None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2006
9619 posts
888 upvotes
Vancouver

Do people still buy used cars? Looking to maybe sell my 2010 Versa HB

What are the demands for people buying used cars now a days? With all the incentives and cheap borrowing is there still a demand for a good used car? e.g 2010 Nissan Versa HB with under 15,000km

I tried using the VMR Canada guide to gauge an asking price. But I don't think its too accurate.

Thanks
8 replies
Deal Expert
May 8, 2005
31842 posts
1326 upvotes
trellaine201 wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2012 7:23 pm
What are the demands for people buying used cars now a days? With all the incentives and cheap borrowing is there still a demand for a good used car? e.g 2010 Nissan Versa HB with under 15,000km

I tried using the VMR Canada guide to gauge an asking price. But I don't think its too accurate.

Thanks
If the price is right.....absolutely ! :D
" The placebo effect is the most powerful supplement of all "
" The pain of discipline weighs ounces, the pain of neglect weighs tons "
" The best training in the world can't overcome a lousy diet "
TRAIN HARD !!!!
Deal Addict
May 12, 2012
2252 posts
223 upvotes
Toronto
Don't be surprised if the resale value is in the low 10Ks or even sub-10K, depending on your trim level. If you are driving the base model, it is possible it may fall under 10K when you trade it in.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2006
9619 posts
888 upvotes
Vancouver
poedua wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2012 7:25 pm
If the price is right.....absolutely ! :D
True eh. Everything is for sale at the right price :)
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2006
9619 posts
888 upvotes
Vancouver
garyhudson wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2012 7:31 pm
Don't be surprised if the resale value is in the low 10Ks or even sub-10K, depending on your trim level. If you are driving the base model, it is possible it may fall under 10K when you trade it in.
I would never trade it in to a dealer. Utter embarrassment on the prices they come up with. Been there. A total insult.
Oct 15, 2011
81 posts
12 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Nissans always seem to have very low resale values for some reason. I wouldn't be surprised if you arent able to sell it for over 15k in todays market.
Aug 29, 2010
283 posts
20 upvotes
Your best option is to put up an informative ad and expect the worst but hold out for the best. . Kijiji is good but expect low ballers and super suspicious responses. It takes persistence but can be done.

PM if you want to chat about my experiences trying to sell my 2010. I ended up keeping it because we found it was too good to give up. But given the responses I was getting I could have sold it no problem.

Why did you want to sell anyway? Those Versas are pretty good cars btw.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2006
9619 posts
888 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks. Gives me a ball park figure.