Off Topic

Do you drink tap water or bottled water?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 13th, 2017 5:57 am
Tags:
None

Poll: Do you drink tap water or bottled?

• Total votes: 0. You have voted on this poll.
Sep 19, 2013
794 posts
194 upvotes
Winnipeg
I mix the bottled water with tap water 50-50%. LOL, just kidding.

Tap water.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2014
1186 posts
465 upvotes
Newton Brook, ON
I usually heat tap water and filter it through coffee beans.
Sep 19, 2013
794 posts
194 upvotes
Winnipeg
nmclean wrote:
Mar 29th, 2017 2:05 pm
I usually heat tap water and filter it through coffee beans.
Glad that you didnt say you drink the water fermented through grapes.
Dec 6, 2016
39 posts
13 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Tap water at our house, love that chlorine clean taste!
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
2906 posts
272 upvotes
I'm cheap af, so tap water...if I get sick, its okay..my taxes have paid for healthcare.
Feb 25, 2015
690 posts
129 upvotes
York Region
I inherited some fancy water filtration system with a separate tap for the filtered water and also connected to my fridge. Filters are about $100 a year and the water tastes good. I have case of water for over a year and still has half the bottles.
We used to go through a case every 2 weeks.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
24432 posts
5255 upvotes
GTHA
"Each year, Canadian consumers spend around $2.5 billion on bottled water — that’s 71 litres for every man, woman, and child in the country — even though most of the country, with the notable exception of some remote Indigenous communities, enjoys clean, safe tap water."

from https://www.thestar.com/news/queenspark ... 50371.html
Banned
Mar 12, 2017
108 posts
46 upvotes
Calgary
Wife and I use Vitapur filter from tap, changing filter every few months. Water tastes a bit better than tap, especially when making ice with it.
Jun 15, 2012
709 posts
48 upvotes
MB
I only drink bottled water. But I do use tap water for cooking.
"I will tell you how to become rich. Close the doors. Be fearful when others are greedy. Be greedy when others are fearful."
- Warren Buffett
Jun 15, 2012
709 posts
48 upvotes
MB
tk1000 wrote:
Jun 10th, 2017 2:43 pm
"Each year, Canadian consumers spend around $2.5 billion on bottled water — that’s 71 litres for every man, woman, and child in the country — even though most of the country, with the notable exception of some remote Indigenous communities, enjoys clean, safe tap water."

from https://www.thestar.com/news/queenspark ... 50371.html
Water might safe and clean but water pipes never been cleaned and if you ever have a chance look what is inside them.
"I will tell you how to become rich. Close the doors. Be fearful when others are greedy. Be greedy when others are fearful."
- Warren Buffett
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2010
1198 posts
166 upvotes
BC
The biggest con ever, Bottled Water. Some come from springs but most of it is glorified, purified tap water sold at prices that make it more expensive than gas. I've never seen a label on bottled water regarding its source.
"Once you learn good English...Can't nobody take it away!"
Jun 15, 2012
709 posts
48 upvotes
MB
There is source on every bottle I drink. Nestle water for instance come from Good Hope spring in BC , And it cost 24*0.5 l 4.50 CAD with taxes.
But people from Toronto or Vancouver could not have known that because after they pay mortgage no money left. Lol

Also
Several studies on humans have also found a link between long-term exposure to high levels of chlorination by-products and a higher risk of cancer. For instance, a recent study showed an increased risk of bladder and possibly colon cancer in people who drank chlorinated water for 35 years or more.

http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/hl-vs/iyh-vsv/en ... or-eng.php

---
Bottled water I drink is ozonated.
- Warren Buffett