• Apr 23rd, 2019 4:14 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Feb 16, 2016
496 posts
161 upvotes
Casselman, Ontario

Do you like your Blundstones? Worth it?

A bunch of coworkers are wearing them and they look very nice in my opinion. I’m due for some nice looking boots and I’m considering them. How do you like them? Are they worth the price? Tia!
17 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2011
1587 posts
271 upvotes
I like them, my son likes his too.

Based on his wear they do look like they'll last a while, he kills his other shoes and the Blundstones are doing well.
I dislike the front tabs on them, it makes them less wearable, imo. My wife would never wear them with a skirt to work because of this but she wears Docs everyday.
At the prices they want it's a stretch for me, my pair I was able to get discounted my $60 as it was end of stock.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2005
4892 posts
822 upvotes
They're made in China now and much worse in quality than when they were made in Australia.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
6524 posts
1364 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
mebiuspower wrote:
Mar 25th, 2019 8:07 am
They're made in China now and much worse in quality than when they were made in Australia.
I've been considering simple laceless boots to get to go along with my more stylish ones, if they aren't good anymore, then what are viable affordable alternatives?
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2005
4892 posts
822 upvotes
newt_101 wrote:
Mar 25th, 2019 10:04 am
I've been considering simple laceless boots to get to go along with my more stylish ones, if they aren't good anymore, then what are viable affordable alternatives?
They're called Chelsea boots. There are many other brands that make proper goodyear welt boots that will last instead of glued outsoles.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
6524 posts
1364 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
mebiuspower wrote:
Mar 25th, 2019 11:31 am
They're called Chelsea boots. There are many other brands that make proper goodyear welt boots that will last instead of glued outsoles.
Do you mind telling me the names of the brands I can consider please?
Oct 10, 2004
804 posts
134 upvotes
Winnipeg
I think you can do better than Blundstones, in terms of quality. In my opinion, the soles are garbage. I recently bought a pair of Canada West Romeos and the quality is significantly better and they're made in Canada too. You can check them out here.
[OP]
Feb 16, 2016
496 posts
161 upvotes
Casselman, Ontario
velomane wrote:
Mar 26th, 2019 8:53 am
I think you can do better than Blundstones, in terms of quality. In my opinion, the soles are garbage. I recently bought a pair of Canada West Romeos and the quality is significantly better and they're made in Canada too. You can check them out here.
Thanks! I’ll check them out. Is the price similar to Blundstones?
Oct 10, 2004
804 posts
134 upvotes
Winnipeg
Potrice wrote:
Mar 27th, 2019 6:17 am
Thanks! I’ll check them out. Is the price similar to Blundstones?
Sorry, I can't recall.
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2014
4606 posts
1679 upvotes
It's summer why do you want boots?
Aug 22, 2007
989 posts
47 upvotes
Blundstones are great and iconic. However, the soles aren't known to last very long. :( I have friends who went thru their soles in just 3 years or so of on-and-off wear.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2009
1431 posts
619 upvotes
bluewaker wrote:
Apr 18th, 2019 4:27 pm
Blundstones are great and iconic. However, the soles aren't known to last very long. :( I have friends who went thru their soles in just 3 years or so of on-and-off wear.
That's pretty good depending on what on-and-off consists of. (heel drag walking, mileage, etc)
Questions is can this be resoled?
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
1672 posts
400 upvotes
Toronto
I find Bludstones also have little arch support. I ended up getting a pair of Timberland’s. They look pretty much the same and has lasted me a couple of years and still going on strong.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
3056 posts
364 upvotes
Niagara Falls, ON
I wear a pair daily for work without fatigue and I'm not on the small size. Standing and walking at least 5 hours. Longevity is second to comfort and considering the amount of use I get, I'd say they're worth the price.

I'll try Great West next time to support a Canadian company.