Shopping Discussion

do you guys think a costco membership is worth it or should i keep going food basics/nofrills

• Last Updated:
  • May 19th, 2017 8:17 am
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2008
7335 posts
1208 upvotes
death_hawk wrote:
May 9th, 2017 6:24 pm

Sure. If you have a membership.
Anyone can order from costco.ca. So I don't see why one would need a membership to buy the gift card and ship them to the address, then go with it to a store.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
18060 posts
4660 upvotes
I'm probably going to cut them tonight.
They're finally ripe.
Maybe over ripe.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
18060 posts
4660 upvotes
Messerschmitt wrote:
May 9th, 2017 9:44 pm
Anyone can order from costco.ca. So I don't see why one would need a membership to buy the gift card and ship them to the address, then go with it to a store.
You didn't look very hard.

You must be a Costco member to purchase Costco Cash Cards (online or at the warehouse).

https://www.costco.ca/Costco-Cash-Card.product.10284381.html
Dec 6, 2010
324 posts
29 upvotes
Costco is worth it in my opinion, I pretty much buy everything from there now because it offers me the best value - Tires, Toilet Papers, TV, Shoes, Clothes, Milk, Paper Towels, Toothbrush, Moisturizing creams, Gillette Shaving blades and the list goes on

I have executive membership for the family of 3 and still works out for me just fine. I have never paid for membership out of my pocket, i just use my aeroplan points :)
Nov 7, 2012
595 posts
199 upvotes
TORONTO
Ok so this thread is pretty polarizing. One side says 'yes' its worth it and the other side says 'hell no' you can find things cheaper.

IMO, I feel it is worth it. I was initially weary of getting one but then they had some promo at my work where I got a $30 cash back for signing up. I eventually got a Costco Mastercard and that was the beginning of a now 4 year relationship.

That being said, can any of you naysayers give me good reasons why I should ditch the membership? I'm going to briefly list a few things that I find valuable shopping here. If you can convince me that I can find better otherwise then I will ditch the membership.

A little background before I dig in. I live in the GTA(ajax) and work in Scarborough. Access to Costco is a 10 min drive from either location. Both locations have gas bars. Ajax location is ALWAYS busy on the weekend. The Scarborough location is ALWAYS busy(busiest in Canada/NA?) . Again access is easy for me and my wife, no kids and two animals.

1. Gas = I drive an older model Lexus and feel 91 octane as suggested by the manufacturer to be optimal for my car. Average price of 91 octane at Costco $1.10. Average price of 91 octane at any local(Ajax) gas stations is around $1.25. On average my car uses a tank and half every week (61L) which averages $66 a tank at Costco and $76 at any other gas station. Ok, so lets get down to the dirty, the line ups. I personally am able to hit up the Scarborough location at around 7AM which has an average of 4-5 cars ahead of me. This equates to about 10-15mins. The Ajax location averages the same but not at the same time frame. The Ajax location has next to no one when I pass by at 645AM and would have 3-4 ahead of me at rush hour, which is the time I arrive back in the hood. So I'm not spending excessive amounts of time filling up.
2. Toiletries = TP, Paper towels & razors. My wife and I have refused to use any other brand of paper towel than Bounty & kirkland. We wait for them to go on sale but even then, to us is still cheaper. TP Kirkland brand, again bulk to us is cheaper and the quality is good. Gillette razors, I buy a 52 pack for around $33. This last me over a year. I used to buy gillette razors from SD for a 5-6 pack razor replacement for like $8.99(on sale).
3. Food = we do not do all our groceries at Costco but lb for lb offers the best value in regards to quality and price. Ground beef & chicken (breast or cuts) are always a go to. Even the 3 pack of bacon seems cheaper. When we have the grill going the AAA cuts are again our go to, which is like $30 for 3 large strips. We used to buy 'good' cuts from friendly butcher/mcewans... but $$$$. We still find the Costco AAA beef the best. Certain vegetables often seem a lot better at Costco as well. Asparagus & brussel sprouts come to mind, along with zucchini, cucumbers & sometimes their fruit. Dairy like natrel lactose free milk is always $1-1.50 less than most grocery stores. Eggs are usually cheaper as well.
4. Random house decor/supplies = From garage stuff to plants and seasonal stuff like wreaths are always cheaper. I was sad last month that I had to toss the $17 xmas wreath. It was still green. The same style of wreath was like $30+ at RCSS and this was at peak xmas season.

Those are just a few things that we feel make it worth it. Obviously it's different for every person/family. But buying bulk on most items saves my wife and I money in the long run. And lastly, lets not forget the insane return policy.

So again, naysayers, give me a reason to ditch my membership.
Oct 15, 2014
143 posts
26 upvotes
I get my tires changed over at the beginning and end of winter at less than half the place I used to go to. That alone saves me the price of the membership.

My prescriptions are for some reason half the price of other pharmacies.

The other occasional sales all add up together to save me more than what I fork out for membership. Plus I like staff at Costco, for some reason.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
3586 posts
1116 upvotes
Toiletries I do at Shoppers when things are on sale and I can earn/redeem points. I'm honestly getting 36% back in points so I could not give that up. Razors are the kind of thing that I buy with points so I wait until they are on sale, and just pay the tax. I earn my big points at Shoppers on milk so it's my dairy habit that is paying for shaves here.

Food: anything in a box or can, baking supplies, that sort of thing I order in from Walmart. Vegetables I buy at the discount chains. Costco would replace Zehrs for me where I buy meat, fancy condiments, fancy cheese, dried fruit and other bigger ticket items. This is only 25% of my budget though and no where near the executive $5,500 break even point with 2% cash back. If I shopped at Costco the AAA beef, thick steaks etc. would be a change in lifestyle and totally jack my bill. Plus I am getting 15% back in PC points at Zehrs so I wouldn't want to give that up either.

Clothing: I'd consider underwear, socks, 3-pk yoga pants, that kind of thing. Not into Kirkland style or a lot of the brands Costco carries so no deal on clothes. Would replace Walmart - but couldn't, because Walmart delivers free.

Random house decor/supplies: I've gotten some truly unique stuff off of AliExpress. For plants we are seed-saving and trading and I am a hardware store slut: I like to go to all of them and see what is happening. For sports memorabilia/decor (Leafs here) Walmart, Amazon and Canadian Tire clearances. We don't need furniture...my buddy likes to build things anyway. Need wood, screws, stain, primer, other finishes instead --> hardware stores. I am 5 mins from a big box centre with Canadian Tire, Lowes, Rona, Home Depot...we do the rounds.

Electronics: I enjoy shopping for these so I check out alllll the stores. Right now we have one of everything useful and nothing's out of date yet.

Housewares: Again, we sort of have one of everything we need. The most recent thing in the category that I have bought was aluminum baking pans off of AliExpress. Next thing I am likely to buy is more of the same.

Bottom line is if I had the money I would get a Costco membership just for BBQ season. Then I would also consider a butcher or Sobeys though.
Feb 7, 2017
997 posts
525 upvotes
We are empty nesters, pushing retirement. So our spending habits tend to be at opposite ends of most folks... We spend money where and how we choose to, sometimes without what appears a lot of encumberances (Vacations, Dining Out, Entertainment / Entertaining). But at the same time WHATEVER we buy WHEREVER we have done comparative shopping to get the best bang for our buck, and keep growing our savings.

So like others here on RFD we are keen to do our homework (via flyers & websites) & shop around.

We are educated loyalty program users... Which accounts for a good return on what we do spend, and gives the appearance that we are spending even more.

AirMiles seeds our far flung adventures, along with our Hotel & Gas loyalty programs.
PC Plus supplements our Grocery & Home Entertaining budgets.
Shoppers Optimum keeps us in OTC stuff, Personal Care & Beauty, and some cleaning supplies (also has bought us a few electronics)

Costco is our go to for bulk buys on Fish & Meats, Spices, Junk Food and some Condiments. We occasionally buy some clothing items there (Socks, Undies, Sweaters, Featured Shoes). It can be a good source for Books & Magazines (high turnaround / short shelf life in the store) as well as DVDs, CDs, and Discounted Gift Cards. If you know your prices, value can be found in Housewares, Cleaning Supplies, Paper Products and Health & Beauty (but it is Buyer Beware... Cause not everything is a deal just because you got it at Costco!)

Our best deals for sure have been found in Ink Jet Cartridges & Refills, Tires, Seasonal, Garden & larger items (especially on-line *).

Gas is also a bargain, but not if you have to make a special trip to get there, or sit in a long line waiting your turn (my time & peace of mind / low frustration is worth something too).

We spend a few hundred dollars a month at Costco (visit about once a month). But not enough to say it is our major supplier, or enough to qualify for one of the Cash Back Costco Memberships.

As a small family unit (so don't need multi-paks of goods) and having a wide assortment of Retailers in our area, considering most have Loyalty Programs and lots of choice when it comes to products (a downside to Costco... Just 1 or 2 brands of one thing) by price watching and shopping / stocking up when things are on sale, we do far better overall on our monthly shopping by not just relying on Costco alone.

As always, truly believe that when it comes to the marketplace & personal finances / spending habits YMMV as it is not a "one size fits all" situation.

* Anyone can shop Costco On-line... No Membership needed.

ADD - Best thing I learned about Costco, was info I got here on RFD in regards to the $ 0.97 and Asterisk notes on their Pricing Signage. Now I can zip thru Costco in no time at all... And know I am not overspending on things that may not be a good buy or just impulse purchases.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
18060 posts
4660 upvotes
akswun wrote:
May 10th, 2017 11:15 am
That being said, can any of you naysayers give me good reasons why I should ditch the membership? I'm going to briefly list a few things that I find valuable shopping here. If you can convince me that I can find better otherwise then I will ditch the membership.
@lecale in this thread is about the only person that's actually listed more than one or two things out of all the Costco threads I've seen on here.

So again, naysayers, give me a reason to ditch my membership.
I've never understood this thought process either.
For one, why not both?
There's no reason to not shop there when it's cheaper and no reason to shop there when it isn't (and it's not "better")
Besides... it's not like you can do 100% of your shopping there. They lack A LOT of things. Or they'll have them for 15 minutes then pull them.

lecale wrote:
May 10th, 2017 2:07 pm
Toiletries I do at Shoppers when things are on sale and I can earn/redeem points. I'm honestly getting 36% back in points so I could not give that up. Razors are the kind of thing that I buy with points so I wait until they are on sale, and just pay the tax.
Is it actually that high? Also are sales bringing down prices to below what Costco sells?
(Serious question, I've never looked at the price of razors since I barely have any facial hair. A 16 pack of blades would last me like a decade.
I earn my big points at Shoppers on milk so it's my dairy habit that is paying for shaves here.

What does dairy cost? Specificially 4% (or 3.5% or whatever homo is nowadays) and 33% cream.
Those are the only 2 things I buy in terms of dairy.
Oh and butter.
I only really look at RCSS and those items (maybe not milk) are $2-3 more than Costco.
Hell cream is damn near double.

anything in a box or can, baking supplies, that sort of thing I order in from Walmart.

Really? I mean... you're the guy posting deals on meats in that other thread, so you for sure know your pricing.
Maybe I'm just shopping at the wrong time because canned goods are almost always more money. But I never see them on sale (mostly because I don't look)
Vegetables I buy at the discount chains.

There's no way to beat this.
But to be fair, Costco isn't even cheapest compared to regular grocery stores.
Plus I am getting 15% back in PC points at Zehrs so I wouldn't want to give that up either.
I have no idea where Zehrs stands on the ranking of quality, but is 15% actually saving you money?
Then again... meats is another weird thing in Costco. It's rarely cheapest. The only thing cheaper I can think of offhand is ground meats.
Not to mention a terrible selection. If you eat the "good" cuts you'll do fine. But they don't have any of the actual good cuts that are delicious but harder to cook.
Clothing: I'd consider underwear, socks, 3-pk yoga pants, that kind of thing. Not into Kirkland style or a lot of the brands Costco carries so no deal on clothes. Would replace Walmart - but couldn't, because Walmart delivers free.
Having worn Walmart clothing I would easily pay more at Costco.
Their undershirts for example are $4 each (in a pack of 4) They're thick and luxurious. Compare that to the junk at Walmart.
Underwear I buy at Amazon though because it's cheaper than Walmart.
Socks are from costco. I'm going on like 5 years with my current batch. (I only buy socks like every other year) I tried that with Walmart once and they fell apart in less than a year.
Housewares: Again, we sort of have one of everything we need. The most recent thing in the category that I have bought was aluminum baking pans off of AliExpress. Next thing I am likely to buy is more of the same.
How much are like half sheets?
I only mention this because the costco business has half sheets for stupidly cheap (something like $5 I think)

Bottom line is if I had the money I would get a Costco membership just for BBQ season. Then I would also consider a butcher or Sobeys though.
Ok that surprises me because Costco BBQs are mostly Chinese junk.
Apparently stuff like those fancy wood/resin chairs are a steal though.
Jun 9, 2015
141 posts
42 upvotes
when do Costco sends the 2% cashback cheque? i became their member in Sept 2016.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
3586 posts
1116 upvotes
death_hawk wrote:
May 10th, 2017 5:06 pm
Is it actually that high? Also are sales bringing down prices to below what Costco sells?
(Serious question, I've never looked at the price of razors since I barely have any facial hair. A 16 pack of blades would last me like a decade.
I've been buying the Gillette Fusion Proglide 8's and I know they go down to $29.99, but you have to beat people to them. I just paid $39.99 in points (reg price at Walmart), but I had a coupon that got me a can of Gillette Hydragel when I bought the blades so it was $6.85 for both. I ended up paying a bit more tax and maybe I squandered some points but it sure felt cheaper than Costco.

So far this year I have spent $503 cash; earned and redeemed $175, and I have $8 in my kitty. So I am getting 36% back and I know I could do better if I redeemed at higher tiers and made sure I used an offer every time I shopped (sometimes I only get base points).
death_hawk wrote:

What does dairy cost? Specificially 4% (or 3.5% or whatever homo is nowadays) and 33% cream.
Those are the only 2 things I buy in terms of dairy.
Oh and butter.
I only really look at RCSS and those items (maybe not milk) are $2-3 more than Costco.
Hell cream is damn near double.
Regular milk is $4.27 for skim-2% and $5.99 for homo (vs. $4.27 and $5.17 everywhere else). If you get a food offer and 20X milk offer though you can make 40X points on it ($4.27 = 1,600 pts worth $2.72 to me. I tend to redeem at lower tiers so my actual personal value for 1,000 pts is $1.70...you can do much better if you do bigger redemptions).

Cream, they used to offer very competitive prices 2,3,4 years ago or so but now, naw.

Butter, they have No Name for $2.99; eggs as low as $1.77/dz. 2kg flour $2. Odd delights like Unico kalamata olives 2/$5. Grocery markdowns on Tuesdays.

I drink a ton of 1% so the milk thing works for me.
death_hawk wrote:
Really? I mean... you're the guy posting deals on meats in that other thread, so you for sure know your pricing.
Maybe I'm just shopping at the wrong time because canned goods are almost always more money. But I never see them on sale (mostly because I don't look)
There's only a few things I need in cans like corn, tomato paste. I watch for a sale and buy a dozen cans and have them shipped and then don't worry about it for months. Half-dozen boxes of salt at $.77, 250g Great Value pepper for $5, bulk garbage bags, 4L vinegar and 3L oil (on sale), 2kg sugar (but not since they jacked the price for online orders only), all the heavy stuff I don't want to lug home or want in bulk.
death_hawk wrote:

I have no idea where Zehrs stands on the ranking of quality, but is 15% actually saving you money?
Then again... meats is another weird thing in Costco. It's rarely cheapest. The only thing cheaper I can think of offhand is ground meats.
Not to mention a terrible selection. If you eat the "good" cuts you'll do fine. But they don't have any of the actual good cuts that are delicious but harder to cook.
Yup, Zehrs/Loblaws regularly made a showing in the cheap meats list, mostly for cheap chicken breasts/thighs and beef roasts, pork chops. I also get points at their discount chain, No Frills...I generally earn points on my pricey stuff at Zehrs and spend them at the discount chain on cheap vegetables, rice, pasta, potatoes.
death_hawk wrote:
Having worn Walmart clothing I would easily pay more at Costco.
Their undershirts for example are $4 each (in a pack of 4) They're thick and luxurious. Compare that to the junk at Walmart.
Underwear I buy at Amazon though because it's cheaper than Walmart.
Socks are from costco. I'm going on like 5 years with my current batch. (I only buy socks like every other year) I tried that with Walmart once and they fell apart in less than a year.
Yeah, your right, my current socks came from sears. My underwear is from Walmart (Fruit of the Loom) and next batch I vow to pick better. I need a place that will give me a deal on 20-25 pairs at once, because that's the way I like to buy.
death_hawk wrote:
How much are like half sheets?
I only mention this because the costco business has half sheets for stupidly cheap (something like $5 I think)
I am buying weird loaf sizes on AliExpress. For standard North American stuff I would hit the Michaels with a 40-50% off coupon and check out their Celebrate It! by Wilton line. It's solid aluminum. I think that is is best easy-access price outside of Costco.
death_hawk wrote:
Ok that surprises me because Costco BBQs are mostly Chinese junk.
Apparently stuff like those fancy wood/resin chairs are a steal though.
Oh no, the meat for the BBQ! I would go for the meat.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
18060 posts
4660 upvotes
lecale wrote:
May 10th, 2017 6:16 pm
I've been buying the Gillette Fusion Proglide 8's and I know they go down to $29.99, but you have to beat people to them. I just paid $39.99 in points (reg price at Walmart), but I had a coupon that got me a can of Gillette Hydragel when I bought the blades so it was $6.85 for both. I ended up paying a bit more tax and maybe I squandered some points but it sure felt cheaper than Costco.

So far this year I have spent $503 cash; earned and redeemed $175, and I have $8 in my kitty. So I am getting 36% back and I know I could do better if I redeemed at higher tiers and made sure I used an offer every time I shopped (sometimes I only get base points).
I'm waiting on a sale at Costco for blades. I haven't seen it in quite a long time.
I'm not even sure the blades go on sale to be honest because I've seen the razor kits go a bunch of times.
So the benchmark is $3.75/blade it looks like.
I'm not going to count "gifts" because I use a different shaving cream. If you don't care, then yeah it should count.

Regular milk is $4.27 for skim-2% and $5.99 for homo (vs. $4.27 and $5.17 everywhere else). If you get a food offer and 20X milk offer though you can make 40X points on it ($4.27 = 1,600 pts worth $2.72 to me. I tend to redeem at lower tiers so my actual personal value for 1,000 pts is $1.70...you can do much better if you do bigger redemptions).
I understood some of those words lol.
So what's the out the door price for milk assuming best possible redemption?
Also how often does it come around? A fire sale isn't useful if it's only once a quarter because most people drink milk more than that.
I wonder what the yearly running average is.
Cream, they used to offer very competitive prices 2,3,4 years ago or so but now, naw.
I swear it's the low fat movement.
Cream went from 40% to damn near 30% and has gone up in price.
Costco seems to be the last bastion of cream at just over $3/L
Superstore sells for damn near $6.
Butter, they have No Name for $2.99; eggs as low as $1.77/dz. 2kg flour $2. Odd delights like Unico kalamata olives 2/$5. Grocery markdowns on Tuesdays.
How often?
I think butter is $3 and change at Costco all year round.
Eggs you can't really easily compare because it's a dozen vs like 30.
Flour I swear is cheaper than that in bulk (but everything is...)
Again, seeing a rolling average might be nice because I need butter once a week not once a quarter.
But as my previous argument, there's no reason I can't shop around.

There's only a few things I need in cans like corn, tomato paste. I watch for a sale and buy a dozen cans and have them shipped and then don't worry about it for months.

WTF? Corn?
WHY?
Tomato products I can understand.
Plus there's not a whole lot of "common" ground between Costco and a grocery store in terms of canned goods.
For example Coconut milk isn't available at Costco.
Half-dozen boxes of salt at $.77,

How much salt do you go through?
It might be cheaper for you to buy a 20kg sack for like $5ish dollars.
Since you're buying by the half dozen, it'd work out to cheaper.
250g Great Value pepper for $5,

$20/kg? That isn't that good I don't think, especially when it's just black.
bulk garbage bags,

I mean... I'm weird and use a
so I can't really comment.

I wonder how the quality stacks up?
I've never had a "regular" (ie not caused by me) rip in most of my bags.
Only when I'm forcing sharp objects into the can do I ever rip them.
4L vinegar and 3L oil (on sale), 2kg sugar (but not since they jacked the price for online orders only), all the heavy stuff I don't want to lug home or want in bulk.
Vinegar only comes in a pair of 4L jugs at Costco which is kind of ridiculous.
But I'm mildly certain that it's cheaper than RCSS anyway.

Oil (especially sale vs sale) I don't think is actually cheaper.
Granted... I only buy large units so I'm not one to really comment properly.
But 20L jugs are cheaper at Costco vs RCSS.
Avocado is also cheaper.
Olive I'm not too sure about but I'm pretty sure is too.

My underwear is from Walmart (Fruit of the Loom) and next batch I vow to pick better.
You don't like Fruit of the Loom?
I have their knit boxers https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B013DNEKV0/ and quite like them.
They were $20 a while ago but now they're $25.
Last time I was at Walmart (during the same time frame) a 3 pack was like $17.
It looks like Walmart is actually cheaper than Amazon today though. They're $20 there compared to $25.
Oh no, the meat for the BBQ! I would go for the meat.
Oh..
That actually still surprises me. Stupid mechanical tenderization....
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
3586 posts
1116 upvotes
death_hawk wrote:
May 10th, 2017 6:54 pm
So what's the out the door price for milk assuming best possible redemption?
No tax on milk so you can get it 100% free. At best redemption levels 1,000 pts is worth over $2.00.
death_hawk wrote:
Also how often does it come around? A fire sale isn't useful if it's only once a quarter because most people drink milk more than that.
I wonder what the yearly running average is.
I get 20X on milk every single week, so 800 pts on $4.27 worth about $1.36 to me...if I also get "2k on $10 candy and snack" or "4k on $20 food and snack" I get 40X and $2.76 in points because some offers stack. I often buy 3-4 bags of milk at a time and I usually get the food/candy offer one day each week. SDM gets to pick the date I buy milk and I just go when everything lines up. Now, I have a convenience store directly across the street that sells 1% for $5.99. I could always cave, but I never do. This milk dealing is too lucrative.
death_hawk wrote:
How often?
I think butter is $3 and change at Costco all year round.
Eggs you can't really easily compare because it's a dozen vs like 30.
Flour I swear is cheaper than that in bulk (but everything is...)
Again, seeing a rolling average might be nice because I need butter once a week not once a quarter.
But as my previous argument, there's no reason I can't shop around.
Butter is at $ every 2-3 weeks I'd guess...just buy ahead. 30 eggs at $1.77/dz is $4.42. Flour is cheaper in 10kg bags but if you don't use it up fast enough it picks up smells.

The key to getting into the Optimum program is having a list of products and the prices you would buy at, and watching the flyer. SDM has Canadian Tire style prices where everything is too dear but then they have sales that undercut competitors. The best deal is going to happen only once or twice in a week, so you have to go on that day. There are usually minimum spending limits, so you need a list ready, and you need to be willing to stock up and buy two of something sometimes. They are very coupon-positive though and coupons count as cash in the system. If you look at this as a game rather than a frustration, you'll do well. You'll need to create a spreadsheet to score yourself and see if you are winning or not, however you define that. It's a bit of an open-ended game. My goal is to pay as little in cash as possible. I'm willing to pay Walmart full price during redemptions though.
death_hawk wrote:
Plus there's not a whole lot of "common" ground between Costco and a grocery store in terms of canned goods.
For example Coconut milk isn't available at Costco.
I buy Grace < $1 at No Frills and there are PC Plus points offers for it. One of the things I buy from a Loblaw banner, anyway, because of price + offers. I always put out of pocket cost ahead of points when making purchasing decisions. I won't pay for points; I'll just chose the cheaper store.
death_hawk wrote:
How much salt do you go through?
It might be cheaper for you to buy a 20kg sack for like $5ish dollars.
Since you're buying by the half dozen, it'd work out to cheaper.
I like having sealed up little containers instead of one big open bag. We are just 2 here; having big containers of things open and oxidizing for a year or more is an issue for us.
death_hawk wrote:
$20/kg? That isn't that good I don't think, especially when it's just black.
haha, it's up to you now to find a better price. Great Value is supplied by McCormicks, I believe. I don't really have a problem with it and the prices are pretty reasonable. It's high turnover so I've never gotten stale stuff.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
3586 posts
1116 upvotes
death_hawk wrote:
I'm waiting on a sale at Costco for blades. I haven't seen it in quite a long time.
I'm not even sure the blades go on sale to be honest because I've seen the razor kits go a bunch of times.
So the benchmark is $3.75/blade it looks like.
Just to add, Costco Online has the Gillette Fusion (NOT Proglide, so a little skimpy on the soap strip) blades at 18 for $66.99 so $3.72/blade. Basically the same price as SDM on sale but a slightly inferior product.
https://www.costco.ca/Gillette-Fusion-M ... LgjBeaLDDk
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
18060 posts
4660 upvotes
I think that's cheaper in store.
I don't remember the price though.

If someone goes to Costco in the next little while, take note of how much those blades are.
Also the black peppercorns in the grinder. I'm sure we can beat $20/kg.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)