Automotive

Do you come to a COMPLETE stop at a stop sign?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 1st, 2013 5:50 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
39710 posts
5907 upvotes
King City
I come to a complete stop. Not because of the first gear but rather following rules and if there's a cop hiding and sees me doing a rolling stop then I will get caught.

So what if others honk behind you lol. Just ignore them. The world is not fair and has drivers who are impatient/don't follow the rules.

PS I do count three seconds quickly though lol.
Proud to be an Indian.
Dec 30, 2006
8728 posts
297 upvotes
Toronto
I admit, the majority of the time I do not. I come close coming to a complete stop, but not always. I would say about 85% of the time I do not.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2006
6395 posts
1589 upvotes
GTA
Yes. It's funny because just a few days ago I saw an idiot in front of me just slow down at a stop sign, without stopping, and get ticketed by police cruiser waiting just off to the side. It's a very simple rule and not following it is simply laziness.
Banned
Jun 28, 2012
5562 posts
813 upvotes
Calgary
Only if another car is there too or nearby, otherwise I slow down a bit but dont stop. Cause to me, its a complete wasted effort and extra wear on your brakes and trans to come to a complete stop if no one is even in sight. Like why bother? Do we knock on bathroom doors that are open and clearly no one is inside using it? No, so why should i bother stopping if no one is in sight.

For instance theres a stop sign 2 blocks from my house that really should never have been there for the past 2 years as all it is, is a L turn, not even a 3 way. And if someone crosses it, the gap is so huge anyone can see it from 100ft away. I never stop at it, ever, I just roll right through. If I see cops nearby i will but 2 years now and never once seen one.
May 28, 2012
10314 posts
2453 upvotes
Saskatoon
I always come to a full stop. It really bugs me when I see people roll through or simply slow down at a stop. Could be cluelessness or laziness, who knows...

I have a 16 year old who just got his drivers license and he would be the first one to say if his parents' driving wasn't up to snuff. It's better to have good driving habits so that it comes naturally to you, rather than to have to force yourself to obey the rules only when you risk getting a ticket.
Banned
Nov 10, 2012
777 posts
81 upvotes
Hamilton
Can you make a valid excuse in court if the police officer says "you didn't stop", meanwhile, you record your speedometer as it reads/needle hits 0? Lol.

I try to at least everytime - if I'm in a rush sometimes not :P
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2008
1605 posts
168 upvotes
Toronto
when i drove stick i rolled through alot more vs auto.

auto i tend to stop alot more.
Deal Guru
Jun 12, 2003
14718 posts
1075 upvotes
Markham
Usually I do complete stops.. Never know if pigs are hiding
ShadowVlican
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2006
4170 posts
174 upvotes
North York
Too many stop signs that should be yield signs.
If you drive dangerously I hope you get caught and lose your license/car/dignity! :twisted: :twisted:
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2005
3453 posts
199 upvotes
Toronto
always.

A friend of mine got a ticket from a rolling stop when he first received his license and car.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
17775 posts
1766 upvotes
Space for rent
Matryx wrote:
Jul 1st, 2013 4:50 pm
always.

A friend of mine got a ticket from a rolling stop when he first received his license and car.
Reminds me of my first week after getting the a speed trap ticket.

Just got a ticket after I got my license from a speed trap that was at the top of a hill. Thing is, it was a down hill followed by a gradual uphill so most cars would go over the speed limit by a bit. I think I was going 9km/h over. Cop said if I wanted to fight it, I could or did he say should? anyway, the ticket mysteriously got expunged from the records after 13 months. Haha.