• Oct 20th, 2016 8:42 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
1335 posts
332 upvotes
Toronto
Sorry to bump a slightly old thread, but I was wondering what people do with their dirty water after doing a radiator flush? Do you just pour it down the toilet, or take it somewhere for disposal? I don't have any disposable containers big enough to hold 3 flushes worth of water...
Jul 7, 2010
805 posts
109 upvotes
burbs
blueangel2323 wrote: Sorry to bump a slightly old thread, but I was wondering what people do with their dirty water after doing a radiator flush? Do you just pour it down the toilet, or take it somewhere for disposal? I don't have any disposable containers big enough to hold 3 flushes worth of water...
i take stuff like that (oil, trans fluid, ps fluid, coolant, etc) to the regional hazardous waste disposal centre to drop off free of charge. don't flush it down the toilet.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2002
4235 posts
880 upvotes
Ottawa
blueangel2323 wrote: Sorry to bump a slightly old thread, but I was wondering what people do with their dirty water after doing a radiator flush? Do you just pour it down the toilet, or take it somewhere for disposal? I don't have any disposable containers big enough to hold 3 flushes worth of water...
Save empty jugs of washer fluid for easy transporting to a waste disposal site. Use as many as required. A 5 Gallon bucket works for collecting the entire flush, then you can siphon it into smaller jugs.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2007
6706 posts
2352 upvotes
I haven't done too much myself but enough that I'm saving some money:

- change engine/cabin air filter
- change wiper blades
- swap seasonal tires
- clean corrosion from battery nodes
- wiper fluid (lol)
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2005
2781 posts
4017 upvotes
Toronto
I've work on all vehicles me and my family members own. Matrix, Wrx, X5, E350, CRV, Ducati 848
I've done the following but not to all vehicles...(yet...)
Oil change, coolant change, brake fluid change, brake pads, brake disc, tire changes, gear / diff oil change, fuel pump replacement, air/cabin filter, HID install, Hitch install, fix leaky light housing.............. Some things I do let the dealer do like belts on the ducati and spark plugs on the wrx... if you know subarus, you know why I went to the dealer to replace spark plugs lol...
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2008
8428 posts
4673 upvotes
Durham
Car maintenance is simple.

You can basically do your own:
- car washes & detailing
- engine oil & filter change
- air filter change
- cabin air filter change
- wiper change
- tire rotations
- summer/winter tire swaps
- change spark plug
- change PCV Valve
- Oxygen Sensor change
- inflate tires
- top up of fluids (Brake / Coolant / Windshield Washer / Transmission)

What you need:

SPACE: single garage does not give you enough room. You need at least a 1-1/2 garage.
LIGHTING: either line your walls with LEDs or install fluorescent tube lighting on both sides of the walls ... and also have a work light that is portable

I have the follow TOOLS:
- Sears Craftsman Socket/Wrench Set ... 1/4" 3/8" & 1/2" drives ... 12 point sockets with Spark Plug socket
- Mastercraft Maximum Impact Socket & Tool Set ... 3/8" & 1/2" drives
- Oxygen (O2) Sensor Socket
- Oil Filter Wrench (maybe a few as different ones work with different cars)
- Mastercraft Maximum 1/2" Drive Torque Wrench
- Mastercraft Maximum 3/8" Drive Torque Wrench
- Mastercraft 7.5Amp 1/2" Drive Corded Impact Wrench
- Husky 2-1/2 Ton Quick Lift Low Profile Jack
- a pair of 2-Ton Jack Stands
- 2 Wheel Chock SET (or a couple of bricks or 4x4 blocks of wood) to be placed behind the rear wheels before you jack up the car
- Mastercraft 3G Air Compressor
- Air Ratchet / Impact Wrench 1/2" drive / Tire Inflator / at least 50' air hose
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)