• Last Updated:
  • May 21st, 2011 11:07 am
Tags:
None

Poll: Do you like IKEA?

• Total votes: 0. You have voted on this poll.
[OP]
Apr 12, 2008
559 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto

Do You Like IKEA?

I went to the IKEA store in Burlington yesterday for the first time to buy a desk table for my new 27" iMac. I was surprised at how many good quality displays they had and the overall setup the store (no wonder the IKEA founders are billionaires).

Their restaurant and snack bar have RFD prices :lol: (75 cent ice cream cones, 50 cent cinnamon rolls and 50 cent pop with unlimited refills).

I bought this nice glass table (made in Germany). Here's how it looks (this pic was found online...)

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/SQBps.png[/IMG]

The setup was a B@%^# and we had to deliver it ourselves so I can see why people hate this store. Also, why can't they put a price on the entire display instead of having everything separate. A small plastic flower and small vase does NOT have to be priced separately.

I'm kinda interested to know what you think about IKEA.
50 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2006
3831 posts
68 upvotes
mod_it wrote:
May 13th, 2011 3:55 pm
I went to the IKEA store in Burlington yesterday for the first time to buy a desk table for my new 27" iMac. I was surprised at how many good quality displays they had and the overall setup the store (no wonder the IKEA founders are billionaires).

Their restaurant and snack bar have RFD prices :lol: (75 cent ice cream cones, 50 cent cinnamon rolls and 50 cent pop with unlimited refills).

I bought this nice glass table (made in Germany). Here's how it looks (this pic was found online...)

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/SQBps.png[/IMG]

The setup was a B@%^# and we had to deliver it ourselves so I can see why people hate this store. Also, why can't they put a price on the entire display instead of having everything separate. A small plastic flower and small vase does NOT have to be priced separately.

I'm kinda interested to know what you think about IKEA.

Careful now, certain RFD members (or maybe just one) might report you for "swearing", or "masking a swear word". ;)

Anyway, I heart IKEA so much. Furniture and food-wise. My place is furnished by IKEA almost exclusively. Also love their Monday-Thursday $2.99 15pc meatball meal!
You're not funny.
Deal Expert
Sep 3, 2007
15992 posts
375 upvotes
It's a nice place to go, there's so many cool stuff for your house.

But I go there for the ice cream and hot dog :lol:
Deal Guru
Sep 14, 2003
10380 posts
223 upvotes
Mississauga
I love Ikea, but I wish their furniture was studier/better quality. They used to be a long time ago: cheap, well designed and sturdy. Everything nowadays is either flimsy particle board or held together by cheap dowels. I guess I can't complain too much - the furniture is practically disposable.

Still, immaculately run stores, well laid out, and who can complain for 50 cent dogs on the way out!
4chan melts your brain.
Deal Guru
May 14, 2007
14921 posts
1887 upvotes
Scarborough / Markha…
dragon_drift wrote:
May 13th, 2011 4:00 pm
It's a nice place to go, there's so many cool stuff for your house.

But I go there for the ice cream and hot dog :lol:

+1 lol and look out for cool furniture.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2008
2711 posts
477 upvotes
Agree that Ikea's food court is decent. I think they have like 99 cent breakfasts or something.

I usually go to Ikea if I have to purchase small household furniture. I usually avoid them for bigger purchases because 1) I can never assemble them flawlessly and 2) The quality doesn't seem to be as good (partly stemming from my lack of assembly skills)
Deal Guru
Dec 31, 2005
13306 posts
729 upvotes
No I hate it...absolutely hate it. We always end up yelling at each other or the kids when we are there. It is just evil incarnate.

That being said, we do go there to buy cheap and cheerful furniture for bedrooms or bookshelves (we have 6 billy bookcases).

Food is ok....good deal for kids if you are there on the right day (15 meatball dinner for 4 or 5 dollars is great for our son). But the rest is ok at best.

Our kitchen is Ikea too....Quick and easy kitchen for under 10k. We have seen many far more expensive kitchens that don' look half as nice.
Jan 7, 2011
372 posts
12 upvotes
Well engineered, low-cost, and everything always fits nicely, but everything is so plain and you have to like pine or beechwood.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2003
15541 posts
973 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Luv it to death! Actually rather excited that the "Ikea coming to Niagara" rumour is flying again, with the location said to be not far from my house, LOL!
Thinking seriously about the 4 S's...Sun, Sand, Surf and ... Booked for Sept in Mexico and booked Samana DR for Jan!
May 14, 2010
560 posts
80 upvotes
Mississauga
I voted no.
I like some of the decor stuff and don't like the furniture
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
8800 posts
2200 upvotes
London
CSK'sMom wrote:
May 13th, 2011 4:28 pm
Luv it to death! Actually rather excited that the "Ikea coming to Niagara" rumour is flying again, with the location said to be not far from my house, LOL!

I heard the same thing about London!
Mar 3, 2008
602 posts
261 upvotes
I like going there to look around and eat the cheap food.
Think much, speak little, write less.