Off Topic Archive

Locked: Do you ever get fed up of your spouse?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 11th, 2011 4:43 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2008
9330 posts
243 upvotes
Brampton

Do you ever get fed up of your spouse?

What do you do when you get fed up? I don't have a spouse at the moment but may get one sometime soon. I was thinking that day after day, week after week, year after year, I would definately get fed up of coming home to the same person. So how do you deal with this? Get seperate televisions so you can spend time apart? Would that work?
Share:
69 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
23349 posts
1452 upvotes
Markham
I personally know a good divorce lawyer
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2010
1714 posts
76 upvotes
Barrie
I definitely get a little fed up and annoyed with him. Its usually over dumb little things, like how he makes the bed when i'm still in it asleep. I've found that indeed absence makes the heart grow fonder (or whatever that saying is lol), so when we feel really annoyed with eachother we usually go do our own thing for a while. One thing thats really helpful is not staying in a routine. You gotta keep things fun, so we always try to do stuff together, go to the movies, wrestle, go out for dinner etc. Sometimes we play tricks on eachother, like leave a water gun right by the front door with a little note that basically says hey your under attack lol so when the other person gets home its on haha Just random fun stuff to keep it lively :)
Aug 30, 2008
106 posts
9 upvotes
Earth
cheapmeister wrote:
Feb 8th, 2011 7:24 pm
What do you do when you get fed up? I don't have a spouse at the moment but may get one sometime soon. I was thinking that day after day, week after week, year after year, I would definately get fed up of coming home to the same person. So how do you deal with this? Get seperate televisions so you can spend time apart? Would that work?

What's to say your spouse won't get fed up with you first? ;)
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2009
4335 posts
268 upvotes
Toronto
I upgraded our queen size bed to a king and it seemed to do the trick. I guess we are still 30 years away from adopting a set of twin beds.
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.
Deal Guru
Dec 31, 2005
12877 posts
574 upvotes
Fed up? Not sure what you mean...

After 12 years of Marriage and 18 years together, there is nothing better than waking up or coming home and seeing your partner...and even for a brief instant (if you are both having horrible days) you smile together...and everything is ok.

It really isn't too difficult if you realize that you don't have to spend every minute of every day with each other. When I started working I was travelling around one week a month...and while we missed each other, having time apart is nice as well.

Fight? Maybe an argument or two...but nothing major. Never had to spend the night on the sofa etc...
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2009
4335 posts
268 upvotes
Toronto
chickibum wrote:
Feb 8th, 2011 7:32 pm
like how he makes the bed when i'm still in it asleep.

hahahahahaha!!!!!! At least he makes the bed.
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2010
1714 posts
76 upvotes
Barrie
No Frills wrote:
Feb 8th, 2011 8:06 pm
hahahahahaha!!!!!!

Yeah I laughed the first time he did it too, now he risks a kick to the head every time he does it lol

I am glad he cleans.. but he's a little ocd about it lol
Deal Expert
Oct 16, 2001
76726 posts
1574 upvotes
No Frills wrote:
Feb 8th, 2011 8:06 pm
hahahahahaha!!!!!! At least he makes the bed.

Well if she didnt sleep in until noon every day :)
TOTAL WINNINGS TO DATE = $99,719.87
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2007
2292 posts
102 upvotes
Do a google search for "married men - post here if you hate your life" and read the entire thread.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2010
1714 posts
76 upvotes
Barrie
Spidey wrote:
Feb 8th, 2011 8:11 pm
Well if she didnt sleep in until noon every day :)

LOL not even, he wakes up at 5 am for work and tries to make it as soon as he rolls out of bed. I dont have to be up till 7. I want that extra two hours dammit lol :lol:
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
3713 posts
44 upvotes
cheapmeister wrote:
Feb 8th, 2011 7:24 pm
What do you do when you get fed up? I don't have a spouse at the moment but may get one sometime soon. ...
Are you serious?
Forget it you don't have so no problem asking stupid questions.
Ban Steve Downie from NHL
Self Proclaimed PYwner Late Miss. Masco:My Gramma is gooder than your typos Says GrammerNazi.
smitty9999 on saving power: nooB Powers on the PC just to post stfu.
board123:when challenged runs away as fast as it can, hide behind mommy.
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2008
1113 posts
18 upvotes
chickibum wrote:
Feb 8th, 2011 8:17 pm
LOL not even, he wakes up at 5 am for work and tries to make it as soon as he rolls out of bed. I dont have to be up till 7. I want that extra two hours dammit lol :lol:

How about placing the water gun near your bedside instead of the front door !

:razz:
× < >