• Last Updated:
  • Sep 15th, 2015 9:10 pm
Tags:
None
Feb 3, 2015
970 posts
188 upvotes
Toronto
@djpeanuts. My man lululemon is not for yoga heads only. Once you try one top youll never go back to drifit. Try anything antistink and you'll love it.
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2014
3868 posts
1052 upvotes
JohnS821 wrote:
Mar 5th, 2015 8:06 pm
@djpeanuts. My man lululemon is not for yoga heads only. Once you try one top youll never go back to drifit. Try anything antistink and you'll love it.
Do they go on sale? Prices are insane (as expected).
signature removed for rule violation. no referrals allowed.
Aug 14, 2005
667 posts
16 upvotes
Gloucester
I workout a lot and have a ton of dri-fit gear that would end up smelly if i didn't wash them right after a workout. Who has time for that? I found a cheap solution that has worked every time, wash your dri-fit clothes with regular detergent and add a small cup of distilled white vinegar. The vinegar will destroy any funky smell that's lingering on your dri-fit clothes.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2007
2133 posts
340 upvotes
ar2020 wrote:
Mar 6th, 2015 8:58 am
Do they go on sale? Prices are insane (as expected).
they are definitely not cheap, but you do get what you pay for.

i have a few of the metal vent tech shirts that i use daily and wash after EVERY use, yet they still hold up in shape and moisture wicking after 3 years.....
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26999 posts
4288 upvotes
Minh wrote:
Mar 6th, 2015 9:40 am
I workout a lot and have a ton of dri-fit gear that would end up smelly if i didn't wash them right after a workout. Who has time for that? I found a cheap solution that has worked every time, wash your dri-fit clothes with regular detergent and add a small cup of distilled white vinegar. The vinegar will destroy any funky smell that's lingering on your dri-fit clothes.
tebore wrote:
Mar 6th, 2015 10:33 am
Soaking them a bit with vinegar and warm water before washing will clear it right up.
I use an extra rinse in my wash cycle and it takes care of the vinegar.

Will give the vinegar a shot. Thanks!
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2004
3806 posts
333 upvotes
Toronto
Even though we are not suppose to use bleach, I still do. It kills the bacteria on the sweat build up.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
12061 posts
1783 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Care label instructions say to wash in cold water, so I wouldn't wash in hot water, as suggested previously.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
18258 posts
2932 upvotes
GTA West
I wash them right after using so they do not smell.
What if there were no hypothetical questions?
Feb 3, 2015
970 posts
188 upvotes
Toronto
c_snapper wrote:
Mar 6th, 2015 10:10 am
they are definitely not cheap, but you do get what you pay for.

i have a few of the metal vent tech shirts that i use daily and wash after EVERY use, yet they still hold up in shape and moisture wicking after 3 years.....
I sometimes use my metal vents 2 times with out washing and still smells fresh. Metal vents are the best.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2008
2349 posts
859 upvotes
Victoria
Never had an issue with Dri-Fit (or similar) items and odour. My routine: cold water, scent-free powder detergent, vinegar in the fabric softener cycle, air dry.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2007
2133 posts
340 upvotes
JohnS821 wrote:
Mar 8th, 2015 12:23 am
I sometimes use my metal vents 2 times with out washing and still smells fresh. Metal vents are the best.
lol now people think you do yoga. hahahaahhaha
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2009
5319 posts
770 upvotes
Toronto
I wash mine within a few days after they have been worn. I don't leave them in a gym bag or plastic bag. I heard a trick that some people do is take them into the shower with them and rinse them.
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2014
1189 posts
332 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
I wash them with warm water, but once a week - so they sit for some time between washes.
Wouldn't adding vinegar to the mix...make the shirt smell like vinegar? lmao.