Site Comments & Suggestions

Locked: Do Mods have to delete an entire post of mine because of one "bad" word?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 8th, 2018 9:51 am
Jan 3, 2018
321 posts

Do Mods have to delete an entire post of mine because of one "bad" word?

As the other thread is locked. Just wondering if the mods can lighten on the moderation load a bit. A post of mine was deleted because of one "unwelcome" word. And claims that I was trolling (I feel) were very inappropriate - I was responding directly to a post.

No response required as I doubt anything will come of it. Just wanted to make a request.

5 replies
Sep 27, 2003
8708 posts
Have you tried to PM the mod for an explanation on their reasoning? How about TomRFD?

I don't think having one post deleted warrants the creation of a thread asking the moderation team to lighten how they moderate. My recommendation to you would be to simply try to move on from this...but if you need some resolution, than please, do PM the mod or TomRFD.
RFD Forums Moderator
Corporate Account Manager for a Bell Mobility Reseller
Deal Addict
May 17, 2005
3942 posts
MTommy wrote:
Mar 8th, 2018 7:27 am
Feels and looks like spring(days) is here.
yep it does Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
but just maybe it would be a good idea to keep one thread like the ... g-2173566/
open so people can "communicate" ...
Aug 20, 2009
6259 posts
Judging by the number of issues you seem to be having, I don't think it's out of line to suggest you take some time to review the rules and guidelines. You are a new user after all and if you want the team to engage in a little introspection, perhaps you should do the same.

If after doing so you still aren't happy, I would PM the mod in question politely and ask. If you're still unhappy then you can always PM TomRFD. This shouldn't be a constant problem though.
Attack the idea, not the poster.
Jun 17, 2013
8838 posts
It's very rare that we'll delete an entire post just for 1 or even more inappropriate words assuming the content of the post otherwise is fine. In this particular case, and as you already mentioned, it was judged to be trolling (which was actually the primary reason for the delete if you review the PM notification you received). If you're unsure why it was considered trolling you can message the moderator who deleted the post or myself.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].