Fashion & Beauty

Do you choose not to wear your wedding ring?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 2nd, 2017 10:45 pm
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
7929 posts
5476 upvotes
Victoria, BC
DDHLeigh wrote: The only time I wear mine is when I go to work or go out. When I'm at home I take it off. My wife does the same thing. One of the reasons she does not wear it is to prevent scratching our toddler accidentally with her band/engagement combo.
Really, lol? My mom raised 5 of us and I've never seen her take off her wedding/engagement rings. And she has honking huge diamonds/setting for the engagement ring (they must have been way more affordable in 1954 when they got married - she was only 16 lol). I was the youngest (came along in 1970). I've been hurt by her hand (from her hitting me as a kid), but never a scratch from her ring of all things.
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28752 posts
1370 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
Becks wrote: ^^ I don't use a cellphone because it is not free....
it's clear you're not cheap., so this isn't really a reason I'm buying. You can certainly afford it. You simply chose not to spend a dime on it., am I correct? Have you 'ever' had one & just since decided not worth your money....or...since day 1?
Zewo wrote: ......I'm not married
exactly.
...we're probably getting tattoos (line of work, forgetfulness, and because tattoos).
what line is that? & what does memory have to do with wearing a wedding ring?

lol, someone downvoted this, butthurt much? #singleforlife
Last edited by bubble.tea on May 11th, 2017 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PayTM$154, dead. SDM: $5342 Rakuten: $181.98
100% Established: BST; Heat; FB market; Kijiji *BST: FS Mens Shoes & Boots: Viberg, Allend Edmonds, Red Wings, misc,*
*Various Szs Vintage: Florsheim Imperial
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2011
2094 posts
1079 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Chickinvic wrote: Really, lol? My mom raised 5 of us and I've never seen her take off her wedding/engagement rings. And she has honking huge diamonds/setting for the engagement ring (they must have been way more affordable in 1954 when they got married - she was only 16 lol). I was the youngest (came along in 1970). I've been hurt by her hand (from her hitting me as a kid), but never a scratch from her ring of all things.
I'm not going to say my wife is clumsy, but there are times that she doesn't pay attention fully. I've been gashed several times by accident by her ring :(
Nov 23, 2008
382 posts
172 upvotes
Toronto
bubble.tea wrote: what line is that? & what does memory have to do with wearing a wedding ring?
She's in medical imaging, and she has said that if she wore a ring, she'd have to be constantly taking the ring off for work. That, in combination with her general forgetfulness, means she'll end up losing the ring at eventually.

This was coming from her by the way.
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28752 posts
1370 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
Zewo wrote: She's in medical imaging....
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, very legit!!!!!!! Does she do it all? or just one system? nuclear? MRI?

It's such a broad field, no?
100% Established: BST; Heat; FB market; Kijiji *BST: FS Mens Shoes & Boots: Viberg, Allend Edmonds, Red Wings, misc,*
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2013
2779 posts
1134 upvotes
Winnipeg
yesstyle wrote: one can wear it on their neck like a pendant.
i dont like to wear the ring, not even around my neck. so my wife makes me wear the marriage certificate as a pendant....
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. -- Douglas Adams
Nov 23, 2008
382 posts
172 upvotes
Toronto
bubble.tea wrote: ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, very legit!!!!!!! Does she do it all? or just one system? nuclear? MRI?

It's such a broad field, no?
She calls herself a 'RadTech' (Radiological Technologist?). That's about as far as my knowledge goes.

I might not be a very good boyfriend.

EDIT: I talked to my girlfriend about it, and it seems like it's more of a hospital thing, and less of a 'RadTech' thing. Certain parts of the hospital (critical care, baby section?) have a nothing past the elbows policy (jewellery etc..).
Last edited by Zewo on May 11th, 2017 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28752 posts
1370 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
^ lol...ok ok I'll be content with that. Thanks.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2013
2779 posts
1134 upvotes
Winnipeg
Zewo wrote: I might not be a very good boyfriend.
shameless admittance that you are not good enough...hmmm congratulations you pass Marriage 101 class ahead of time Smiling Face With Sunglasses
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. -- Douglas Adams
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2013
2779 posts
1134 upvotes
Winnipeg
bubble.tea wrote: ^ lol...ok ok I'll be content with that. Thanks.
Off Topic: Some inventions are named after the places they come from. e.g Champagne. You dont live at one of such places, do you? Winking Face
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28752 posts
1370 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
lol
Apr 12, 2009
466 posts
115 upvotes
I had never worn any jewelery until I got married. First couple months I would always take it off and play around with it. Often forgetting to take it off.

Now I am use to it and wear it 95% of the time. I did get a plain 14k gold band to make sure it was tough and did not get scratches easily. My wife also wears here most of time, at least when she leaves the house. It is a fairly large diamond.

I know some people who dont wear their ring because it does not fit anymore but frankly if my wife didn't wear her ring most of the time after getting married I would be offended and would let her know. Sounds petty and probably happens less often with woman but what is the reason not to wear it? You don't wear jewelery? Get a regular band and trust me you won't even notice it after a couple months.

Obviously my marriage is not defined by a ring but if you don't think it's that important why even get each other rings? People do notice this kind of stuff in the dating world especially when you get past your 20s.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)