Fashion & Beauty

Do you guys find Canada Jackets Actually Warm?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 31st, 2014 1:39 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2010
2059 posts
359 upvotes

Do you guys find Canada Jackets Actually Warm?

I know its an odd question but I have a Caanda Goose Chateau Jacket.

And very often I find it kind of "chilly" at times

I generally wear a undershirt and a sweater. I know you could say i should layer up a bit more but for a coat like this you would think it wouldnt be remotely necessary.

Hence why I considered a Como Parka from the Branta Collection

Do you guys have any experiences with them not being totally warm or do I just get to cold easily?
71 replies
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33237 posts
21168 upvotes
Toronto
maybe you have a counterfeit CG
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2010
2059 posts
359 upvotes
booblehead wrote: maybe you have a counterfeit CG
no i bought it at an authroized reseller, plus the originla had an issue with the back wearing color and canada goose replaced it with a new coat.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2011
1762 posts
603 upvotes
Toronto
Why do you have so many CG threads. Can you just post all of them in one? CG vs Nobis/Are CGs warm/Should I get Como
Fashion hurts p░ ░ ░yboi - KimchiTacos_
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2010
2059 posts
359 upvotes
Firebolt wrote: Why do you have so many CG threads. Can you just post all of them in one? CG vs Nobis/Are CGs warm/Should I get Como
but their all different topics.

Any input on this one from your experience?
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2011
1762 posts
603 upvotes
Toronto
No idea about your chateau or como. From my experience, my CG Chilliwack and it's variations are warm, but not as warm as my CMFR. If you're not warm enough an expedition will definitely keep you warm. However laying would make more sense and probably be better anyways.
Fashion hurts p░ ░ ░yboi - KimchiTacos_
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
21739 posts
21357 upvotes
Tarrana & The Ri…
I have owned two Expeditions and currently have a Constable. I always wore the jackets with a t-shirt and was never cold. In the Expedition I was STILL sweating so something is wrong with your coat.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2009
2447 posts
239 upvotes
Brampton
Try wearing a scarf to plug any wind that might be getting into your neck hole. I used to get unbearably hot outside when I had a scarf on while wearing either my goose or the nobis.
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26998 posts
4337 upvotes
Buy a Hybridge Lite Hoody and wear it under the Chateau
Sep 22, 2012
154 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
Wear some Long Johns ;)

I typically find myself cold when I don't
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2007
2975 posts
262 upvotes
Toronto
Firebolt wrote: Why do you have so many CG threads. Can you just post all of them in one? CG vs Nobis/Are CGs warm/Should I get Como
I thought I was the only one always b tching about this. Thought this was the rfd way.....
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2007
2975 posts
262 upvotes
Toronto
JayLove06 wrote: I have owned two Expeditions and currently have a Constable. I always wore the jackets with a t-shirt and was never cold. In the Expedition I was STILL sweating so something is wrong with your coat.
I knew somebody had to bust out the t-shirt comment
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
21739 posts
21357 upvotes
Tarrana & The Ri…
Irbe wrote: I knew somebody had to bust out the t-shirt comment
It's true, though. They're that warm. Maybe I just have more meat on my bones?
Deal Addict
May 30, 2008
2143 posts
531 upvotes
WIN-A-PIG!
thatsnazzyiphoneguy wrote: I know its an odd question but I have a Caanda Goose Chateau Jacket.

I generally wear a undershirt and a sweater. I know you could say i should layer up a bit more but for a coat like this you would think it wouldnt be remotely necessary.

Do you guys have any experiences with them not being totally warm or do I just get to cold easily?
You might get cold too easily but I may be biased. What temps are you wearing your Chateau in? I'm getting this jacket as well and was debating on other CG jackets to get.
aizecarla wrote: Still cold on -10c?!
-10 is warm if you are from Winnipeg and I'm usually good in my Peacoat and sweater underneath when its -10 to -15.

I plan on using the CG Chateau for the current -38 windchill weather and upcoming Jan/Feb temperatures. It'll be an upgrade from my Under Armour boarding jacket that I'm using daily and a lot more professional looking for work. Hope its good enough for Winnipeg.

On a side note, my GF recently got the North Face Tremaya and shes toasty in her parka.
Aug 23, 2011
620 posts
252 upvotes
anton204 wrote: -10 is warm if you are from Winnipeg and I'm usually good in my Peacoat and sweater underneath when its -10 to -15.

I plan on using the CG Chateau for the current -38 windchill weather and upcoming Jan/Feb temperatures. It'll be an upgrade from my Under Armour boarding jacket that I'm using daily and a lot more professional looking for work. Hope its good enough for Winnipeg.

On a side note, my GF recently got the North Face Tremaya and shes toasty in her parka.
It's warm if it's transitioning to spring, but colder during fall. I had the TNF Arctic Parka, a little on the colder side. I take the bus though. I'm currently using the CG Kensington and the problem is the legs, the little opening lets the wind in. Probably not warm enough since the rating is for -10 to -20. I have the Nobis Tula as well, but 1 size small so the arms are a little cold.

Still have to find a slim, warm parka.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2010
2059 posts
359 upvotes
anton204 wrote: You might get cold too easily but I may be biased. What temps are you wearing your Chateau in? I'm getting this jacket as well and was debating on other CG jackets to get.

-10 is warm if you are from Winnipeg and I'm usually good in my Peacoat and sweater underneath when its -10 to -15.

right its like -10 celcius here with wind and I do find it a bit chilly. Im not liek freezing to death but i mean i dont feel like im super warm in a suposed super warm coat.

im pretty skinny though maybe thats why?

i was debating earlier whether to sell the chateau and go all out on a como parka branta collection, its made of down and wool but its 1000 more if i sell my chateau !
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2006
1905 posts
148 upvotes
thatsnazzyiphoneguy wrote: I know its an odd question but I have a Caanda Goose Chateau Jacket.

outerwear-jacket-reviews-cg-cmfr-mk-nob ... st16170169
fierycod wrote:Now, this jacket's warmth is on point, but I feel as if it could be a bit warmer. Sure it might keep you toasty and fine in negative temperatures, but then the cold comes creeping back when there's a lot of wind while wearing this jacket. It feels like the jacket is a bit thin on down or something like that, but otherwise I'm fine with it. Most of the time, however, I am perfectly snug and content with walking in -10 and under weather as it does do the job, very well I might add. It's rated at TEI 4, which is -15 / -25C, so it would justify the conditions if it were to even hit that in Toronto
nobis-barry-3rd-ultimate-winter-coat-10 ... st14042594
kingofwale wrote: From my testing so far. Chateau is no longer the warmest jacket out there comparing to Yatesy, I have no problem enduring -20+ wind in Yatesy (t-shirt only); while in Chateau, it's getting chilly in -10 with just a t-shirt.

One key issue is that Chateau seems to have cheapened out on the amount of downs they put in to each of the pockets, when slightly pressing down on both jackets from the inside, it feels that there are more of the downs in Yatesy. Of course, it's hardly a scientific test, but it does translate to colder jacket outside.
There have been several reports that the Chateau doesn't feel as warm as other CG offerings.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2010
2059 posts
359 upvotes
BananaWeed wrote: outerwear-jacket-reviews-cg-cmfr-mk-nob ... st16170169

nobis-barry-3rd-ultimate-winter-coat-10 ... st14042594

There have been several reports that the Chateau doesn't feel as warm as other CG offerings.
thanks for the links. i appreciaete the time u took to find them! :)

yeah im gonna ahve to agree with those reports, the chateau does get chilly underneath if u just have a shirt and sweater in -10 :S

have u heard or had any experience with CGs branta models like the como parka? i lovethe wool and it looks warmer, just trying to justify the insane cost of them though
Banned
Nov 17, 2013
34 posts
I have no idea about it. But nice and useful information is shared by you.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)