Off Topic

Do you drink tap water or bottled water?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 13th, 2017 5:57 am
Tags:
None

Poll: Do you drink tap water or bottled?

• Total votes: 0. You have voted on this poll.
Penalty Box
Oct 15, 2006
4261 posts
433 upvotes
lol at boiled water

we are not a 3rd world country
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2008
4732 posts
334 upvotes
Kingmoo wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2017 2:00 am
lol at boiled water

we are not a 3rd world country
Some 3rd world countries spend more than us on infrastructures. :)

In any case, for people who are paranoid, they got the option. I like the taste of boiled water for some reason. I also like drinking hot water.
Penalty Box
Aug 23, 2006
2803 posts
171 upvotes
Archanfel wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2017 7:18 am

In any case, for people who are paranoid, they got the option. I like the taste of boiled water for some reason. I also like drinking hot water.
I tried that. After cooled down I put it in fridge when its damn hot outside. That cold water tastes fantastic.
“There are some things money can’t buy, and for everything else there’s MasterCard. Well, get out your checkbooks ladies and gentlemen, because it seems like the entire liberal cabinet can be bought. TRUDEAU: I CAN’T BE BOUGHT...LMAO. Because its 2017
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
1135 posts
570 upvotes
All of the above.

Bottled Water is still a mainstay in our house for its convenience on road trips & for sports
Tap Water is primarily boiled and used for Hot Beverages
Tap Water straight up goes into prepared from concentrate beverages (canned juices etc) and anything we cook.

Rarely does anyone here drink Tap Water as is.
If we have a big meal with Friends or Family, then maybe... But then we are also just as likely to serve Sparkling Water (San Pellegrino)

Lol, and the houseplants... They get Distilled Water.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
1457 posts
609 upvotes
Hamilton
I use a brita filter because what kind of animal drinks right from the tap.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9762 posts
852 upvotes
Archanfel wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2017 7:18 am

Are you from one of these 3rd world countries? Many of my Chinese co-workers will order hot water at restaurants when we go for a team lunches... I look like the odd ball asking for ice water.
Deal Expert
Oct 15, 2002
18161 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto
Previously bottled/tap water. Now only Berkey filtered water. Much cleaner, better tasting. Health has improved, improved sleep and vivid dreams (fluoride blocks pineal gland, which Berkey filters out).
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
10929 posts
1487 upvotes
City of Vancouver
There r a lot of reasons why i don't want to live in Vancouver. The water here is a good reason to stay living here, it is that good, and it is still free.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Crazy people will make even sane people crazy.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2006
6258 posts
467 upvotes
Toronto
umop wrote:
Feb 8th, 2016 5:43 am
Tap water tastes nasty for me. I slightly cringe when I try it, which is only when we have literally nothing else to drink and I'm dying of thirst, and even then I can't take more than a few sips.

I sometimes wish I liked the taste so I'd save on bottled water.

However...

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2014/05 ... homes.html
I spoke to a water expert about this. He told me the initial taste/smell dissipates in a few minutes so his advise was to fill a jug with water and leave it sit in a fridge if you like it cold or on a counter if you prefer it less cold. The taste/smell goes away and you fill your glass form that.

Your second point is related to older homes and older areas where the infrastructure has not been upgraded. The City used to supply lead test kits so you could check your tap water.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2006
6258 posts
467 upvotes
Toronto
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2017 5:51 pm
Are you from one of these 3rd world countries? Many of my Chinese co-workers will order hot water at restaurants when we go for a team lunches... I look like the odd ball asking for ice water.
Drinking ice water while eating apparently causes people to eat more than they should. I heard a guy on the radio recently talking about this and he said that this habit might be one of the causes of obesity in developed countries.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9762 posts
852 upvotes
Jimbobs wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 3:33 pm
Drinking ice water while eating apparently causes people to eat more than they should. I heard a guy on the radio recently talking about this and he said that this habit might be one of the causes of obesity in developed countries.
And then there are the other crack pots who say drinking cold water after eating will help you lose weight. Both probably have some truth to it matter how insignificant that truth might be. The real culprit is staring at your in the mirror. Put down the fried chicken.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2010
4712 posts
390 upvotes
Scarborough
Stop wasting money on bottled water (which is tap water anyway). You really trust those packaging companies? lol
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2006
6258 posts
467 upvotes
Toronto
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 5:12 pm
And then there are the other crack pots who say drinking cold water after eating will help you lose weight. Both probably have some truth to it matter how insignificant that truth might be. The real culprit is staring at your in the mirror. Put down the fried chicken.
Face With Tears Of Joy

Why Is Drinking Cold Water Bad For You?
Last edited by Jimbobs on Aug 10th, 2017 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Penalty Box
Oct 15, 2006
4261 posts
433 upvotes
tap water in North America. Bottled water anywhere else, mostly because it's just not worth the risk when travelling

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)