• Sep 19th, 2008 12:45 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Nov 12, 2004
432 posts
13 upvotes

Do you know of a place like this...

Does anyone know if there is an equivalent service such as this site below that is located in Canada or Toronto area:

http://www.mpix.com/

I like the services but not enough to pay the $15.95 shipping charges. Thanks.
9 replies
[OP]
Nov 12, 2004
432 posts
13 upvotes
I'm looking for a place that has more professional looking products.
Does Kodak even do the framing like MPIX.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2002
2849 posts
124 upvotes
Markham
XXXmen wrote:
Sep 18th, 2008 8:27 am
Does anyone know if there is an equivalent service such as this site below that is located in Canada or Toronto area:

http://www.mpix.com/

I like the services but not enough to pay the $15.95 shipping charges. Thanks.
What exactly are looking to have done?
MPIX does a lot of stuff, form puzzles to mugs, to metallic prints, to framing...
Dec 31, 1969
XXXmen wrote:
Sep 19th, 2008 9:51 am
I'm looking for a place that has more professional looking products.
Does Kodak even do the framing like MPIX.
I looked about six months ago and couldn't find anything to match what MPIX does. I just use MPIX through my site now directly, my clients get to eat the cost of shipping. :o
[OP]
Nov 12, 2004
432 posts
13 upvotes
SENSEI wrote:
Sep 19th, 2008 11:16 am
What exactly are looking to have done?
MPIX does a lot of stuff, form puzzles to mugs, to metallic prints, to framing...
I was looking to get framing done of digital artwork with a matte border.
And also looking for a place to print a digital image like a camera raw or .tiff file unto a textured surface.

Do you guys know of a place?
[OP]
Nov 12, 2004
432 posts
13 upvotes
selpats wrote:
Sep 19th, 2008 11:47 am
I looked about six months ago and couldn't find anything to match what MPIX does. I just use MPIX through my site now directly, my clients get to eat the cost of shipping. :o
Is there a way to link MPIX site to your site without showing the cost? Or do you enable the client to see the prices anyways?
Dec 31, 1969
XXXmen wrote:
Sep 19th, 2008 12:34 pm
I was looking to get framing done of digital artwork with a matte border.
And also looking for a place to print a digital image like a camera raw or .tiff file unto a textured surface.

Do you guys know of a place?
So are you looking to get something done on canvas? Have you tried any of your local professional print shops?

BTW - I don't know why you would want to print a raw file? TIFF or PSD is the way to go...
Dec 31, 1969
XXXmen wrote:
Sep 19th, 2008 12:36 pm
Is there a way to link MPIX site to your site without showing the cost? Or do you enable the client to see the prices anyways?
I have my site linking to a Zenfolio Premium gallery so yes, the prices I pay are hidden from my clients, they only see the price I have set.