Food & Drink

Do You Wait in Line at Starbucks and Tim Hortons?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 14th, 2017 12:27 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
3347 posts
905 upvotes
Moncton
Did Starbucks modify their ordering process? I just noticed you can toggle pedestrian and car on the place order page, and then on the confirm order page the time it will take you to get there is next to your itemized price before you confirm your order.

I know that at Tim Hortons, you can place your order way ahead and if you choose pedestrian and arrive at the eta it will be ready as you walk in.
Toronto is a very small part of Canada
Nov 18, 2012
620 posts
214 upvotes
Longueuil
apnayloags wrote:
Oct 19th, 2017 4:55 pm
I avoid ALL of that and SAVE money, by bringing my tea/coffee in a thermos from home.
Don't need to go into those shops at all.

Is there an app for that, haha
You could cold brrew your coffee and bring concentrate to work with a bottle of distilled water.

Sell your coffee for 3.5$ a cup.

Teach these acid drinker what coffee is while making tons of money.

Tim hortons drinker are like prisoners that drink toilet wine when theres quality wine on top available at the cafeteria. Weirdos.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
3347 posts
905 upvotes
Moncton
rkt1337 wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 1:03 pm
You could cold brrew your coffee and bring concentrate to work with a bottle of distilled water.
Sell your coffee for 3.5$ a cup.
I’d recommend making a small batch. I had a job where we had free Tim Hortons brand brewed coffee and people would still get in their car in the dead of winter and drive five minutes to Tim Hortons for coffee, and only coffee.

Don’t forget getting away from the job/colleagues is part of the appeal.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2004
1231 posts
229 upvotes
Toronto
I haven't used the apps to order ahead. While I like the convenience of not waiting, I also don't like my food/drink to sit on the counter to get cold if they make it ahead of time.

At Starbucks I've seen them actually make it ahead of time, leave the drink on the counter and then I saw no less than 4 people come by, pick it up, sniff it, or tried to see if it was theirs by awkwardly looking at the printout sticker on the cup and then ended up spilling some of it.

I used Ritual on occasion to order coffee at Aroma but they seem to ignore the ritual orders or they forgot to make mine and when I got down there they acted like they didnt know what was up until I told them that I ordered through Ritual.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
3347 posts
905 upvotes
Moncton
gqbluez wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 12:38 am
At Starbucks I've seen them actually make it ahead of time, leave the drink on the counter and then I saw no less than 4 people come by, pick it up, sniff it, or tried to see if it was theirs by awkwardly looking at the printout sticker on the cup and then ended up spilling some of it.
Wow. Touching someone else’s drink is definitely bad etiquette/hygiene. I would assume they were being over-eager and then only realized after that they might have the wrong drink.

I remember my father wouldn’t go to a specific grocery store because the “poor people like to touch all the fruit”. Lol. Made me laugh as you really need to thoroughly wash your fruit anyway, but I have to admit seing someone touch 12 pears before picking one did raise my blood temperature. I didn’t ask her if she was poor.

The last few times I’ve used mobile order at both Starbucks and Tim Hortons I’ve had to ask for my drink sitting just out of reach of customers. Perhaps theft and bad manners have had an impact.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
3347 posts
905 upvotes
Moncton
Even Lethbridge Alberta has mobile order at McDonal’s !