Shopping Discussion

Locked: Do You Buy "Adult" Items At Costco or SDM Where There is No Self-Checkout?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 11th, 2019 9:35 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2015
2423 posts
1889 upvotes
Cochrane, AB

Do You Buy "Adult" Items At Costco or SDM Where There is No Self-Checkout?

So, at Costco and Shoppers, do you ever buy "adult" items in those stores since neither of them have Self-Checkout? Don't you worry about all those people in line staring at your items?

This is especially a problem at Costco where your items are on the conveyor belt for everyone to see for 5 minutes. And then you have the 50 year old lady cashiers judging you. Then, there are no bags at Costco so you are basically waving your items out in the open as you make the long walk out the door through the crowds. And God forbid if there is another line at the Costco exit door and you are carrying your "adult" items in your hands that the security wants to see from your receipt.

I just recently found out that Amazon actually has a very large number of "adult" items sold and shipped by Amazon and think that Amazon must do tons more business of this lucrative high margins segment than both Costco and Shoppers combined because Amazon is much more discreet. Must be the work of Jeff Bezos and all his endless fetishes that Amazon is so well stocked. Search doesn't seem to work for the vast majority of these items, though. Seems like I just stumbled upon some of them. Neither does CCC work well searching for them, they just don't show up unless you have the link or use a related items recommendation link.
45 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
Costco has adult items?
Unless you mean condoms in which case who cares? I'm not 12.

SDM at least has the condom manufacturer's toys but even then...

I do buy actual adult stuff on Amazon. There's an entire section of it in the "Health" section.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
3326 posts
1885 upvotes
I always buy my gimp suits from Costco. The kirkland brand is good quality and I've never had a problem at the returns counter.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
4912 posts
4932 upvotes
Ontario
death_hawk wrote: Costco has adult items?

SDM at least has the condom manufacturer's toys but even then...

I do buy actual adult stuff on Amazon. There's an entire section of it in the "Health" section.
Hey I wanted to be protected at 12
---
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21248 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
JoeStale wrote: So, at Costco and Shoppers, do you ever buy "adult" items in those stores since neither of them have Self-Checkout? Don't you worry about all those people in line staring at your items?

This is especially a problem at Costco where your items are on the conveyor belt for everyone to see for 5 minutes. And then you have the 50 year old lady cashiers judging you. Then, there are no bags at Costco so you are basically waving your items out in the open as you make the long walk out the door through the crowds. And God forbid if there is another line at the Costco exit door and you are carrying your "adult" items in your hands that the security wants to see from your receipt.

I just recently found out that Amazon actually has a very large number of "adult" items sold and shipped by Amazon and think that Amazon must do tons more business of this lucrative high margins segment than both Costco and Shoppers combined because Amazon is much more discreet. Must be the work of Jeff Bezos and all his endless fetishes that Amazon is so well stocked. Search doesn't seem to work for the vast majority of these items, though. Seems like I just stumbled upon some of them. Neither does CCC work well searching for them, they just don't show up unless you have the link or use a related items recommendation link.
It's a good way to pick up cashiers with your mega pack of Magnum XL condoms.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2015
2463 posts
1401 upvotes
I've bought alcohol at Costco before. Usually the liquor stores aren't in the main store.
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2016
1235 posts
4268 upvotes
No, but it's not because I'm a prude. It's just:
  1. Amazon has better selection for toys and cheaper batteries
  2. Home Depot has cheaper cotton rope
  3. I have enough PC points for free lube at shoppers
  4. Walmart has cheaper produce
  5. The only things that I need to go to other stores for aren't sold at Costco anyway
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2015
2423 posts
1889 upvotes
Cochrane, AB
engineered wrote: It's a good way to pick up cashiers with your mega pack of Magnum XL condoms.
Yeah, if you wanted to pickup women the age of your grandma. I find Costco cashiers are all 40, 50, or 60 years old.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
JoeStale wrote: Yeah, if you wanted to pickup women the age of your grandma. I find Costco cashiers are all 40, 50, or 60 years old.
That's because most of them have been working there for 20 years because they actually treat their staff well.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
kanechart wrote: Hey I wanted to be protected at 12
I mean... I was playing when I was 12, but you do you.
Or you do whoever, as long as you're using protection.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2015
2423 posts
1889 upvotes
Cochrane, AB
death_hawk wrote: I do buy actual adult stuff on Amazon. There's an entire section of it in the "Health" section.
Impart your wisdom and post the stuff you bought.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2015
2423 posts
1889 upvotes
Cochrane, AB
death_hawk wrote: Costco has adult items?
What about if your grandma works at Costco and sees you?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
JoeStale wrote: Impart your wisdom and post the stuff you bought.
Let's just say I'm into some weird stuff that probably shouldn't be posted on a family friendly forum....

It's bad enough that it's forever in my purchase history.
JoeStale wrote: What about if your grandma works at Costco and sees you?
She'd probably high five me because I'm having sex.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21248 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
JoeStale wrote: Yeah, if you wanted to pickup women the age of your grandma. I find Costco cashiers are all 40, 50, or 60 years old.
Old chicks still need lovin.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Dec 28, 2007
791 posts
593 upvotes
Alberta
MooseV2 wrote: No, but it's not because I'm a prude. It's just:
  1. Amazon has better selection for toys and cheaper batteries
  2. Home Depot has cheaper cotton rope
  3. I have enough PC points for free lube at shoppers
  4. Walmart has cheaper produce
  5. The only things that I need to go to other stores for aren't sold at Costco anyway
LMAO when you read between the lines. Pink Cherry is your one stop shop.
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
14325 posts
1241 upvotes
Condoms are not adult items and all it means is you're taking your sexual health seriously. Nothing to be ashamed of.
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2003
19893 posts
4112 upvotes
9347934 downvotes
In 20 years working at Costco, the old ladies have seen condoms a zillion times. If you're old enough to have sex, then you're old enough to buy condoms without turning red.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2015
2423 posts
1889 upvotes
Cochrane, AB
i6s1 wrote: In 20 years working at Costco, the old ladies have seen condoms a zillion times. If you're old enough to have sex, then you're old enough to buy condoms without turning red.
What about lube?
Dec 28, 2007
791 posts
593 upvotes
Alberta
JoeStale wrote: What about lube?
Lube is a bit more discrete than condoms when you’re paying.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)