Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Unlimited FTTN 25 Internet + TV + Home Phone $49 for 3 months then $125

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 18th, 2015 5:05 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
4440 posts
7634 upvotes
Toronto

Unlimited FTTN 25 Internet + TV + Home Phone $49 for 3 months then $125

Deal Link:
I was browsing through some of the options out there other than Rogers or Bell and came across this. Any personal experiences with Distributel?

It's $49 for 3 months on a 2yr term then $125.

Unlimited FTTN 25mbs download, 10mbs upload
Home Phone Complete
Zazeen TV Service

Reading through the terms and conditions modem is $99 purchase or $4.95/month rent. Set Top Box is $199 purchase or $9.95 rent.
15 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2012
5065 posts
586 upvotes
Mississauga
125/m on a 2yr contract sounds like a horrible deal
Favourite Games: NieR (PS3), Catherine (PS3), Persona 3 FES/Portable (PS2/PSP), Final Fantasy IX (PSX), Persona 4 Golden (PSV), Witcher 1,2,3 (PC), Skyward Sword (Wii), Pokemon Colosseum (GC), Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS), Majora's Mask (3DS), Bravely Default (3DS)
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2009
3841 posts
2260 upvotes
'Shwallywood
It sucks that you can't build a package. Already have distributel internet, just want the TV... may as well go with rogers at $125 a month
I don't fail, I succeed at finding what doesn't work
Dec 1, 2009
100 posts
14 upvotes
Stay away from Distributel ! I cancelled their service and returned the 100% working modem to them and their shipping department claimed that the modem was broken and charged me $100 + Tax
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
4798 posts
1796 upvotes
Isn't this acanac?
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
3039 posts
1529 upvotes
Markham
$49 for 3 months and then $125? Ok very clear, where is the hot deal?
May 9, 2012
867 posts
238 upvotes
Montreal
EEE2 wrote: Isn't this acanac?
No. Acana is a separate isp but they are all bell internet reseller.
Jun 6, 2008
346 posts
109 upvotes
Pretty sure Distributel and Acanac are owned by the same parent company (or may even be the same company).

They are a 3rd party re-seller of internet but not limited to Bell. They also re-sell Rogers, Videotron and maybe others for cable and of course Bell for DSL.

I am with Acanac for cable, but looking to switch after their recent price increases (still a decent deal).
Banned
Jun 21, 2015
100 posts
25 upvotes
Toronto, ON
also i think that is a pretty good deal just not the contract part.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 14, 2006
6553 posts
605 upvotes
Toronto
hanic wrote: Stay away from Distributel ! I cancelled their service and returned the 100% working modem to them and their shipping department claimed that the modem was broken and charged me $100 + Tax
The same thing happened to me.

Long story short.... we had disputed some charges because I cancelled service and it was never applied. They told me to return the modem for a refund on that charge. Then 6 months later I got a call from collections saying I owed money from the modem. I just called Distributel now and they said they received the modem but they can't refund me for the cost of the modem.... This doesn't make any sense at all. Why would they tell me to return the modem for a refund and then charge me for it after they received it. Terrible business practice and I would never recommend going with Distributel.
RFD + ME = POOR
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2006
4615 posts
1334 upvotes
I found that their customer service and call wait times were fantastic unless you were trying to call them. Then you'd be on hold for up to 60 minutes before talking to someone.

This was the same for new sales or customer support. I cancelled and moved to start and everything has been fantastic. Their wait times are super short.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 14, 2006
6553 posts
605 upvotes
Toronto
jamgyu wrote: The same thing happened to me.

Long story short.... we had disputed some charges because I cancelled service and it was never applied. They told me to return the modem for a refund on that charge. Then 6 months later I got a call from collections saying I owed money from the modem. I just called Distributel now and they said they received the modem but they can't refund me for the cost of the modem.... This doesn't make any sense at all. Why would they tell me to return the modem for a refund and then charge me for it after they received it. Terrible business practice and I would never recommend going with Distributel.

Just to follow up on this...

I emailed the "feedback" email for Distributel and posted a negative review on Canadianisp.ca, outlining my situation. Got a call from Linda at Distributel today... she left a message saying that they apologized for how customer service handled my case and they've removed my account from collections and cleared my account of all charges.

At least someone there has some integrity.

However it should never come to this. They need to revamp their customer service procedures to better handle disputes that have merit.
RFD + ME = POOR
Deal Fanatic
Jan 14, 2006
6553 posts
605 upvotes
Toronto
AlexJosh wrote: This is a troll post right?
No but yours is.

I'm just outlining that a "deal" isn't really a deal if a company doesn't treat their customers right. My case relates directly to this part of the deal:
Reading through the terms and conditions modem is $99 purchase or $4.95/month rent.
RFD + ME = POOR

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)