None
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
24847 posts
1232 upvotes
Richmond Hill

Do new washer usually come with hose?

I'm getting the Whirlpool 4.0 Cu. Ft. Front-Load Washer with 6.7 Cu. Ft. Dryer, wondering if it comes with hose, because FS sell the hose kit for $40 and it's sold out. I have hoses (hot and cold water) for my old washer, not sure if all washer hoses are the same, would that work too?
4930k/32gb/256gb ssd/8tb hdd/win10pro/msi 290
list of ongoing trades BST
9 replies
May 20, 2010
762 posts
68 upvotes
divx wrote:
Jan 5th, 2011 5:55 pm
I'm getting the Whirlpool 4.0 Cu. Ft. Front-Load Washer with 6.7 Cu. Ft. Dryer, wondering if it comes with hose, because FS sell the hose kit for $40 and it's sold out. I have hoses (hot and cold water) for my old washer, not sure if all washer hoses are the same, would that work too?

My frigedaires did. If not I'd imagine they should probably work.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2003
1883 posts
79 upvotes
North York
They ought to, but if they don't buy new ones, don't reuse the old ones.

Why?
The rubber degrades over time (you'll notice that they will be more difficult to flex then brand new ones), and they are under pressure all of the time. If one of them bursts while you are not at home it will cause a lot of damage, especially if you have a main/second floor laundry.

Any of the big boxes; rona, home hardware, home depot, lowes will have replacement supply hoses, I'd be surprised if they were $40, i'd expect less.
Be careful shopping at Shoppers Drug Mart they repeatedly sell expired baby/food/health products.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2002
5745 posts
539 upvotes
My Sears washer came with hoses when I bought it last summer. I believe the hoses are fairly universal. If you had to you should be able to temporarily use the old hoses if they are in good condition. I always turn off the taps when I put the clothes into the dryer. If a hose does burst the damage would be limited to the small amount of water in the hose.
Dec 11, 2007
458 posts
48 upvotes
Calgary
LG washer did come with their own hoses. I bought stainless steel braided ones from HD for $20 and used those instead. Never had any problem with rubber hoses, but I'd rather not take any chances with new house and new washer. Just an extra piece of mind.
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2008
4533 posts
723 upvotes
Whitby
Future Shop is not the place to buy accesories needed to hook anything up :) Same hose you saw for $40 is $15 at HD or Lowe's, printer cable can be 3-4 times what other stores charge, same for HDMI cables they push when you buy a tv at Future Shop
Jun 13, 2010
949 posts
48 upvotes
My Whirlpool washer came with the hoses, but it is not that model.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2007
5276 posts
898 upvotes
???
Yes they come with hoses, but sometimes they might be a little to short.
My basic strategies in fighting common traffic tickets: [shortened link removed]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 8, 2002
9936 posts
1826 upvotes
Oakville
I think they should come with the new washer, mine did.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
× < >