Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2006
4196 posts
366 upvotes
Markham

Do we really need that many sub forum?

In personal finance, there are credit card, investing, real estate and main forum. Do we really those many forums? What's next sub forum?Digital banking?
7 replies
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8366 posts
12708 upvotes
Scarborough
The reason the sub forums were created was because there were a lot of threads on those subjects. Currently there are no other sub forums on the horizon for the personal finance forum.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2006
4196 posts
366 upvotes
Markham
TomRFD wrote:
Feb 15th, 2017 8:16 pm
The reason the sub forums were created was because there were a lot of threads on those subjects. Currently there are no other sub forums on the horizon for the personal finance forum.
Thanks for reply

But what made it necessary to be separate sub forums? I could browse all topics in one forum, now I have to go to four forums, this is especially hard for mobile app.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
2643 posts
587 upvotes
Ottawa
For another perspective... I don't care about credit card or investing topics, so much prefer Personal Finance without it being cluttered up with those threads. The change works for me.
Sep 30, 2001
26295 posts
5381 upvotes
Toronto
smartie wrote:
Feb 15th, 2017 8:28 pm
But what made it necessary to be separate sub forums? I could browse all topics in one forum, now I have to go to four forums, this is especially hard for mobile app.
Because there was a lot of threads on those topics which made the main finance forum unwieldy. A lot of people asked for a credit-card sub-forum as an example to help de-clutter the threads.
Don't talk about it, be about it
Sep 27, 2003
8176 posts
1552 upvotes
Newmarket
A lot of people asked for separation and it there was a lot of overlap in posts creating an administrative and user-experience nightmare.
RFD Forums Moderator
Corporate Account Manager for a Bell Mobility Reseller
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2006
4196 posts
366 upvotes
Markham
Then why not like hot deal , you can have categories but still all deals on main forum? If you want to look like individual category, you can select it? I am sure there are a lot data plans in hot deal forum but I didn't see there is sub forum for it.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8366 posts
12708 upvotes
Scarborough
smartie wrote:
Feb 16th, 2017 6:32 pm
Then why not like hot deal , you can have categories but still all deals on main forum? If you want to look like individual category, you can select it? I am sure there are a lot data plans in hot deal forum but I didn't see there is sub forum for it.
It's possible in the future that we'll be able to do something similar to what exists in Hot Deals and apply that to other forums. If the amount of sub-forums grows beyond what it is now it'll definitely be more ideal to use categories rather than sub-forums. One of our goals is to add more personalization options on RFD (both front page and forums) and customized filtering by category is a feature we hope to add in.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].