand... so switching locales can help in that regard.
another reasonable time is the week of US thanksgiving in Nov..a few of us have scored great deals on hotels that week in Orlando on golf trips...the whole week seems a little lighter than usual, so I assume the park is not as crowded too...we stayed in a 5 star hotel for $95 a night..regular $375 a night
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
10082 posts
7396 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
cardguy wrote:
Sep 10th, 2018 11:35 pm
another reasonable time is the week of US thanksgiving in Nov..a few of us have scored great deals on hotels that week in Orlando on golf trips...the whole week seems a little lighter than usual, so I assume the park is not as crowded too...we stayed in a 5 star hotel for $95 a night..regular $375 a night
US Thanksgiving Week + Disney = Busy Too

Orlando Crowd Calendar ... detailed info by date, park etc
Go about 3/4 of the way down the page to the aqua box on the right hand side labelled WHATS NEW to find the clickable link
(Sorry direct calendar link won’t copy here to RFD)

https://www.undercovertourist.com

Though I agree that Late November and Early December can be an awesome time to travel otherwise... as it marks the end of shoulder season, and prices don’t take a drastic spike until Christmas Week rolls around
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2013
4124 posts
2423 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote:
Sep 10th, 2018 9:46 pm

That’s what i’d do.

And if you live in Montreal, and Quebec School Break is different from Ontario... look at flying out of Ontario or NY State. Spring Breaks send the price of airfare up locally due to demand... so switching locales can help in that regard.
That's exactly what we have done back in 2008 and 2011. Had the chance to take profit of the free dining plan both times. Back in 2008 se paid less than $4500 for a family of 4 (2 kids 2 adults) including 10 days of park with park Hopper and water parks flights ans 13 nights stay at a value Disney hotel. Was most expensive on 2011. For both trips we had flights from Burlington VT.