Off Topic Archive

Locked: Do looks matter to girls when trying to date/get a date?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 15th, 2008 1:07 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 25, 2004
5791 posts
49 upvotes

Do looks matter to girls when trying to date/get a date?

so my question is...do you think looks matter to girls when trying to get a date/dating? (Guys going after girls).

How i see it is that it plays a more important role in the beginning; when trying to get someone to like you. Then after that, it starts fading and lean towards personality.
Share:
69 replies
Jun 9, 2008
161 posts
8 upvotes
Depends on the girl. Some need good looking. Some will look past it if you have a great personality. Every girl wants both.
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2008
9421 posts
450 upvotes
yes...for those that say it doesn't are lying. There has to be some sort of physical attraction (unless you're visually impaired obviously). Looks get you there and personality keeps you there.
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2005
3789 posts
43 upvotes
South Orange
rems wrote:
Jun 13th, 2008 12:00 pm
yes...for those that say it doesn't are lying. There has to be some sort of physical attraction (unless you're visually impaired obviously). Looks get you there and personality keeps you there.
+1 This pretty much hits it on the nail
6044 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
EVERYBPDY wants a handsome/pretty boyfriend/girlfriend. The question remains, IF you are NOT that good-looking, what should you do?

For guys, try avoid
a) really pretty girls (unless you're approached in the first place), and
b) those not so pretty girls who STILL dream of really handsome boys.

Follow this, and you'll save a lot of time.
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2007
1362 posts
6 upvotes
toronto
looks first, then personality.
fortunately for some less goodlooking guys, some girls find it attractive if the guy has a nice personality.
sometimes a guy does not have to really be goodlooking. but if he can make the girls laugh and feel comfortable, he's IN.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2006
1890 posts
144 upvotes
Don't get caught in the friend zone and don't have them say "you're a really nice guy, but..."
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
3751 posts
10 upvotes
joeym wrote:
Jun 13th, 2008 12:36 pm
looks first, then personality.
fortunately for some less goodlooking guys, some girls find it attractive if the guy has a nice personality.
sometimes a guy does not have to really be goodlooking. but if he can make the girls laugh and feel comfortable, he's IN.
joeym quick question... Why are ALL your post in BOLD?
Paolo wrote:Why are they called the Olsen twins if they both have different last names? Mary Kate, and Ashley Olsen. Why are they not called the Kate Twins? or the Kate-Olsen twins? It's also fascinating how 2 kids from different parents looked identical and both played the role of baby michelle on full house and now 20 some years later, they still look identical.
THREE STARS AND A SUN
Nov 29, 2006
560 posts
Markham
Money first
Then the rest
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2001
15121 posts
1828 upvotes
Oshawa
Looks------/\------Money
Whenever someone asks a question that starts with "Why do they..." or "Why don't they...", the answer is always a) money, b) stupidity, or c) both.
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2007
1362 posts
6 upvotes
toronto
burnt_toast wrote:
Jun 13th, 2008 12:46 pm
joeym quick question... Why are ALL your post in BOLD?
since you mentioned it, i really dont know.
i guess i got used to it.
do you want me to tone it down for you?
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2004
3304 posts
165 upvotes
make it rain on her, BALLLLLIN
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
24255 posts
1512 upvotes
Markham, ON
generalization thread lol

my belief is that looks do matter to ALL girls ...however each girl has a different outlook on physical attraction.

the only other variable is money...sometimes looks can be overlooked by money ;)

(only applies to the scenario for dating...prostitution doesnt count ;) , and marriage or long term dating is not part of this generalization)