Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26999 posts
4296 upvotes

Do your dri fits smell?

I've tried washing them 3 times already and my dri fit clothing still smells like a zoo.

Is there any way to get rid of the smell?
32 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
2084 posts
387 upvotes
wash them using the tide sport detergent, that's what i use for my gym clothes, and they don't smell

:) Love is too beautiful to be hidden in the closet ;)
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2007
2145 posts
352 upvotes
leave it outside to kill all the bacteria and then re-wash?

would you consider paying more for the silverescent (sp, the anti stink material) from Lululemon?
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2008
1759 posts
450 upvotes
North York
Hot water and some oxiclean for half an hour.
Jan 21, 2013
842 posts
309 upvotes
Toronto
Um. No? My dri-fit clothing do not smell...

Maybe let it air out before washing.
13:6W-365. 14:11W-2134. 15:10W-1749. 16:4W-8120. 17:11W-2797.49. 18:7W-200
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2008
1038 posts
90 upvotes
GTA
You're not using fabric softeners right?
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2005
1054 posts
309 upvotes
Toronto
Related question, do you hand or machine wash your dri fit clothing? Does the machine get them stink-free (and clean)? Any damage or increased wear and tear?
Intricated
Feb 3, 2015
970 posts
188 upvotes
Toronto
DJ_Peanuts22 wrote:
Mar 4th, 2015 9:42 am
I've tried washing them 3 times already and my dri fit clothing still smells like a zoo.

Is there any way to get rid of the smell?
Ive converted to anti stink tops from lululemon for all my gyn wear. Even my shorts used to smell so i took out the liner and problem solved. After many wears the clothes will start to stink. Especially when you keep using it for gyming all the time. Eventually bacteria wil take over and the shirt will be no good. Try sport suds. I use it for all my sport clothes.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 17, 2013
5120 posts
1489 upvotes
Montreal
Intricated wrote:
Mar 4th, 2015 11:38 pm
Related question, do you hand or machine wash your dri fit clothing? Does the machine get them stink-free (and clean)? Any damage or increased wear and tear?
I have never had my dri-fits stink after a wash, or show signs of wear and tear. My clothes receive more torture from the gym than the wash.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26999 posts
4296 upvotes
zyphere wrote:
Mar 4th, 2015 5:41 pm
You're not using fabric softeners right?
Nope just straight liquid detergent
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2008
1038 posts
90 upvotes
GTA
Ok, that also includes the sheets you can put in the dryer, I think those are no good for dri fit type fabric.

I've found that some dri fit brands are more odour resistant than others. UA has been pretty good for me. You can also try the merino wool tshirts (eg Icebreaker) -- pricey but they are supposedly naturally odour resistant.

I've never been able to recover a shirt after it started smelling, so can't help you there unfortunately.
Feb 3, 2015
970 posts
188 upvotes
Toronto
zyphere wrote:
Mar 5th, 2015 8:59 am
Ok, that also includes the sheets you can put in the dryer, I think those are no good for dri fit type fabric.

I've found that some dri fit brands are more odour resistant than others. UA has been pretty good for me. You can also try the merino wool tshirts (eg Icebreaker) -- pricey but they are supposedly naturally odour resistant.

I've never been able to recover a shirt after it started smelling, so can't help you there unfortunately.
Thats so right. Ive got this one shirt my and its my favorite. I tried for months to get it back to normal bit couldn't. I still have it. I now wear it casually at home because it doesnt smell when I don't sweat.
Penalty Box
Jan 27, 2014
4294 posts
1406 upvotes
zyphere wrote:

I usually find over the years some of my 100% polyester clothing does start to have a funky smell. I think my mom does use the Bounce sheets so maybe that's the problem?
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26999 posts
4296 upvotes
c_snapper wrote:
Mar 4th, 2015 10:17 am
would you consider paying more for the silverescent (sp, the anti stink material) from Lululemon?
I don't do yoga so I wouldn't want to give people the wrong impression by wearing yoga clothing.
zyphere wrote:

Hopefully they can still be saved somehow since they were quite spendy when I bought them new.

But if worse comes to worse then I will check out those brands when shopping.