Fashion & Apparel

Do you choose not to wear your wedding ring?

  • Last Updated:
  • May 11th, 2017 4:48 pm
[OP]
Sr. Member
User avatar
Aug 22, 2014
771 posts
348 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Do you choose not to wear your wedding ring?

I've noticed some of the newly married people in my circle don't wear their rings usually because they don't like wearing jewelry. Do you wear yours daily or do you prefer to go without the ring?
50 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 23, 2011
1088 posts
162 upvotes
I lost a bunch of weight and the ring was too loose. I looked into resizing it but it would cost more than the ring did originally and at some point when you get older fingers tend to get fatter. My wife not thrilled that I don't wear it but she's fine with it, she knows I'm not trolling for others by not wearing it.
Alex
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 14, 2005
10419 posts
1354 upvotes
City of Vancouver
If u r married, u should wear a wedding ring. If u don't like wearing it, or have some lame excuse, then get a ring tattoo on ur ring finger.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Crazy people will make even sane people crazy.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Oct 13, 2009
13174 posts
2682 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Becks wrote:
Apr 28th, 2017 1:42 pm
If u r married, u should wear a wedding ring. If u don't like wearing it, or have some lame excuse, then get a ring tattoo on ur ring finger.
So I guess you'd just get it lasered off once the divorce comes through?
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 14, 2005
10419 posts
1354 upvotes
City of Vancouver
nasa25 wrote:
Apr 28th, 2017 1:57 pm
So I guess you'd just get it lasered off once the divorce comes through?
Sure. In the pre-nup, it would stipulate that the other party will set aside funds for lasering off the ring tattoo should there be a divorce.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Crazy people will make even sane people crazy.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 12, 2003
6943 posts
491 upvotes
Markham
Depending on the day, when I go to work. May or may not. Going to gym, trip, I usually don't (risk of losing it)
Go to friends or family events, I mostly will.

The reason I don't wear it daily because I'm not used to wear something on my finger all the time, I tend it take it off during the day and put it aside sometimes (risk of losing it).

I disagree that wearing a wedding ring is a must after married.
A lot don't even have a banquet hall for reception or get a marriage certificate from their city hall, then why wedding ring is a must?
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Deal Guru
User avatar
Oct 13, 2009
13174 posts
2682 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Becks wrote:
Apr 28th, 2017 2:16 pm
Sure. In the pre-nup, it would stipulate that the other party will set aside funds for lasering off the ring tattoo should there be a divorce.
Thanks for the clarification.
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Member
User avatar
Mar 3, 2011
304 posts
138 upvotes
Different cultures and religions vary on this as their core value.

I wear mine, take it off before I go to bed and back on when I wake up once I get ready for work (wife is the same way).

Going to the gym we would usually leave them at home, just something about lifting weights with jewellery impedes your ability to hold the bar correctly.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 14, 2005
10419 posts
1354 upvotes
City of Vancouver
MP3_SKY wrote:
Apr 28th, 2017 2:28 pm
...I disagree that wearing a wedding ring is a must after married.
A lot don't even have a banquet hall for reception or get a marriage certificate from their city hall, then why wedding ring is a must?
Single ppl don't want to waste massive amounts of time being interested in married ppl. Spouses don't want single ppl coming on to their partners. This is all common sense. I recommend u get some.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Crazy people will make even sane people crazy.
Member
User avatar
Dec 28, 2010
201 posts
60 upvotes
I gained so much weight I had it cut off. Then I lost the weight again but never put it back on. Love comes from the heart not a (catholic) ring.
Actions speak louder than words
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 12, 2003
6943 posts
491 upvotes
Markham
Becks wrote:
Apr 28th, 2017 3:30 pm
Single ppl don't want to waste massive amounts of time being interested in married ppl. Spouses don't want single ppl coming on to their partners. This is all common sense. I recommend u get some.
No need, I'm not the type that flirt around and people know me a bit already know I'm married. M
Wearing a ring doesn't mean that the person won't have an affair.
What it makes the couple stay together is the heart, not the metal on your finger.

If the spouse obligate the other to wear a ring so other single back off, that is a lack of confidence already.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
3374 posts
360 upvotes
Richmond Hill
one can wear it on their neck like a pendant.
If you like me, i will like you back, on this forum
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 10, 2015
1139 posts
218 upvotes
St. Catharines, ON
Mine never comes off. It does not matter if my hands are covered in motor oil or ground beef.

I've been married less than two years, so my ring size is still perfect. I have the option to take it off, but don't want to.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 14, 2005
10419 posts
1354 upvotes
City of Vancouver
A confident spouse is one who has no problem getting a divorce.
A wedding ring is not going to stop ppl from coming on to the spouse. In fact, it attracts some ppl.
A successful marriage is not based on love, it is based on a commitment to being married.

You don't have to wear a wedding ring when u r married. You don't have to wear black to a funeral. You don't have to be married to be in love. You don't have to be in love to be in a marriage. You don't have to smile if u r happy. You don't have to cry if u r sad. So, what are we talking about then? We r talking about symbolism and communication. If u r Christian, wear a cross necklace, not a Star of David. U don't have to wear it, but it's a form of communication about something that is integral to your life. If u don't wear a wedding ring, u look like a single person, someone in a common-law relationship, or someone just dating. Get it? So, if u want to wear that hot pink sequined cocktail dress to someone's wake, u can, but it's a communication fail.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Crazy people will make even sane people crazy.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 12, 2003
6943 posts
491 upvotes
Markham
Why do we have to care rather others think we are single or not, I'm not going out everyday to see if this girl or that lady may or maynot have an interest on me somehow.
It is not a communication fail because those not wearing a wedding ring just doesn't really care and not try to misleading anyone.

If one not wearing a wedding ring because mainly because he/she wants to pretend that they are still single, then that's a diff story but those who are not wearing a wedding ring is def not on any type of fail. The only failure is the person who takes this angle and look at it this way.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel

Top