• Last Updated:
  • May 21st, 2011 11:07 am
Tags:
None

Poll: Do you like IKEA?

• Total votes: 0. You have voted on this poll.
Deal Guru
Mar 25, 2003
13741 posts
2870 upvotes
Markham
moulamou wrote:
May 17th, 2011 5:18 pm
There are 3 in the GTA but they are still far enough from each other to be packed all the time. I wish they would make one around Aurora to accomodate the york region crowd. Last time i read the sign which was recently, york region's population was somewhere around 1.1 million plus Toronto's population of around 2.7 million.

That's 3 stores for a population of around 4 million and i don't know many people that haven't been to ikea.

I agree that they need stores in your area, I also think they need to build more stores all across Canada. Maybe they should consider a smaller yet still large store for less populated areas.
In Markham would be Better. :)

I like going to the As is department lol
96TB Mediasonic H82-SU3S2 / 72TB Raid 50 on Mediasonic H8R2-SU3S2
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2010
1995 posts
515 upvotes
I wish there was an Ikea in the Maritimes... I looked on their website for some bedside tables... $60 for the table, $30 to ship it to New Brunswick.
I died.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
2080 posts
338 upvotes
luda07 wrote:
May 16th, 2011 11:43 am
Are you serious? Wow.....

Yes I am?

Let me see you try to spin this into me saying something offensive. Can't wait.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2006
6219 posts
201 upvotes
moulamou wrote:
May 17th, 2011 5:18 pm
There are 3 in the GTA but they are still far enough from each other to be packed all the time. I wish they would make one around Aurora to accomodate the york region crowd. Last time i read the sign which was recently, york region's population was somewhere around 1.1 million plus Toronto's population of around 2.7 million.

That's 3 stores for a population of around 4 million and i don't know many people that haven't been to ikea.

I agree that they need stores in your area, I also think they need to build more stores all across Canada. Maybe they should consider a smaller yet still large store for less populated areas.

York region has an Ikea. I don't think they need another. Plus, I had to crack out google maps to find out where the hell Aurora is. I'm pretty confident that Aurora will not have an ikea in our lifetime :lol: Ikea also makes sure to place stores near public transit. I doubt Aurora is on par with the other stores yet.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 14, 2004
9410 posts
536 upvotes
Markham
jason9945 wrote:
May 18th, 2011 1:37 am
York region has an Ikea. I don't think they need another. Plus, I had to crack out google maps to find out where the hell Aurora is. I'm pretty confident that Aurora will not have an ikea in our lifetime :lol: Ikea also makes sure to place stores near public transit. I doubt Aurora is on par with the other stores yet.

All the GTA Ikea stores are essentially in suburban areas. The North York store is close to the subway, but I have no doubt that most customers are driving to the stores.
:lol: