None
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2008
4965 posts
714 upvotes
Maple
kyle0629 wrote:
Nov 21st, 2012 5:10 pm
I just received a quote from them and then went back to Disney's site and it was exactly the same
Me too. Wonder is these quotes include meals, Disney tickets, etc? I emailed them back with questions. They quoted about $2500 for 2 adults and 2 kids in Feb. How much did they quote you and for what days?
May 24, 2011
171 posts
14 upvotes
teoconca wrote:
Nov 21st, 2012 5:25 pm
Me too. Wonder is these quotes include meals. Disney tickets, etc? I emailed the back with questions. They quoted about $2500 for 2 adults and 2 kids in Feb. How much did they quote you and for what days?
For mid-December 2013 for 2 adults with 5 days of park passes and meals (Dining plan which is 1 up from quick service) and a 7 night stay in a moderate resort they quoted me at just under $3100.

I believe there was a part on the form where you filled in how many days of tickets you'd like and whether you wanted a meal plan.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2008
4965 posts
714 upvotes
Maple
kyle0629 wrote:
Nov 21st, 2012 5:37 pm
For mid-December 2013 for 2 adults with 5 days of park passes and meals (Dining plan which is 1 up from quick service) and a 7 night stay in a moderate resort they quoted me at just under $3100.

I believe there was a part on the form where you filled in how many days of tickets you'd like and whether you wanted a meal plan.
All you need to look for now is flight deal.
Sep 26, 2007
382 posts
27 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Why would they need the age of each member staying at the resort? Kinda odd to me that they ask for age of each member.
wongjt wrote:
Nov 21st, 2012 10:13 am
We have used Dreams Unlimited twice now to book DCL trips. No problems at all. Totally legit :)
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2008
4965 posts
714 upvotes
Maple
jmichou wrote:
Jan 14th, 2013 10:59 pm
Why would they need the age of each member staying at the resort? Kinda odd to me that they ask for age of each member.
It's standard for booking at Disney or AI resorts because they have age range. I think it's even standard for hotel too.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2008
4704 posts
161 upvotes
jmichou wrote:
Jan 14th, 2013 10:59 pm
It's not just Disney. Kids under a certain age stay free in their parents' room in many resorts and hotels - so 4 adults would be charged differently than 2 adults with a 8 year old and a 4 year old.

If you're concerned, you can always just list the adults as "25" so as to preserve privacy.
Feb 2, 2008
254 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone worked with a travel agency in the GTA? Would they be better than booking online?
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2008
4965 posts
714 upvotes
Maple
Going to Disney World in February, we will be staying in Disney resort (Pop Century). Does anyone have experience with that hotel? I am wondering if tips are required for that hotel and eating in the Disney restaurants. Thanks in advance.
Apr 18, 2008
822 posts
92 upvotes
teoconca wrote:
Jan 16th, 2013 11:35 am
Going to Disney World in February, we will be staying in Disney resort (Pop Century). Does anyone have experience with that hotel? I am wondering if tips are required for that hotel and eating in the Disney restaurants. Thanks in advance.
My family stayed at Pop Century last September with the "free Quick-service dining plan".
-- hotel is clean, basic and functional; has some nice decors but nothing fancy (e.g. has swimming pools but no water slides). It is the cheapest Value category; good for those who want to maximize their time at the parks and mainly just have a place to sleep at night (it is not bad at all, just no fancy stuff e.g. no sit-down restaurants)
-- no tips required for the hotel (you can always leave a few dollars for the maid that cleans your room but it is up-to-you)
-- no tips required for quick-service / fast-food type restaurants
-- I believe tips are expected/required for the sit-down restaurants (which I don't have experience with)

It was our first visit to WDW. I loved it and would like to go back again. We visited a few higher-end resorts (hotels) and they are very nice (and all different from each other), but too expensive ...
Amerifriend threads need to include instructions on how to acquire an amerifriend. :confused:
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2008
4965 posts
714 upvotes
Maple
ssiu wrote:
Jan 22nd, 2013 3:37 pm
My family stayed at Pop Century last September with the "free Quick-service dining plan".
-- hotel is clean, basic and functional; has some nice decors but nothing fancy (e.g. has swimming pools but no water slides). It is the cheapest Value category; good for those who want to maximize their time at the parks and mainly just have a place to sleep at night (it is not bad at all, just no fancy stuff e.g. no sit-down restaurants)
-- no tips required for the hotel (you can always leave a few dollars for the maid that cleans your room but it is up-to-you)
-- no tips required for quick-service / fast-food type restaurants
-- I believe tips are expected/required for the sit-down restaurants (which I don't have experience with)

It was our first visit to WDW. I loved it and would like to go back again. We visited a few higher-end resorts (hotels) and they are very nice (and all different from each other), but too expensive ...
Thanks for your comments. It's our first trip to WDW. We bought the 1 quick service and 1 dining meal plan. Did you go Universal Studio, outlet mall? Any advice on that? Thanks.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2008
4704 posts
161 upvotes
Being videogame fans, our family got a lot of fun out of DisneyQuest, which is included as part of some of the ticket packages. There is everything from classic retro arcade games to skeeball to the latest games to elaborate simulator rides.

We would spend our days at a park, go for our dining plan supper, then head over to DisneyQuest in the evenings.
× < >