Shopping Discussion

Do you think stores at Yorkdale customer service is getting worse?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 13th, 2018 1:21 am
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2015
1230 posts
582 upvotes
Vancouver

Do you think stores at Yorkdale customer service is getting worse?

Do you think Yorkdale stores customer service is getting worse compare to other mall? like back to few years ago

Shop or window shopping at Yorkdale 1-2 times a month and feel like the mainstream brand customer service is getting downward compare to other mall. Like Yorkdale Zara vs Eaton Zara or Yorkdale Holt Renfew vs Bloor one.

I understand it is a popular mall and some customer are demanding.

PS: I know some of them are also providing good service, and...its just a discussion not an argument post -.- relax guys...
I shopped at Eaton Center, Yorkdale, Markville and Fairview etc etc..it is just my "personal" opinion that some stores @ Yorkdale tend to be less friendlier
Last edited by a16107 on Jan 9th, 2018 11:53 am, edited 4 times in total.
9 replies
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
21265 posts
6248 upvotes
Poormond Hill
a16107 wrote: Do you think Yorkdale stores customer service is worse compare to other mall?

Shopped at Yorkdale 1-2 times a month and feel like most of the sales' customer service is getting downward. I understand it is a popular mall and some customer are demanding.

I see People are not happy to work there
There's your answer. If the customer doesn't get what they want, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram....etc
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2009
6029 posts
1391 upvotes
Toronto
I'm not privileged enough to shop there that often but your post seems vague. Hard to believe all stores in a shopping mall all have declining CS, you mean help with finding things you want or returns & exchanges? Busier during the holidays including first week of January perhaps? Are you basing this off of your 2 most recent experiences for your sample?
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
9295 posts
3156 upvotes
Mississauga
Most times customers make unreasonable demands and treat the customer service rudely, and when customer service refuses, they are seen as difficult or awful.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2006
1596 posts
541 upvotes
Toronto
What criteria are you using to evaluate customer service at yorkdale? What stores have you shopped at to come to this conclusion? You seem to be painting every store in there with the same brush which speaks more about you than the retailers there
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2015
2282 posts
874 upvotes
Kleinburg, ON.
superock wrote: What criteria are you using to evaluate customer service at yorkdale? What stores have you shopped at to come to this conclusion? You seem to be painting every store in there with the same brush which speaks more about you than the retailers there
I guess OP has shopped at every single store, all of them, each and every single one, corner to corner, at Yorkdale to come to this conclusion.
Mar 17, 2009
203 posts
98 upvotes
Mississauga
How do you even get into the mall to experience every single store there? The parking lot is the nastiest of any mall in the GTA.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2015
1230 posts
582 upvotes
Vancouver
JKKim2983 wrote: I guess OP has shopped at every single store, all of them, each and every single one, corner to corner, at Yorkdale to come to this conclusion.
yea and after few years

it was my favourite mall before
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27802 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Yorkdale is our favourite mall in the GTA...
Because it is sooo different from every other mall in Canada
It has a fair number of Retailers where this is their only store in Canada
We have been shopping at Yorkdale for DECADES
NEVER have we had an issue with any of the stores there..

In fact if anything we’ve found them extremely accommodating to “out of towners” when it comes to buying merchandise over the phone and having it shipped elsewhere in Canada

Which is AMAZING when several Retailers there have US ONLY based websites
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2015
2218 posts
1282 upvotes
Brampton, ON
I went to Yorkdale for the first time in my life last week and found it to be "meh". Nothing special about it expect a lot of high end stores you may not find at other malls. However, I was impressed with the cleanliness of it as well as the overall image and design of the mall.

Would I go there again? Probably not...I shop for nothing specific that I cannot find at Bramalea City Center or Square 1.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)