Entrepreneurship & Small Business

Do you think you can make money on ebay?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 4th, 2006 2:16 pm
Tags:
None

Poll: Do you think if you run your busniess on ebay you can make a Profit?

• Total votes: 0. You have voted on this poll.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2006
3150 posts
2246 upvotes

Do you think you can make money on ebay?

Do you think you can make money on [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=78]ebay[/rfdlink], like for example running a busniess on [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=78]ebay[/rfdlink]. Since [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=78]ebay[/rfdlink] has high fees and paypal fees. Do you think you can still make a profit.
18 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
1747 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto
Yes with the right product, and a good plan though (that said hasn't worked for me yet > :( )
Heat|e-Bay|RFD
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2001
2823 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
[rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=78]ebay[/rfdlink] is so saturated now.
there's little money to be made, especially with the increased fees.

plus it's a haven for getting rid of stolen stuff. So unless you steal and part out motorcycles for a living... :D
Hi5exposure Photography
http://www.hi5exposure.com
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
49009 posts
10302 upvotes
Richmond Hill
urameatball wrote:ebay is so saturated now.
there's little money to be made, especially with the increased fees.

plus it's a haven for getting rid of stolen stuff. So unless you steal and part out motorcycles for a living... :D
Totally agree. [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=78]eBay[/rfdlink] was meant to be getting rid of your basement stuff that you forgot how much you paid for already, so you wouldn't care how much you get back. For most of us RFDers, we probably remember what deal we got everything at from years back, lol.

The fees bascially the kill the deal. I could list on Craigslist and get more.
Tons of things for sale!
Silver Coins and Numismatics | Heatware
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2005
2986 posts
3 upvotes
Vancouver
Yes, if your product can be shipped in an envelope via regular mail.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
7534 posts
792 upvotes
Toronto
Of course. I make some nice coin on [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=78]eBay[/rfdlink] and manage to remain a Gold PowerSeller even amidst all their changes. You just have to sell suitably expensive items.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
49009 posts
10302 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Drew_W wrote:Of course. I make some nice coin on [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=78]eBay[/rfdlink] and manage to remain a Gold PowerSeller even amidst all their changes. You just have to sell suitably expensive items.
Or Made in China items.
Tons of things for sale!
Silver Coins and Numismatics | Heatware
Mar 20, 2006
141 posts
Yeh I think you can make mooney on [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=78]ebay[/rfdlink] running your biz. But when I say biz, I mean biz. I know a guy who sells phones on [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=78]ebay[/rfdlink] and he makes money from it. Note though that he makes most of his cash from corporate sales. The thing is you have to have a lot of products available, and either yourself or someone is on there selling and shipping etc. 24/7.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
7534 posts
792 upvotes
Toronto
Jon Lai wrote:Or Made in China items.
Only if you're IN China/HK.
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2006
2276 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
mikeroyal wrote:Yes selling Cars
I think people could make a BIG profit by preorder ps3's and sellin em on [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=78]ebay[/rfdlink]. I noe im gettin 2. One for me, and one to sell.
Sep 4, 2005
847 posts
15 upvotes
Yes. I KNOW I can make money on Ebay.. cause I do. Dont do it as much as before, but when I do, I usually make at least 40% on what I am selling. Must of the time its 2x or more.

eg. bought lappy for $5 at a garage sale. Fixed it up. Spent $40 on it. Sold for $130 USD 6 months later after using it.
Apr 5, 2005
360 posts
2 upvotes
Markham, Ontario
well, some people makes money on [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=78]ebay[/rfdlink] but not everyone does make money..since too much people are selling their stuff on [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=78]ebay[/rfdlink] and the u.s.a market is little slow right now, people does not bid as fierce as it were 2-3 years ago. Many items were getting less bids or unsold..
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2005
1399 posts
48 upvotes
If you really want to make money from [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=78]ebay[/rfdlink], start up your own shipping company, and try and get a exclusive contract with [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=78]ebay[/rfdlink]. Then you'll be rollin in it!!
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2006
4625 posts
1342 upvotes
i think it depends on your expectation of profit. making extra money off [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=78]ebay[/rfdlink] for a vacation or new toy is certainly different from earning your livelihood off [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=78]ebay[/rfdlink].
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2001
1049 posts
1 upvote
I have made enough money to goto Ireland, England, Vegas and just came back froma Alasaka Cruise. This all in the last 2-3 years
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2005
2838 posts
48 upvotes
If you find the right items and you can make a lot of money. I know a friend that does the garage sale circuits,,, and resells on [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=78]ebay[/rfdlink] and it pays for the anual family vacations!!

I have come across items at auctions and purchased the entire lot and resell on [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=78]ebay[/rfdlink] and made some good $.

whenever I have to buy something I go to [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=78]ebay[/rfdlink] first and quite often buy brand new stuff.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)