• Feb 27th, 2008 10:57 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Oct 22, 2007
611 posts
71 upvotes

Do your Geox shoes leak?

I've noticed my 6 months old Geox shoes are now leaking in wet weather. Seems these tiny holes are now letting in water when I'm walking out in the rain and snow... anyone else have the same problems?
cc
17 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2006
2796 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
crashcourse wrote:
Nov 29th, 2007 9:27 pm
I've noticed my 6 months old Geox shoes are now leaking in wet weather. Seems these tiny holes are now letting in water when I'm walking out in the rain and snow... anyone else have the same problems?
if thats the case i think they'll exchange it even without a receipt since its a merchandise defect, it may be a little bit harder without the receipt though.

i once ripped my jeans in the gear of my bike once when i was in grade 9 or so.. my mom looked at the big tear and shes like whoa even though its your fault the jeans are really poorly made and defected, im gonna go return these for you. no receipt and she did it fine =)
if the original sealed package has been opened in any way or form, it is NO LONGER BRAND NEW IN BOX!
if an item has been USED no matter how little, it is NOT new at all!

Click for My Designer Denim Thread!
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
3630 posts
4 upvotes
Hasn't happened to my Geox shoes.

But I find they are very thin at the toes with no padding- for the Euro loafers anyways.

I actually bruised my toes real bad after walking 2 hours in them...and they are the proper size.

I am never buying Geox shoes again.
This user has no signature! :| :| :|
Deal Addict
May 16, 2005
2618 posts
80 upvotes
crashcourse wrote:
Nov 29th, 2007 9:27 pm
Does your Geox shoes have the Gore-Tex lining in it? If so it should be waterproof and they will replace it for it...
[OP]
Oct 22, 2007
611 posts
71 upvotes
nope no goretex lining, and I got them at Winners... oh well
cc
Apr 6, 2006
163 posts
7 upvotes
Same thing happened to me. I bought a pair of brown casual Geox's at Winners about a year ago (come to think of it, exactly a year ago last week). They're great shoes and I love them but they started leaking a few months ago.

Will Geox really replace them without a receipt? I probably have it somewhere but would rather not have to dig around for it.

I kinda doubt it but hey, if someone knows otherwise, please let us know!
Feb 17, 2002
910 posts
18 upvotes
None of my two pairs have leaked yet, I've worn them in the rain, snow, and dry.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
3630 posts
4 upvotes
Nevermynd wrote:
Nov 30th, 2007 6:47 pm
Same thing happened to me. I bought a pair of brown casual Geox's at Winners about a year ago (come to think of it, exactly a year ago last week). They're great shoes and I love them but they started leaking a few months ago.

Will Geox really replace them without a receipt? I probably have it somewhere but would rather not have to dig around for it.

I kinda doubt it but hey, if someone knows otherwise, please let us know!
Winners sells a lot of second quality items- so they might not be covered as I doubt Winners is an authorized retailer...they just get the bulk shoes from somewhere.

I bought my shoes at an actual authorized retailer and paid $75 a pair.

What were the Winners prices, just curious?
This user has no signature! :| :| :|
Deal Guru
Jun 12, 2003
14235 posts
845 upvotes
Markham
i always joked about this when i saw their ads

never knew they actually DO LEAK :lol:
ShadowVlican
[OP]
Oct 22, 2007
611 posts
71 upvotes
Steeve Urkel wrote:
Dec 1st, 2007 10:49 pm
Winners sells a lot of second quality items- so they might not be covered as I doubt Winners is an authorized retailer...they just get the bulk shoes from somewhere.

I bought my shoes at an actual authorized retailer and paid $75 a pair.

What were the Winners prices, just curious?
Mine were brown casual lace ups... winners clearance price (red sticker) $28 - compare at $149... I guess I get what I paid for!
cc
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
2048 posts
230 upvotes
Often wondered about this...but don't all these shoes have Goretex liners (in order for them to have open holes in the soles) and if so, Goretex has a "stay dry" guarantee right?
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2006
1345 posts
2 upvotes
No problems with mine...wear them all the time in the crappy weather.
Feb 24, 2008
1 posts
New Jersey
I bought two pair (on sale) in San Francisco at Christmas and was told by the salesperson that they are NOT waterproof. Wore them in Rome last month and walked 6 to 7 miles a day - they were wonderful!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)