Automotive

Do you get a free loaner at the dealer?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 1st, 2013 9:44 pm
Tags:
None

Poll: Do you get a free loaner at the dealer?

• Total votes: 0. You have voted on this poll.
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2005
2253 posts
262 upvotes
ThePointblank wrote:
Jun 28th, 2013 9:22 pm
FYI, GM has an arrangement with Enterprise that any GM customer that has their car in for warranty work MUST be placed in a GM vehicle.... and that has caused some headaches when I worked at Enterprise, because as soon as we get notice of a GM warranty customer, we start looking for a GM vehicle if we don't have one on our lot... No other car manufacturer that has rental agreements with us has that stipulation.

And sometimes, we've placed GM warranty customers into creative solutions; I've once assigned a GM warranty customer that drove a Cobalt into a GMC Sierra pickup truck as that was the only available GM vehicle on my lot (with the customer's approval). Another time, I placed one who drove a Malibu into GMC Savanna cargo van for a day until I could get something more sensible.

Pretty much the same case everywhere. Regardless of the rental company, customer has to be in a GM vehicle. I remember waiting for Avis to find a GM vehicle once as they did not have a GM at the moment.

I've also been given a Nissan Maxima by Enterprise when my Caddy was in for service.
2016 Cadillac ATS-V, 2004 Cadillac CTS-V, 2009 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Premium, 2004 Cadillac CTS 3.6, 2016 Camaro SS, 2007 Cadillac SRX, 2015 Z06
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2012
1464 posts
67 upvotes
Edmonton
Jon04CTS wrote:
Jun 29th, 2013 1:19 am
Pretty much the same case everywhere. Regardless of the rental company, customer has to be in a GM vehicle. I remember waiting for Avis to find a GM vehicle once as they did not have a GM at the moment.

I've also been given a Nissan Maxima by Enterprise when my Caddy was in for service.
Seems those daddy's need a lot of service? How was the maxima compared to a cts?
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2005
2253 posts
262 upvotes
CalgaryExotics wrote:
Jun 29th, 2013 12:35 pm
Seems those daddy's need a lot of service? How was the maxima compared to a cts?
I have 3 of them... They all require regular maintenance which I do at a dealer. So yeah, I visit my dealer more often than most, cause I have more vehicles.

The Maxima drove like a pig compared to the CTS. Hilarious considering they all have a "4 Door Sports Car" sticker on them from factory. Hated the CVT too.
2016 Cadillac ATS-V, 2004 Cadillac CTS-V, 2009 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Premium, 2004 Cadillac CTS 3.6, 2016 Camaro SS, 2007 Cadillac SRX, 2015 Z06
Nov 19, 2008
311 posts
34 upvotes
Yes, free loaner from my dealer. Queensway Audi.
Jul 22, 2012
717 posts
177 upvotes
Yes, I get a free loaner from Number 7 Honda whenever I take my Civic in
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
24961 posts
5236 upvotes
I think these days most times the manufacturer only provides a rental if it's a warranty repair that takes over one day. For regular maintenance and warranty repairs that take less than a day, if you get a free loaner it's usually being provided by the dealership and not the carmaker.
Jan 16, 2006
733 posts
89 upvotes
Tony Graham Nissan - no loaner but they have free shuttle service
Deal Addict
May 16, 2009
1275 posts
81 upvotes
ES_Revenge wrote:
Jun 30th, 2013 1:43 pm
I think these days most times the manufacturer only provides a rental if it's a warranty repair that takes over one day. For regular maintenance and warranty repairs that take less than a day, if you get a free loaner it's usually being provided by the dealership and not the carmaker.
I've actually seen an increase in rentals from dealers for only one day for things that vehicle work that takes a day, both maintenance and warranty work. The reason being is that dealers are shrinking their loaner fleets because its expensive to maintain a fleet of loaners so they are now getting rental companies to handle their loaners.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2005
3626 posts
270 upvotes
Thornhill
Ya I've gotten an Acura CSX from the rental company that my local Acura dealership deals with regardless of service type.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2006
1727 posts
38 upvotes
Maple
if its one of my dealership customer that bought a car from us, i will typically make sure they get a loaner if it permits. As usually this involves lending out a sales department car unless i am out of cars at that time. I believe this is basic customer service as people do spend a lot of money on their cars. Its a way of saying thank you for them buying at my dealership and servicing them here. I will never want them to be stranded there waiting
[removed - no solicitation]
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2065 posts
359 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
I always get one from Erinwood Ford when I get car serviced.