Shopping Discussion

do you guys think a costco membership is worth it or should i keep going food basics/nofrills

• Last Updated:
  • May 19th, 2017 2:59 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2006
1135 posts
46 upvotes
K-W
Zewo wrote:
May 17th, 2017 2:40 pm
They aren't necessarily only at the ones with gas stations. I know from experience the one close to my parent's place refills propane, and there's no gas station there.

The store locator on the Costco website should list out available services for each store.
For example, Kitchener has no gas station but it does have propane. Just hit the buzzer at the propane station, someone will come out and give you a ticket, pay when you're done shopping, pick up propane on the way out. Easy peasy!
Deal Guru
Dec 4, 2010
14138 posts
983 upvotes
Don't forget Costco carries those family size cereal box. I call it the obese special edition. Lol
Jan 14, 2014
982 posts
183 upvotes
Caledon
not worth it imo. i dont shop there enough, oil dog food, some meds ect, its good 50$ a year is steep if you use foodbasics and no frills already
Im Selling Some Cool Stuff.
-Intel x99 Core i7 6800k gtx970 16gb ddr4 240gb ssd-1800$
-Dell e7470 14" ultrabook i5 6300u 8gb ram 256gb ssd-800$
Click here to check my BST post.
Apr 30, 2017
66 posts
17 upvotes
Smart people don't put all their money into a single financial institution and smart people don't do all their shopping into a single store. Costco can be worth it as long as one doesn't do all his/her shopping over there. Otherwise you are paying more than you should.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
2873 posts
317 upvotes
416 REAL T-D0T not 9…
JustMe2016 wrote:
May 19th, 2017 8:14 am
Smart people don't put all their money into a single financial institution and smart people don't do all their shopping into a single store. Costco can be worth it as long as one doesn't do all his/her shopping over there. Otherwise you are paying more than you should.
This. I supplement my Costco shopping with Amazon and FreshCo. I buy the bulk stuff, especially meats, breads, and cheese from Costco. Freeze those and get my milk, eggs, weekly produce from Freshco. Amazon fills out my shopping for toiletries, baking and cleaning supplies.
Like a blind man at an orgy, I was going to have to feel my way through.
Apr 30, 2017
66 posts
17 upvotes
willdacanucker wrote:
May 19th, 2017 8:17 am
This. I supplement my Costco shopping with Amazon and FreshCo. I buy the bulk stuff, especially meats, breads, and cheese from Costco. Freeze those and get my milk, eggs, weekly produce from Freshco. Amazon fills out my shopping for toiletries, baking and cleaning supplies.
You are definitely smarter than me cause for the last 20+ years I was buying my eggs at Costco under the pretense that I was having a good deal. And if it was not out of curiosity that I weighed extra large eggs versus large eggs a few weeks ago, I would still be paying a 30% premium for 2 grams. There is no denying that Costco might have the cheapest extra large eggs in town, but paying 30% more in order to get eggs weighing 64 grams instead of 62 grams is insane, lol! ;)
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel