Automotive

Do we need to follow the maintenance schedule for lease cars ?

Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
3526 posts
2186 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
vkizzle wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 4:46 pm
In-house loaner no, but the free rental from their partnership agency yes.
It was an in house loaner. I literally drove less than 20 kms in a Honda Civic loaner. The needle didn't even move. They said because I didn't present a receipt they have to now bring the car to a gas station and fill it up. They charged me for 4 litres of gas LOL.
Current Fido customer.
Ex Koodo customer.
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
10341 posts
2619 upvotes
Markham
bomber17 wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 4:32 pm
Since we are on the topic of dealers. Has anyone actually get charged for gas when returning their loaner cars?
When they give you the car, either rental or loaner.
They noted the KM and gas level. They expect you to come back at the same level. If the gas needle is half, then you come back half,

The time I got charged once for gas is the car is Full, like all the way above F when I got the car. Later, I came back the car with the needle still touch F.
They pump the gas themselves after I return the car and charge me whatever they bumped + extra fee.

From F to all the way F probably have 10L of gas you can pump there.
Such as BS, lol
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
3526 posts
2186 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
MP3_SKY wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 11:50 am
When they give you the car, either rental or loaner.
They noted the KM and gas level. They expect you to come back at the same level. If the gas needle is half, then you come back half,

The time I got charged once for gas is the car is Full, like all the way above F when I got the car. Later, I came back the car with the needle still touch F.
They pump the gas themselves after I return the car and charge me whatever they bumped + extra fee.

From F to all the way F probably have 10L of gas you can pump there.
Such as BS, lol
My situation is exactly like yours LOL. Got the car at Full, return without the digital gauge even moving. SA was so petty, he literally drove to the gas station, filled it up and charged me 4 litres of gas LOL. I'm like sure, I'll pay the $7 or so. It was because I didn't give him a gas receipt.

I totally get that we have to pay for gas, it's in the policy. But this is such a petty move and for a commission based role on customer service, do you really want to go that petty lol. Easiest way to get a client from ever coming back. If it's like more than 10% difference, then for sure.
Current Fido customer.
Ex Koodo customer.
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
2472 posts
2495 upvotes
Vancouver
You pay for the gas you use. I don't know what you're complaining about.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
50603 posts
15370 upvotes
Anikiri wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 4:14 pm
Every leased car with little but no maintenance becomes a Manufacturer's TOP CHOICE CPO
I guess leased or used, most are treated the same, especially those that describe them as "lady-driven" and have sparse service records.

May have to go new then when the all new Lexus IS is out.

Or used if a BEV because of the eight year warranty on the motor. :)