Fashion & Apparel

Do u regret not buying a particular piece of clothing?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 8th, 2017 2:28 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
11024 posts
1523 upvotes
City of Vancouver

There is this one dress that I keep thinking about -- the dress that got away. It was the epitome of my personal style! It was my size! I looked freakin' awesome in it! It was on deep, deep discount! However, it still cost over $1000 and some beading was unravelling. I had a day or two to think about it, and then it would be cleared out of the store to the clearance centre far away. I passed it up, thinking it was too decadent to spend that much on a dress. I didn't want to regret spending that kind of money. This was a few yrs ago. Now prices have gone up insanely high. It's very hard to find stuff in my style. If I had the opportunity to go back in time, I'd still be indecisive about buying it now (due to price), but would be more swayed to get it because prices are so out of reach now. I wish I had an expert second opinion friend like Stacy London.
18 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15751 posts
4460 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Probably regret not copping some geobaskets on a deep discount. I don’t have many regrets due to buy now think later.
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
2315 posts
149 upvotes
I usually go into buying clothing thoughtfully so my shopping experience tends to be more frugal.

"Do I regret not buying a particular piece of clothing?" Um, can't say that I do.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
16980 posts
1860 upvotes
GTA West
I was in Kensington Market at Model Citizen, and they had a nice selection of Baffi Collection wooden pocket squares. Sweet stuff but I passed on it for some reason. But I should have known it was a singular chance to procure something really unique, that would make a singular, unmistakable statement. Those are usually sold out these days and impossible to get. I should have YOLO'd. Such regrets.
- Not Collecting AIR MILES Since 2016/07 -
- Casual Gastronomist -
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2013
1447 posts
472 upvotes
Ottawa
Not a piece of clothing but a jewelry accessory. The Seiko Orange Monster.
"Doing my part to encourage civil discourse by not downvoting."
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2007
2873 posts
218 upvotes
Toronto
nasa25 wrote:
Jul 4th, 2017 8:34 pm
Probably regret not copping some geobaskets on a deep discount. I don’t have many regrets due to buy now think later.

From Grail?

Think the only thing I regret is not grabbing more pieces from the Nigel cabourn sample sale super denim had about 2 years ago. Most of everything there was my size and prices were more then fair.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15751 posts
4460 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Irbe wrote:
Jul 5th, 2017 8:06 am
From Grail?

Think the only thing I regret is not grabbing more pieces from the Nigel cabourn sample sale super denim had about 2 years ago. Most of everything there was my size and prices were more then fair.
Yeah someone was selling a pair for well under market value. They were gone about 10 minute after he posted them.
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
3832 posts
482 upvotes
Toronto
just found out A&F stopped producing muscle fit tees. I regret not buying more.
BST meeting place:
Monday-Fri (9am-5pm): Queen Station or Eaton Centre
Monday-Thurs (after 5:30pm): Sheppard & Yonge
Saturday and Sunday: n/a
Mar 9, 2014
625 posts
226 upvotes
Ottawa
nasa25 wrote:
Jul 4th, 2017 8:34 pm
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2006
7816 posts
1891 upvotes
Brampton
Do Rolex watches count as clothing? A pal of mine is a Rolex collector told me to buy one when our dollar was at over par they were a steal compared to now, and they had appreciated in value. Now you're looking at hefty premium.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 9, 2007
7987 posts
2826 upvotes
Toronto
Not buying more GU branded (Japan) dress pants which was priced on sale for 10 bucks!!!! This was during their Golden Week sale.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2007
2098 posts
395 upvotes
Nah, there's always something better coming up. The latest and greatest does not last long (for clothing).

Better question, what piece of clothing (that you bought) do you regret the most?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
6762 posts
975 upvotes
It was impulse for me, was in Europe, CAD was high and had just heard Swatch was going to move the Omega brand to their own stores and raise the prices (they only did the later) then saw a deal on a discontinued Sea Master so I took the dive. Turns out it was a good and bad decision, got it for thousands less than a new one now (higher rrsp & exchange) BUT the watch is a dud, probably need serving soon and is out of warranty. Should have gone with a Rolex, too.
tebore wrote:
Jul 6th, 2017 9:43 am

Do Rolex watches count as clothing? A pal of mine is a Rolex collector told me to buy one when our dollar was at over par they were a steal compared to now, and they had appreciated in value. Now you're looking at hefty premium.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Deal Addict
May 11, 2009
3627 posts
812 upvotes
Debtario
sandav wrote:
Jul 5th, 2017 4:38 am
Not a piece of clothing but a jewelry accessory. The Seiko Orange Monster.
First or second gen? There is a great Canadian seller on WUS that I've done business with previously (smille76) and he has a first gen OM up for sale. USD/CAD rate gets you in the gonads, but alas it is out there.
tebore wrote:
Jul 6th, 2017 9:43 am
I know that feel. I wish I had a time machine so bad, also for the Omega SMP and speedy that were much more reasonably priced in the early 2000's.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Aug 16, 2009
119 posts
15 upvotes
No but regret buying many of my cloths.