Do not buy from ********

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 23rd, 2016 4:02 am
Tags:
Mar 8, 2016
9 posts
3 upvotes

Do not buy from ********

So. I ordered Chiptrip MXV S805 Mini Multimedia Player TV Box Android 4.4 Amlgic S805 Quad Core HD Graphics Support 1080P / Remote Control / Multi Mode - US PLUG BLACK From ********. I got the 2 units. the first box worked. But the second right out of the box was defective. I've tried to deal with ******** and the they are a painful company to deal with. To ship it back to china is $26.35 thru Canada post. There is many better sellers to buy from.
No serial on item shows it's a factory second. The box that worked has died as well.
26 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2009
2182 posts
209 upvotes
Roytoy1971 wrote: So. I ordered Chiptrip MXV S805 Mini Multimedia Player TV Box Android 4.4 Amlgic S805 Quad Core HD Graphics Support 1080P / Remote Control / Multi Mode - US PLUG BLACK From ********. I got the 2 units. the first box worked. But the second right out of the box was defective. I've tried to deal with ******** and the they are a painful company to deal with. To ship it back to china is $26.35 thru Canada post. There is many better sellers to buy from.
No serial on item shows it's a factory second. The box that worked has died as well.
Just get a chargeback or if you paid using paypal just get them to refund you
Brand NEW FUJIFILM F900EXR FOR SALE ASKING $225
Mar 8, 2016
9 posts
3 upvotes
Asked them to refund they want me to sent it back. As I said, it's 26.35 to ship it back back.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2008
1998 posts
414 upvotes
Ottawa
1st order had a defective USB cable -> they sent me a new USB cable.
2nd order never arrived -> they sent me a replacement free of charge.

Ultimately all worked out but definitely painful. You get what you pay for! Although my experience with other discounted stores is definitely more positive.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29710 posts
29130 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Roytoy1971 wrote: So. I ordered Chiptrip MXV S805 Mini Multimedia Player TV Box...
Save yourself a lot of grief and get the box a lot faster by buying from amazon.ca from a "Fulfilled by Amazon" seller, e.g. GooBang Doo MXV MX5 TV Box KODI Android TV Streaming Media Player for CA$65.

Often with these Chinese seller but fulfilled by amazon items the price you see even includes HST. But that's YMMV. And of course if the item is DOA amazon pays for return postage.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2009
2182 posts
209 upvotes
Roytoy1971 wrote: Asked them to refund they want me to sent it back. As I said, it's 26.35 to ship it back back.
Charge back with your credit card company
Brand NEW FUJIFILM F900EXR FOR SALE ASKING $225
Mar 8, 2016
9 posts
3 upvotes
Paypal. And because they have ask for me to send it back, I'm stuck with no refund. I just will not buy anything from ******** after this mess.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2002
7845 posts
9205 upvotes
Vancouver
nagasadow wrote: Charge back with your credit card company
Card company will ask customer to ship it back as well.
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15620 posts
13284 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Save grief, buy locally.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
8554 posts
5570 upvotes
Trudostan
A quick google shows you plenty of reason to avoid them, my only experience with them has been through budgetlightforum where they are also not recommended due to multiple customer service issues and such. Here's a good summary:

"Multiple reports of offering bribes for positive reviews
Negative product reviews often not published
On at least one occasion ******** customer service told a user to delete a negative comment in order to receive a refund.
Extremely slow refunds
Extremely slow turnaround times to fulfill orders
Frequently incorrect stock status of items, often sells unavailable items and accepts payment without notifying customer
Frequent issues with orders
Extremely poor customer service"

Source: http://budgetlightforum.com/node/30597
SAMSUNG SUCKS! NO SSD WARRANTY IN CANADA > https://forums.redflagdeals.com/has-any ... d-2098075/
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9757 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
Ordered some Chinese knives from them, they came within 3-4 weeks, which is pretty good for China -> Canada. No issues with the order but did not need any special customer services. They had cheaper prices on the knives vs Fasttech and Exduct so I gave them a try. Would repeat.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2001
2497 posts
388 upvotes
Ajax
Roytoy1971 wrote: So. I ordered Chiptrip MXV S805 Mini Multimedia Player TV Box Android 4.4 Amlgic S805 Quad Core HD Graphics Support 1080P / Remote Control / Multi Mode - US PLUG BLACK From ********. I got the 2 units. the first box worked. But the second right out of the box was defective. I've tried to deal with ******** and the they are a painful company to deal with. To ship it back to china is $26.35 thru Canada post. There is many better sellers to buy from.
Do the units still have any lights showing on the units or are they completely dead?
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2007
1698 posts
999 upvotes
I would expect this from any website shipping from china. Its not unreasonable for them to ask for the product back. The shipping part kills everything though.
- Insert Something here so you will be able to recognize me.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19712 posts
13576 upvotes
Ottawa
M1K3Z0R wrote: A quick google shows you plenty of reason to avoid them, my only experience with them has been through budgetlightforum where they are also not recommended due to multiple customer service issues and such. Here's a good summary:
and yet they would offer a big group buy for their BLF-348 light
Mar 8, 2016
9 posts
3 upvotes
The box had no lights but the power supply did show proper voltage with the voltmeter. The shipping it back was going to be $26.25. Given I paid 33, that sucks.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2007
6370 posts
6731 upvotes
Center of Canada
I am in the same boat, Buy the MXIII-G, and an Air-mouse.
it took 10 weeks to arrive, and Both item arrive DOA.
I opened a case and still waiting.

Will not buy from them again, they just send me junk
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18999 upvotes
So wait..you buy off-branded Chinese junk from an etailer that deals in lots of junk like that. Then complain that junk seller is...junky? Hmm makes sense :|

Not to mention there's tons of bad reviews on this place, many of which call it GearWorst.

LOL, this whole situation makes me laugh. I mean I've bought a few things of Alibaba or whatever but at least that's more of a marketplace and not a single site that has countless reviews saying "don't buy from here". Plus I considered the risk that what I was buying might be DOA or just crap. Luckily none of it was but I wasn't spending money I was going to be that concerned about if it was.

If you want good service buy brand-name goods from somewhere like Best Buy or [1st party] Amazon. Otherwise this is laughable. I mean really products branded "Chiptrip" and "GooBang Doo"? GooBang Doo? And you want quality? LMAO :lol: Similarly funny are the retailer names...********, Banggood, Dealsmachine...the list goes on.

I mean c'mon, if buying off-branded junk products from China, you should probably expect junk service from those that sold it to you just the same. The fact that you'd have to suck up nearly as much in shipping to send the item back as it cost, is your own too bad for buying questionable products from so far away, from questionable sellers.
Nov 25, 2013
392 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I just received an email from them indicating an item (quadcopter) I ordered from them and was on its way to me, was returned to them. They've asked me to re order it, using DHL shipping this time. Anyone know if that means I'll end up paying taxes on it (value is $380) and/or brokerage fees??
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2015
1838 posts
1581 upvotes
Mont-Royal, QC
Roytoy1971 wrote: Asked them to refund they want me to sent it back. As I said, it's 26.35 to ship it back back.
OP just call their customer service, ask for the shipping fee for ship it back, or ask them some credit for you.
This is really bad shopping experience.
Mar 8, 2016
9 posts
3 upvotes
Well. Guess we all learn about the buyer beware argument. If me posting keeps someone else from making the same mistake with ********, then it's a good thing. I can take some busting on me about making a mistake.