• Last Updated:
  • Mar 19th, 2012 8:22 pm
Tags:
None
Aug 22, 2009
158 posts
63 upvotes

Do This iPad Dead Pixel Test on your new Ipad as soon as it arrives

Saw this in other apple forum, I found it very useful, sharing it here.

You can perform this iPad dead pixel test on your new iPad to be sure that you don't have any dead pixels.
It's a simple test where you save full blocks of an individual color on your iPad in full screen mode.
Do this within 14 days of your purchase so that you can still get an exchange if your ipad has dead or stuck pixels. :)

Click here for the complete test and instructions.
6 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2005
1360 posts
761 upvotes
:O Is this common? I have one on the way. Has anyone here found any dead pixels or dust on their screen of the new ipad?
Nov 2, 2006
876 posts
28 upvotes
zzqy78 wrote: Great, thanks for sharing the new image. The old one may need to be zoomed in to be full screen.

does zooming in have the same effect as the higher rez images?
CantMissADeal wrote: :O Is this common? I have one on the way. Has anyone here found any dead pixels or dust on their screen of the new ipad?
mine seems okay but i'll try with the higher rez images when i get home. no dust that i can see.
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
22706 posts
3697 upvotes
number84 wrote: does zooming in have the same effect as the higher rez images?

mine seems okay but i'll try with the higher rez images when i get home. no dust that i can see.

Zooming only fills the screen, the resolution of the blank colour image is not important.
Aug 22, 2009
158 posts
63 upvotes
CantMissADeal wrote: :O Is this common? I have one on the way. Has anyone here found any dead pixels or dust on their screen of the new ipad?

Not sure if it's common, from the thread in the other apple forum, there are a few users reporting deal pixel issue but most users reported perfect screen.
I only read two pages in that thread and saw 3 users out of 50 reported problem of the screen.

3 out of 50, easy math. :)